Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Any thoughts on why there's a half hour gap between Optimo and Avalon Emerson? I'm keen to see her, but this means a half hour gap, with not much else happening nearby, when I could be watching all manner of great stuff in Shangri-La/Arcadia?  

3 minutes ago, KnowingScooby said:

Was Annie Mac originally doing one of the presents slots at Stonebridge Bar?

Yeah she was, I’m sure. It was possibly Friday 11 - 5 that’s now down as Jamz Supernova presents. 

ETA: Given it’s a “presents” slot anyway I’m not sure it will make much difference! 😉

Edited by jimmillen

On 6/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Ed90 said:

Any thoughts on why there's a half hour gap between Optimo and Avalon Emerson? I'm keen to see her, but this means a half hour gap, with not much else happening nearby, when I could be watching all manner of great stuff in Shangri-La/Arcadia?  

I wondered the same a few days back, suggestions were that a house DJ would play in that half hour to keep things moving, and/or Avalon Emerson might be using some special equipment that needs to be set up. Seems odd to me though, I'm still hoping they'll just extend Optimo's set. After several days trudging through mud any break in momentum is liable to send to to my bed.

Asked this in main chat but no response.  Anyone got an idea how Kurupt FM will work at Arcadia as normally it’s very much a “show” with DJing and there’s obviously not room to do that in the spiders belly 

2 minutes ago, e_p said:

Asked this in main chat but no response.  Anyone got an idea how Kurupt FM will work at Arcadia as normally it’s very much a “show” with DJing and there’s obviously not room to do that in the spiders belly 

Well they're used to Steves nans flat which isn't much bigger...

I imagine they'll all squeeze in for the set, it's only an hour

Enjoyed the house / techno summary someone did so did one for drum and bass in the common. Feel free to disagree!

UNCOMMON RECORDS - RESIST, JIMBITCH, FRD B2B MY-R, FT. JAGO, KRAY-Z LEGZ           

Jump up ragga jungle. Lots of bangers but nothing too ground-breaking.  

BORN ON ROAD (ARIES, KELVIN 373, STIVS, SELECTA J-MAN, GOLD DUBS)              

As above but ever so slightly more ground-breaking. Think reggae samples you’ve heard 100 times before with a  slightly different bassline.

ED SOLO & DEEKLINE      

As above. The same samples but with the same bassline.

MY NU LENG B2B WONKA           

Weird bassline stuff? These guys were big 4 years ago?

S.P.Y & LOWQUI             

Masterclass in liquid DNB (hopefully). At 5am who knows.

BOU FT HARIBO 

DNB for your nephew. Sideways bumbag required.

KOTR + INJA   

Smashing the more mainstream stuff right now.

A.M.C & PHANTOM        

Won DJ of the year recently knocking Andy C off the throne. Usually plays 6 decks at a time which is a spectacle. Talented DJ, crap tunes (imo).

N4 RECORDS SHOWCASE - PETE CANNON, JAY CUNNING & JIVES 

New skool jungle. Should be huge.

TIM REAPER      

More new skool jungle. This guys on fire right now.

PINEAPPLE RECORDS; SAM BINGA B2B BAKEY B2B FOREIGN CONCEPT    

Critical legends. If you like heavy / techy stuff this is the one.

JINX IN DUB        

Bread and butter ragga jungle probably or jump up.

DOPE AMMO & BENNY PAGE      

As much as I want benny to play a 2005 vinyl set it will be more jump up.

BLOC 2 BLOC - BANNER & KAZ    

Manchester DNB radio I think. Generally smash it.

SAM BINGA        

More critical greatness.

GOLDIE 

Will smash it. Sets could be anything but expect Metalheadz dark / techy DNB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hank Hankinson said:

Any House DJs on the Glastonbury lineup that I simply can't miss?

Sorry for sounding like that twat but House is a very big genre. What kind of house (hard, deep, minimal, progressive, gospel, acid, tech, french....am I missing any?) or artists do you have in mind?

Edited by rgalbraith

Can someone tell me how the Bug works please, I don’t think I’ve ever seen, I was always under the impression that it’s just drives any on site, then randomly opens its wings and blast a couple of tunes, and then move on somewhere else, but looking on the EE map, it shows it located in Arcadia field

5 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Can someone tell me how the Bug works please, I don’t think I’ve ever seen, I was always under the impression that it’s just drives any on site, then randomly opens its wings and blast a couple of tunes, and then move on somewhere else, but looking on the EE map, it shows it located in Arcadia field

I think they’ll just use it as a smaller stage in a fixed location in their field. Here it is at Arcadia’s festival in 2018. It didn’t move then either - it was just used as the 3rd stage. 

4EFA6E30-26E6-4F2F-8614-D6C5CA6FC15A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

Sorry for sounding like that twat but House is a very big genre. What kind of house (hard, deep, minimal, progressive, gospel, acid, tech, french....am I missing any?) or artists do you have in mind?

Hahaha it's all good man. Deep house primarily. Going to see Frankie Wah, Tsha, Denis Sulta and Cinthie so something in that realm. Also might try and catch Haai, Jobse and Dan Avery. Got my eyes on the Overmono Live set as well, different all together but they've got me very interested plus I need to see someone smash the IICON stage. So many dance options this year its insane!

15 minutes ago, Hank Hankinson said:

Hahaha it's all good man. Deep house primarily. Going to see Frankie Wah, Tsha, Denis Sulta and Cinthie so something in that realm. Also might try and catch Haai, Jobse and Dan Avery. Got my eyes on the Overmono Live set as well, different all together but they've got me very interested plus I need to see someone smash the IICON stage. So many dance options this year its insane!

Only noticed this morning that Overmono have a second live set listed for Sonic on Saturday, as well as iicon.

30 minutes ago, stuie said:

Only noticed this morning that Overmono have a second live set listed for Sonic on Saturday, as well as iicon.

Yep noticed that also, does anyone have any idea if there will be big differences between the two music wise? Would prefer to see the Iicon set since it will likely have a better atmosphere and visuals, but the Sonic set might be easier to avoid clashes.

Edited by FLB