Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Always wanted that kind of stuff in the depth of night in the se corner, but never expect it to happen. Scenes from Houghton as they go on for hours and hours always look unbelievable 

They really are the tightest DJ’s about. What I love about that scene is they take it very seriously and the mixing is always beyond immaculate and the track list a complete mystery.

I do think though you need to see them on their turf to fully get them. Room 1 fabric, houghton, or in mainland Europe they really pack a punch.

I saw them at Fabric for their last December session and I was astounded at how professional the set sounded. I felt like I was really getting schooled. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, pepesilvia said:

saw Mall Grab in Belfast on Saturday, not sure of the general consensus on his sets but I thought he was incredible! Every tune was massive and I haven't raved like that in ages.

Going to the Friday show in London. Caught him in NL earlier this year and was soo good. Seems to have found his place at the moment.

5 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Anyone going to Ross from Friends / Flume tonight in London?  Have two spare tickets.

Twickets are stopping me from selling there as the lead booker needs to be there at same time with ID. I can't even transfer tickets to my friends who want to arrive a bit later. Anyway I plan on entering at 730 if anyone is keen to buy the tickets. 

Have you tried Ticketswap?

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They really are the tightest DJ’s about. What I love about that scene is they take it very seriously and the mixing is always beyond immaculate and the track list a complete mystery.

I do think though you need to see them on their turf to fully get them. Room 1 fabric, houghton, or in mainland Europe they really pack a punch.

I saw them at Fabric for their last December session and I was astounded at how professional the set sounded. I felt like I was really getting schooled. 

Are there any sets online that you can recommend for a listen? 

Don't know if anyone would be interested but I started putting techno mixes on YouTube. If you're into Bicep I'll probably not be your thing. But theres two Blawan tracks on there. Jeff Mills, Steve Bicknell, Adam Beyer, John Beltran, I'm sure you catch my techno drift, it's that kind of mix. Only using vinyl for this one so don't expect digital perfection. 

On a side note, I think I might have purchased a record off someone in this thread just this week. I'll say nothing due to the discogs omerta policy. Thanks though, if it was you. 

17 hours ago, ravermum said:

Are there any sets online that you can recommend for a listen? 

The mixing in this can be a bit scrappy at times - but on the night it was absolutely sick.

In terms of one of my favourite mixes within this genre check these out. 

Should be a good starting point :) 

edit also - 

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Nice to see how enthusiastic you all seem about them, but I've got to admit I really can't get my head around the love for the RPR fellas.

It's nice and well mixed and all, but to me it's just a bit... featureless, I guess?

Yeah I get that. But I think that’s what I look for in a DJ. Very little ego and a heads down environment. I’m not really about the super uplifting party stuff lol.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The mixing in this can be a bit scrappy at times - but on the night it was absolutely sick.

In terms of one of my favourite mixes within this genre check these out. 

Should be a good starting point :) 

edit also - 

Thank you so much for this - plenty to keep me busy there and much appreciated ?

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Nice to see how enthusiastic you all seem about them, but I've got to admit I really can't get my head around the love for the RPR fellas.

It's nice and well mixed and all, but to me it's just a bit... featureless, I guess?

I listened to them also and I felt the exact same It’s just sort of keeps going on and on like it’s leading somewhere but it never gets there. I don’t mean that there has to be big drops for me to like it, there doesn’t, just didn’t click for me. The mixing is impeccable though.

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I listened to them also and I felt the exact same It’s just sort of keeps going on and on like it’s leading somewhere but it never gets there. I don’t mean that there has to be big drops for me to like it, there doesn’t, just didn’t click for me. The mixing is impeccable though.

Yeah I get what you mean. I think my obsession with them is the tracks are always so layered and designed for club use. Sonicly the Romanian/UK minimal sound has probably inspired me the most to start DJ’ing.

I listen to some songs that were released when I first got into the scene and it just fills me with warmth.

I love the focus and obsession with the sub bass.

Edited by Matt42

21 hours ago, senor said:

Heard this techo beast on a recent Mr Scruff 5 hour session.

Am unsure if is the best slab of solid techno have heard this year, or whether is shit

Didn't realise my speakers were on 100% when I pressed play! I like it. It's one for the club for sure. Would love to hear it played out among a good crowd.