Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Carl Cox b2b Jamie Jones. I wonder if the latter will bring out the softer side of Coxy. That would be slightly less than great for me, but I could see them doing that on Pangea. I’m predicting: Glade - house, funk etc as billed; Pangea - tech housey with JJ; IIICON - straight up techno.

I think that's spot on actually.  I'll be at IIIIIIIIICON for sure if that the case.

It's been too long since I've seen a proper CC techno set.  Should have happened at Junction 2 last year but some medication decided to kick in hard at the wrong time and I had to escape the crowd.

Also, I think we’re sure that Monika Kruse is Friday too, aren’t we? If she was in The Temple at 0400h (so enough time actually to get in given first night proper packed-ness), that could be unreal!!! 

Ben

Literally so buzzing to get there now.  I don't remember the last time I was this excited for Glasto.

Work productivity has been poor today.

Also, I think we’re sure that Monika Kruse is Friday too, aren’t we? If she was in The Temple at 0400h (so enough time actually to get in given first night proper packed-ness), that could be unreal!!! 

Ben

You just know she is going to clash with Charlotte de Witte now

11 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

You just know she is going to clash with Charlotte de Witte now

I'd be surprised (disappointed) if they did that.

Loving the more women on the line-up, particularly Techno.

Considering Awakenings usually steals it all from Glasto it's not going too bad so far.

22 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's friday, Im staying in tonight. A few techno bits to get people moving -  all a bit quicker than @bennyhana22's 128bpm optimum, but I like them!

I don't want to be that guy, Fuzz, but that Reinier Zonneveld track is excellent ( i love a bit fo acid...) and Beatport lists it as 128bpm!

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Last time Craig Charles played Arcadia he played late afternoon, and I could see him doing the same again. In fact I don't think I've ever heard of him doing a late night set a festival before, he's retreated deep back into the funky bunker by that time.

Saw him do the last set of the last night on one of the small stages at bestival one year. Was clearly off his nut, having the best time, but the mix didnt suffer. Security shut it down for a bit because the bar was too rammed (think it was one of those weird jagermeister sponsored bar type things) but he was straight in the crowd to continue the party. Top Fella!

18 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Charlotte defo, Daniel Avery - I so want to see him, Carl Cox IIICON - straight up techno. 

But, a Friday techno night at the new fire-spitter sounds excellent, bombing off to the SEC at 3am for the second half of the night. 

18 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Monika Kruse in The Temple at 0400h (so enough time actually to get in given first night proper packed-ness), that could be unreal!!! 

15 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

If Paula Temple now gets announced for Block9 we’re flying...

"Benjamin, Benjamin, get out of that room now and stop squeezing all the presents. You can only open them on Christmas Day and no earlier". ?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Hope Block 9 comes out early in the day (don't expect it to), as I'm off to Wembley and will get caught up in that

Who do you support mate? I fancy Villa to go up myself as a Rovers fan not overly impressed with Derby they were shite at Ewood this year. That said they’re in the final so what do I know. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Who do you support mate? I fancy Villa to go up myself as a Rovers fan not overly impressed with Derby they were shite at Ewood this year. That said they’re in the final so what do I know. 

Villa tomorrow. I'm a Celtic fan, but a mate has a family connection who plays for Villa so we're off down to cheer them on. I fancy them also, but these games always likely to be scrappy 

I'm just hoping to see a good game personally, I've never been to Wembley either so looking forward to it. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Block 9 tomorrow surely? Full lineup will probably be next week!

I think we’ll all go mental if Block9 doesn’t drop tomorrow!

I reckon it’ll earlyish, given the Bank Holiday. Gives people a whole day to digest the massive line-up and chat about it. 

Fingers crossed ??, team. 

Ben

34 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That’s the Coxy I’m looking for, Fuzz ??

Ben

Exactly the same for me Ben! Im hoping he is like that at Arcadia.

He did say he id playing 2 Techno sets, surely 1 is Block 9. If not, is it a secret set somewhere?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop