Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

48 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Massive news, that set a few years back in the morning was brilliant, just remember so many hungover faces being slowly bought back to life, and his wife boogieing with down the front loving it

Heard Digital Arpeggios for the first time at that set

19 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Deadline for readying all the assets hitting now. They can't push it beyond the weekend – next 48hrs it's due.

Suffice to say, no-one is walking away from this thread unhappy. Some absolute pearlers and one hell of a redesign.

@Ddiamondd, I think I speak for us all when I say you have become a valuable and welcome asset in this fine thread. This is the kind of post I can get behind 

Edit: and if they pull Prydz/Cirez out of the bag I might just kiss you.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

Calling @bennyhana22 (And whoever else is interested) just found out my brothers mate, Paul Maddox is playing on Glade (Spektre is his act name, two lads). Very tough techno. He's a seriously good producer of hard house but recently turned to techno. Used to go clubbing with him when my brother DJ'd. Just thought you might be interested! I'll be there 100% if you fancy a good old smosh about the dance floor :D

Edited by Stokesy10

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Calling @bennyhana22 (And whoever else is interested. Just found out my brothers mate, Paul Maddox is playing on Glade (Spektre is his act name, two lads). Very tough techno. He's a seriously good producer of hard house but recently turned to techno. Used to go clubbing with him when my brother DJ'd. Just thought you might be interested!

Used to love Maddox when he was at Tidy, always seemed a nice lad too. 

45 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Deadline for readying all the assets hitting now. They can't push it beyond the weekend – next 48hrs it's due.

Suffice to say, no-one is walking away from this thread unhappy. Some absolute pearlers and one hell of a redesign.

Come to the meet so I can buy you a pint!

58 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Charlotte de Witte nailed on then! ??

15 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Used to love Maddox when he was at Tidy, always seemed a nice lad too. 

He's a great lad yeh. Played in Switzerland last week and my brother met him, said it was unreal. Shame there isn't a few classic Tidy DJs at Glasto! 

19 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Calling @bennyhana22 (And whoever else is interested) just found out my brothers mate, Paul Maddox is playing on Glade (Spektre is his act name, two lads). Very tough techno. He's a seriously good producer of hard house but recently turned to techno. Used to go clubbing with him when my brother DJ'd. Just thought you might be interested! I'll be there 100% if you fancy a good old smosh about the dance floor :D

@Stokesy10

Nailed on my must-see list already, fella. 

Please confirm that they’re playing live...

Hadn’t heard of them prior to the Glade drop and have loved everything I’ve watched so far online. Blistering stuff. Yes, they’re ‘tough’, but not just thump-thump-thump...they’re really intelligent in their track progressions...can’t wait for them...

Ben

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

@Stokesy10

Nailed on my must-see list already, fella. 

Please confirm that they’re playing live...

Hadn’t heard of them prior to the Glade drop and have loved everything I’ve watched so far online. Blistering stuff. Yes, they’re ‘tough’, but not just thump-thump-thump...they’re really intelligent in their track progressions...can’t wait for them...

Ben

As far as I'm aware it's not "live", just their own stuff. It'll be rather good stuff at that! Tough and groovy. My brother did a track with him producing years back, he's a master at getting it bang on very quickly in the studio. 

38 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

He's a great lad yeh. Played in Switzerland last week and my brother met him, said it was unreal. Shame there isn't a few classic Tidy DJs at Glasto! 

Embarrassing true story, actually had the old tidytrax bin man logo tattooed on my arm when I was 18. Had it covered as everyone thought it was actually the keep Britain tidy sign and it wasn’t a great tat anyway. Plus grew out of that scene after a few years. Is there any hardhouse at glasto these days? Seen something the other day mentioning it. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I wouldn’t really consider her a Bloc9 booking or say Amie Lens, Adam Bayer and all that lot. I may be wrong like. I certainly hope they don’t spunk their budget on that myself. 

Arcadia definitely the best bet for someone like that 

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Spektre are on my list of must-sees. Absolutely banging.

10 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I wouldn’t really consider her a Bloc9 booking or say Amie Lens, Adam Bayer and all that lot. I may be wrong like. I certainly hope they don’t spunk their budget on that myself. 

Really?

I would say that if IICON is being created as a many-1000s venue and techno is on the brief, then Charlotte de Witte would be very much the sort of artist they would look at - not for the 'name', you understand, rather for the sort of reaction she'd get.

That said, I too hope that the line-up is quality across the board, rather than top-loading the budget with any 'big stars' who would need a big fee...

Ben

Edit - and, as @FuzzyDunlop will attest, if Charlotte is even in the crosshairs, please can we have Enrico Sangiuliano as well/instead? They both played Boomtown last year, and whilst Charlotte was good, Enrico blew her out of the water...

Edited by bennyhana22

29 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

As far as I'm aware it's not "live", just their own stuff. It'll be rather good stuff at that! Tough and groovy. My brother did a track with him producing years back, he's a master at getting it bang on very quickly in the studio. 

Don't suppose you know what day and time they're playing by any chance?

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Really?

I would say that if IICON is being created as a many-1000s venue and techno is on the brief, then Charlotte de Witte would be very much the sort of artist they would look at - not for the 'name', you understand, rather for the sort of reaction she'd get.

That said, I too hope that the line-up is quality across the board, rather than top-loading the budget with any 'big stars' who would need a big fee...

Ben

Edit - and, as @FuzzyDunlop will attest, if Charlotte is even in the crosshairs, please can we have Enrico Sangiuliano as well/instead? They both played Boomtown last year, and whilst Charlotte was good, Enrico blew her out of the water...

How big is this venue meant to be? I did read it was meant to hold around 1000 I think but I just assumed that was wrong. Where is it going to go for a start? I always had Bloc9 down as the most underground place at Glastonbury with like special bookings for the Downlow like MAW, Rodger Sanchez and stuff. Feels to me anyway she’d be better suited to Arcadia. Maybe I’ve totally underestimated the size of this new venue and their vision for it.