Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Cool. Thanks very much!

Does anyone know what FlyLo is like live? I'm going to watch a live set at some point but was wondering if anyone had actually been to one. I've been listening to him over the last few days for the first time and I'm really enjoying some of it so quite keen to go, but I need to persuade the other half to peel away from The Who... I hear it's visually incredible, but how is the live music aspect of it..?

I've sort of hard to describe, somewhere between a live and DJ set. Expect to hear songs from other artists intertwined with his own. It is not live in the sense of a band being there. As far as if he is composing his songs on the spot at all electronically, I'm not really sure. There may be an appearance from Captain Murphy (his rapper alter ego). And yes the visual aspect is fucking amazing. I've always found his shows to be like big parties, which is why it was surprising the way West Holts presented it, distinguishing it from Friday and Saturday nights headliners.

I've sort of hard to describe, somewhere between a live and DJ set. Expect to hear songs from other artists intertwined with his own. It is not live in the sense of a band being there. As far as if he is composing his songs on the spot at all electronically, I'm not really sure. There may be an appearance from Captain Murphy (his rapper alter ego). And yes the visual aspect is fucking amazing. I've always found his shows to be like big parties, which is why it was surprising the way West Holts presented it, distinguishing it from Friday and Saturday nights headliners.

I saw him in Manchester and that's what I picked up on. The show was amazing, but it was also bizarre and disjointed. He brought out Thundercat to do some acoustic numbers and then made an appearance as his rapper alter ego, which wasn't that great.

It was all quite theatrical, in the sense of FlyLo's stage manner, acting like he was being electrocuted etc... But at times a lot was happening musically and he only had one hand on the mixer...

Having said all this it's worth it for the visuals alone,make sure you get close to the cube.

Hi everyone - can anyone recommend some acts to check out? I've looked at the line up for Silver Hayes but I don't recognise many names, apart from the big mainstream ones.

To give an idea as to taste I'm a big fan of Above & Beyond / Anjunabeats (Mat Zo, Andrew Bayer, Myon & Shane 54, Kyau & Albert, Suspect 44 etc.), and I like a bit of funky house - so acts along those lines would be grand. Anything you can dance to really, that's not too heavy or hardcore.

Much appreciated!

Hi everyone - can anyone recommend some acts to check out? I've looked at the line up for Silver Hayes but I don't recognise many names, apart from the big mainstream ones.

To give an idea as to taste I'm a big fan of Above & Beyond / Anjunabeats (Mat Zo, Andrew Bayer, Myon & Shane 54, Kyau & Albert, Suspect 44 etc.), and I like a bit of funky house - so acts along those lines would be grand. Anything you can dance to really, that's not too heavy or hardcore.

Much appreciated!

From the names you mention..

Dave Seaman maybe? That style of anjunabeats isn't really represented tbh

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

RIght oh knowledgeable electronica connoisseurs. I would like some advice on who I should consider going to see. There's not a whole load on the line up that I know I like. So throw suggestions at me for someone who enjoys the likes of Nicolas Jaar, Caribou, Hot Chip, Kiasmos, Jon Hopkins, Floating Points, Todd Terje, Four Tet, John Talabot, LCD Soundsystem (any of the DFA lot, Shit Robot etc...). I mean my list could go on and get more varied but I'm sure that wont help. THANK YOUUUUUUUU. I'M SO EXCITED.

(Edit: I guess I should add in names already on the line up that I will probably go and see, but I'm hoping to find new people! : George Fitzgerald, JESuS, Sinkane, 2 Bears, the Friday Bugged Out! at Stonebridge... man I don't think I can see everyone)

I'll just give you my list, probably best

Wednesday:

Prosumer, possibly

Thursday:

DJ Pierre

Gerd Janson

Benji B

Jackmaster

Friday:

Bugged Out! @ Stonebridge and @ Beat Hotel

Hessle Boat Party

Jackmaster b2b Vynehall

Erol Alkan

Gerd Janson

Seth Troxler

Saturday:

Taylor McFerrin

Prosumer

Four Tet

George Fitzgerald

Sunday:

Jackmaster B2B Joy O

Four Tet

George Fitzgerald

Prosumer

Kompact in the Beat Hotel (BARNT!)

Bicep

Robert Hood

lots and lots and lots

• Upvote 1

Wednesday:

Prosumer, possibly

Thursday:

DJ Pierre

Gerd Janson

Benji B

Jackmaster

Friday:

Hessle Boat Party

Jackmaster b2b Vynehall

Erol Alkan

Gerd Janson

Seth Troxler

Saturday:

Taylor McFerrin

Prosumer

Four Tet

George Fitzgerald

Sunday:

Jackmaster B2B Joy O

Four Tet

George Fitzgerald

Prosumer

Bicep

Robert Hood

lots and lots and lots

I didn't even see DJ Pierre on the lineup, just had to go and check you weren't wrong! I am there for that, there's a lot of boring, sub-par house sets out there at the moment, but Pierre knows where it's at.

Wednesday:

Prosumer, possibly

Thursday:

DJ Pierre

Gerd Janson

Benji B

Jackmaster

Friday:

Hessle Boat Party

Jackmaster b2b Vynehall

Erol Alkan

Gerd Janson

Seth Troxler

Saturday:

Taylor McFerrin

Prosumer

Four Tet

George Fitzgerald

Sunday:

Jackmaster B2B Joy O

Four Tet

George Fitzgerald

Prosumer

Bicep

Robert Hood

lots and lots and lots

No Phuture, Tuna?

A bit of proper, genre-defining acid?

Think I have to be there for that...

Ben

• Upvote 1

You'll form your own opinions of arcadia I'm sure

Yep. Everything will depend if you can get within the speakers. If you can't as its too busy, it will be pointless. If you can, stay all night!

If I cant get in the speakers (though I am absolutely determined), Im going to the glade lounge for some progressive house. If you like someone like sasha, I would recommend...

https://youtu.be/LhNZE2qiiH0

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I'm all over the Spaceport on Thursday. I can't for the life of me remember much about this venue (size, in/outdoor etc) though. Is it the small dome thing or something else?

Im not sure mate. Haven't been since 2010 and I dont think the spaceport was there then.

Anyone else at Field Day this weekend? Thought Todd Tejre and the Olsens and Caribou were both outstanding, as were Klock/Dettmann although hearing the sound wasn't great from further back on the main stage

Tell me more about Terje. How long was the set etc..?

Tell me more about Terje. How long was the set etc..?

Just about bang on an hour, though I wasn't doing a lot of clock watching, definitely for the best with the Olsens it's a great live performance, he/they will definitely be better at glastonbury the sound at the main stage yesterday wasn't too loud, but pretty staple set to what he's being playing, I enjoyed it, il be going back to see them

Just about bang on an hour, though I wasn't doing a lot of clock watching, definitely for the best with the Olsens it's a great live performance, he/they will definitely be better at glastonbury the sound at the main stage yesterday wasn't too loud, but pretty staple set to what he's being playing, I enjoyed it, il be going back to see them

That sounds great! Roll on Glastonbury!

Does anyone know of any trance DJs that are playing this year? I've spotted Way Out West there but wondering if there's anyone likely to play an old school trance set or at least just a couple of classics in their set. Cheers.

Anyone else at Field Day this weekend? Thought Todd Tejre and the Olsens and Caribou were both outstanding, as were Klock/Dettmann although hearing the sound wasn't great from further back on the main stage

John Talabot was ridiculous, wish Glastonbury had booked him. Couldn't get into Todd Terje because of the crowd really, hoping West Holts goes way better

oooh i'm excited! missing DFA1979 is a bummer but that field will be non-stop dancing. dragging one of my friends along with me who's not at all in to his electronic music. really hope he gets in to the party mood and enjoys it

I wasn't too impressed with Todd, but I couldn't see a thing, the sound was terrible and I'm not a massive fan. It was alright but I won't bother with him at Glastonbury.

Klock/Dettman were great as usual and I really enjoyed Volte Face and Nina Kraviz's sets.

I wasn't too impressed with Todd, but I couldn't see a thing, the sound was terrible and I'm not a massive fan. It was alright but I won't bother with him at Glastonbury.

Klock/Dettman were great as usual and I really enjoyed Volte Face and Nina Kraviz's sets.

I was right down by the front for Todd and the sound was fine slightly quieter than usual for down the front, but it was fine, made all the difference as a couple if mates if mine were way back and said the same as you

The crowd was even more London than London has ever experienced, unreal, it was a bit loud and chatty at times too, but still had a great time

Edited by Mezhyp1