Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh Sas, it's a cornucopia of dance riches, isn't it?!

1. What particularly in the SEC is the rival to Helena Hauff? 

V useful advice as ever - thanks Ben!

So I thought about either getting to Temple early to see the TBA followed by HAAI, or also fancy Andy C or Bukem (sorry, I know how this thread feels about DnB!), and then Ben UFO on Genosys. 

I think that although HH and HAAI don't clash, walking/getting into the temple make seeing both impossible. 

Obviously I realise this is an excellent problem to have!! 

4 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

V useful advice as ever - thanks Ben!

So I thought about either getting to Temple early to see the TBA followed by HAAI, or also fancy Andy C or Bukem (sorry, I know how this thread feels about DnB!), and then Ben UFO on Genosys. 

I think that although HH and HAAI don't clash, walking/getting into the temple make seeing both impossible. 

Obviously I realise this is an excellent problem to have!! 

Oi!

We are a non-discriminatory, broad church in here! All genres are as legit as others (I'm looking at you, cheesy tech-house...). DnB included. I really like quality DnB. I just can't dance to it! The bpm doesn't resonate with my feet 🤪

Ben

27 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oi!

We are a non-discriminatory, broad church in here! All genres are as legit as others (I'm looking at you, cheesy tech-house...). DnB included. I really like quality DnB. I just can't dance to it! The bpm doesn't resonate with my feet 🤪

Ben

Well in that case 🤣 - what are people looking forward to on the more disco/soulful side of things (during a break from all the techno obvs)?

I’m thinking Crazy P Soundsystem, Folamour, maybe Glitterbox takeover (though that might swing the pendulum too far for me…) - maybe Blessed Madonna - who else? My memory of the place alway is incredibly hazy but when I’ve made the NYC Downlow it’s always been more disco leaning... I think?

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

We know we all love to dance. 

But I'm really intrigued by what non-dance stuff the E/D faithful are most looking forward to. 

Which bands/artists are top of your must-see lists?

I'll kick off...list as many or few as you like, but who are you really excited for?

DEADLETTER
Panic Shack
The Comet Is Coming
The Murder Capital
Working Men's Club
Weyes Blood
Slowdive
Phoenix

Whatcha got?

Ben

I'll definitely be at:

Panic Shack

Adwaith; Hives; Los Bitchos; CR Jepson; Sparks; Fever Ray

WMC; Generation Sex; Lizzo

Cassetteboy; Nova Twins .... Sunday is still very much up in the air. 

9 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Now then....

Conundrum 1: Saturday night is all kinds of great. So much stuff in the South East corner. BUT do I miss most of it for Helena Hauff??? 

Conundrum 2: Is there every any point trying to see Floating Points/Dahne on Arcadia or am I unlikely to get anywhere near due to the Chems beforehand?

Conundrum 3: HAAI set on San Remo feels a little far from the rest of the action. Worth it? Or better to sack off Hauff on Saturday, get into Temple early and hope that TBA is a good'un? 

Help! 

My thoughts, in a less detailed answer than Benny ...

1) Yes, Helena

2) Will be very busy, but possible. How are you in crowds?

3) Hard one. Are you missing on a Saturday headliner? Then do the Temple thing.

Good luck

43 minutes ago, thetiffler said:

Well in that case 🤣 - what are people looking forward to on the more disco/soulful side of things (during a break from all the techno obvs)?

I’m thinking Crazy P Soundsystem, Folamour, maybe Glitterbox takeover (though that might swing the pendulum too far for me…) - maybe Blessed Madonna - who else? My memory of the place alway is incredibly hazy but when I’ve made the NYC Downlow it’s always been more disco leaning... I think?

I'd love to help, @thetiffler, but I fear I am not the man for this job! 

Ben

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

We know we all love to dance. 

But I'm really intrigued by what non-dance stuff the E/D faithful are most looking forward to. 

Which bands/artists are top of your must-see lists?

I'll kick off...list as many or few as you like, but who are you really excited for?

DEADLETTER
Panic Shack
The Comet Is Coming
The Murder Capital
Working Men's Club
Weyes Blood
Slowdive
Phoenix

Whatcha got?

Ben

Ben Howard, Arctic Monkeys, Loyal C, Shame, Barrington Levy, Texas, Cat Stevens, Blondie and most importantly Reg - tears will shed at that, followed by more tears at Romy

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

My thoughts, in a less detailed answer than Benny ...

1) Yes, Helena

2) Will be very busy, but possible. How are you in crowds?

3) Hard one. Are you missing on a Saturday headliner? Then do the Temple thing.

Good luck

Thanks! 

Yeh, FBS would be my saturday headliner so would be happy to go into Temple early. But then I miss Helena! 

And I'm generally good in crowds... Just remember that pushing forward slowly to get within the speakers last year was super annoying. Definitely preferred the giant crane in that reapect! 

13 hours ago, glenn2ns said:

Tibasko set time confirmation for Sunday night @ The Hive

IMG_0811.png

Thanks for posting. Kinda hoping they would play longer than a hours set (I thought most DJs got at least 1.5 hours) but good news in that I can park up at the Glade area for Dave Seaman/Tripswitch and get nearly most of Kolsch and miss maybe the last 15-20 mins, get the full hour of TIBASKO and only miss a small portion of Sedef Adasi at WOW in Silver Hayes. What a way to end the festival!

Edited by g-dog

15 hours ago, glenn2ns said:

Tibasko set time confirmation for Sunday night @ The Hive

IMG_0811.png

Argh. That presents a real dilemma! Do I sack off a bit of psytrance, head to The Hive for TIBASKO and then dove down to IICON for Underground Resistance, or stick with the Glade Dome a bit longer for my psychedelic fix?

A lovely quandary to ponder at the time! 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, WarlyBarly said:

Where about a in block 9?  I’m working t&c so should be able to get in I’d have thought.

Come down the slope off the railway line, turn left and it's immediately on your left, just before you get to NYC Downlow.

A small door with a steward on it. 

Yes, if you're T&C staff, you'll be fine. It's open tonight, so head over. I assume you're on site now?

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Come down the slope off the railway line, turn left and it's immediately on your left, just before you get to NYC Downlow.

A small door with a steward on it. 

Yes, if you're T&C staff, you'll be fine. It's open tonight, so head over. I assume you're on site now?

Cheers.  Nah tomorrow sadly, but I’ll def be there tomorrow evening.