Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

53 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Carl cox on glade and chems on arcadia at the same time. Really trying to spread those SE corner crowds!

having said that both will probably have started before the main stages have finished. 

You think? Notwithstanding concerns at crowding last year, they've made the Arcadia field bigger and so, IMO, no way are the Chems on before the headliners finish! Or barely. Maybe 0000-0200h, leaving an hour for that night's spider closer. 

Coxy? Dunno. If he's playing a proper techno set, then I'd be up for it, but I'd hate to have committed to a decent spot on Glade, only for him to bring out the disco bangers 🤪

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You think? Notwithstanding concerns at crowding last year, they've made the Arcadia field bigger and so, IMO, no way are the Chems on before the headliners finish! Or barely. Maybe 0000-0200h, leaving an hour for that night's slider closer. 

Coxy? Dunno. If he's playing a proper techno set, then I'd be up for it, but I'd hate to have committed to a decent spot on Glade, only for him to bring out the disco bangers 🤪

Ben

I am pretty sure that Floating Point's has said that him and Daphni are on after Chems on the Friday  which may imply they are a bit earlier 

Edited by stocky3000

5 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

I am pretty sure that Floating Point's has said that him and Daphni are on after Chems on the Friday  which may imply they are a bit earlier 

Okeedokee - @Memory Man might be spot on, then. 

What to expect from the FloPo/Daphni set, I wonder? I'm intrigued. I really enjoyed what I saw of FloPo on IICON last year, and Dan Snaith is a great guy, but I worry the set might be a bit 'light' for me. Saying that, when I saw Caribou at Green Man a couple of years ago, he dropped the most enormous techno banger towards the end of the set. So...who knows?

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Okeedokee - @Memory Man might be spot on, then. 

What to expect from the FloPo/Daphni set, I wonder? I'm intrigued. I really enjoyed what I saw of FloPo on IICON last year, and Dan Snaith is a great guy, but I worry the set might be a bit 'light' for me. Saying that, when I saw Caribou at Green Man a couple of years ago, he dropped the most enormous techno banger towards the end of the set. So...who knows?

Ben

That Caribou set at Green Man was awesome. That sounds like a tempting Friday night at the Spider for me

• Like 1

The Spider just gets so packed that it's really hard to get underneath which is where the best sound is, got stuck in a massive crush there last year which put me off it, they may have made the field larger but id bet they haven't made the system any louder.

Edited by Madyaker

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Carl cox on glade and chems on arcadia at the same time. Really trying to spread those SE corner crowds!

having said that both will probably have started before the main stages have finished. 

41 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You think? Notwithstanding concerns at crowding last year, they've made the Arcadia field bigger and so, IMO, no way are the Chems on before the headliners finish! Or barely. Maybe 0000-0200h, leaving an hour for that night's spider closer. 

Ben

chems are at 11

52 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’m sure timings and clashes will screw this up, but the potential Friday night run of…..

Fred Again - Hot Chip - Chems would be a lot of fun. 

Hot chip wont be done till 23:45 if you watch them all and arcadia is a bit of a trek from woodsies. Chems would be rammo and nearly over by the time you got there sadly.

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Is it?

Feel like I read on here that Chems will be on around headliner time, which is before SEC starts ramping up in business.

0:00/1:30 start time is what you need if you're trying to get people away from SEC (like Calvin Harris)

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

The Spider just gets so packed that it's really hard to get underneath which is where the best sound is, got stuck in a massive crush there last year which put me off it, they may have made the field larger but id bet they haven't made the system any louder.

Remember seeing Patrick topping and richy Ahmed b2b and jackmaster  one after the other in 2017. Right under the spider was unreal. The sound was quality. 

i still prefer the crane if I’m honest after 2019 appearance was so good that Friday night. 

39 minutes ago, Spencer23 said:

Remember seeing Patrick topping and richy Ahmed b2b and jackmaster  one after the other in 2017. Right under the spider was unreal. The sound was quality. 

i still prefer the crane if I’m honest after 2019 appearance was so good that Friday night. 

The crane was epic. I'm sad we won't see it again, I think I took this in 2019, Carl Cox and whoever he did that b2b with, Jamie Jones?

IMG_1293.JPG

5 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Is it?

Feel like I read on here that Chems will be on around headliner time, which is before SEC starts ramping up in business.

0:00/1:30 start time is what you need if you're trying to get people away from SEC (like Calvin Harris)

Yeah theyre 11-1 so heading over SEC you’d not be getting there till 2, think their peak entry hours are 12-1 post headliners

6 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Hot chip wont be done till 23:45 if you watch them all and arcadia is a bit of a trek from woodsies. Chems would be rammo and nearly over by the time you got there sadly.

Is there solid info Chems are on at that time then? 

If so that’s my imaginary night instantly gone!! 

9 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Pretty sure it'll be techno & prob a bit of progressive house. Best bet, have a look who's on before / after him.