Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Does anyone else get confused with all the different areas and stages or just me?

This will be my 11th Glastonbury and most nights I've gone to naughty corner but not to see anyone specifically, just to find a beat to dance to.

I don't go to clubs anymore so my knowledge of DJ's is limited ...

and this is why you need the best thread on this (and any) website.

1 hour ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Does anyone else get confused with all the different areas and stages or just me?

In this thread might be just you 😉 

On your first / second year, I get that it's quite overwhelming but after 11, I'd assume you're just intentionally ignoring the stages & areas. 😅

Have you ever wandered around the area during the daytime? I tend to make any mates coming for the first time, see they area in the daytime on Wednesday / Thursday, because if you wander in there for the first time on a Friday night, you're gonna have a nightmare of time trying to find your way around.

14 minutes ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

My annual post as a previous hard trance/house fan wanting something a bit hard, euphoric and uplifting but a bit too old to know much of the line up these days 😆. Any tips? VTSS looks good!

SPFDJ will play pretty hard, uplifting techno in The Temple.

Helena Hauff will play good, hard, ravey electro and techno in Silver Hayes.

Sedef Adasï will play Berlin techno +/- electro - again, Silver Hayes.

Altern8 x Shadow Child will play 90's old skool rave (Temple)

And then, as always I'm hoping that there will be the traditional Psytrance night in the Glade Dome (previously Thursday, Sunday last year).

Doubt there'll be much Hard Trance, tho I'd be up for it!

Ben

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

This will be my 11th Glastonbury and most nights I've gone to naughty corner but not to see anyone specifically, just to find a beat to dance to.

I don't go to clubs anymore so my knowledge of DJ's is limited so unless its a DJ who's been around a while, will always try and get to a Carl Cox set if he's around. I think the last DJ I specifically saw was Carl in the back room at Space in 2000.

After a day of drinking a reversing truck in an empty field gets me dancing.

I'm glad most people are finding DJ's that they want to see though and if Carl Cox is going to be here I will see you down the front. 

give us a list of djs you like and people can give recommendations 🙂 

there's a spreadsheet somewhere too

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

SPFDJ will play pretty hard, uplifting techno in The Temple.

Helena Hauff will play good, hard, ravey electro and techno in Silver Hayes.

Sedef Adasï will play Berlin techno +/- electro - again, Silver Hayes.

Altern8 x Shadow Child will play 90's old skool rave (Temple)

And then, as always I'm hoping that there will be the traditional Psytrance night in the Glade Dome (previously Thursday, Sunday last year).

Doubt there'll be much Hard Trance, tho I'd be up for it!

Ben

This is amazing Ben - thanks - it will try and temper some of my aimless wandering that I always end up doing at 2am searching...!

1 hour ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

This is amazing Ben - thanks - it will try and temper some of my aimless wandering that I always end up doing at 2am searching...!

My pleasure 😌

The only caveat is that it is skewed towards stuff that I like!

Hopefully other folk in the thread will point you towards some other options.

Ben

5 hours ago, TiZuff said:

any chance of two shell or overmono this year?!

i discovered overmono on friday and can't get enough of 3 or 4 tracks off their album, so I'm really praying for them to be announced.  looks like it's most likely down to the block9 drop... iicon was where they were last year i believe.  if only i'd known! 

Also, thanks to @bennyhana22 for the SCALPING recco that you made to someone else and i jumped on.  Absolutely loving it and i'm praying for no drastic clash when they're on, as i am really looking forward to seeing them! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Screenshot_20230516-220613.thumb.png.78c6356ff243e3a34cc067e5f7485120.png

Gosh! Seems to me that that represents a pretty significant move to load the daytime programme in Shangri-La with some bigger dance names. 

Be fascinating to see how successful that is in creating a genuine daytime dance crowd in the SEC, drawing people away from what is perhaps a more 'traditional' Glastonbury model of watching bands in the day, with daytime dancing maybe being centred on Beat Hotel/SR or some day parties in Silver Hayes. 

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Gosh! Seems to me that that represents a pretty significant move to load the daytime programme in Shangri-La with some bigger dance names. 

Be fascinating to see how successful that is in creating a genuine daytime dance crowd in the SEC, drawing people away from what is perhaps a more 'traditional' Glastonbury model of watching bands in the day, with daytime dancing maybe being centred on Beat Hotel/SR or some day parties in Silver Hayes. 

Ben

I'm all for it. At the moment, the dance areas are pulling me towards them in the daytime too. No doubt when we get a full breakdown by the end of May there'll be lots more for me on the main stages but at the moment I'll be firmly rooted in the south east corner and Silver Hayes

29 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm all for it. At the moment, the dance areas are pulling me towards them in the daytime too. No doubt when we get a full breakdown by the end of May there'll be lots more for me on the main stages but at the moment I'll be firmly rooted in the south east corner and Silver Hayes

Yeah, agreed. I feel that there's been a definite increase in proper dance fans in the last few years, sufficient to populate more dance areas in the daytime. Love how that continues to diversify the personality of the Farm. 

Ben 

Personally I’ve always seen mostly bands in the day and then headed to SEC in the night time, but with so many decent electronic acts doing daytime takeovers namely hessle takeover and phonica takeover in silver Hayes I can see myself moving away from that fashion and spending lots of time in silver hayes and ofc SEC. 

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, agreed. I feel that there's been a definite increase in proper dance fans in the last few years, sufficient to populate more dance areas in the daytime. Love how that continues to diversify the personality of the Farm. 

Ben 

I completely agree, it’s noticeable with the increase in the sizes of silver hayes and also Arcadia over the years to accommodate for all us dance fans.

In my opinion there is a drop in the quality of live acts this year. Which will help me spend time in some dance areas during the day.

Hoping the Glade & Park bring up a few surprises to tempt me away.

I love Dance music / Electronica, but I dont want it all the time at Glastonbury

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

16 hours ago, TiZuff said:

any chance of two shell or overmono this year?!

Not much space left tbh.

Feel like Two Shell would do well at IICON but always struggle to understand what their plan is. They release stuff secretly through their site then go silent forever, then do 4 shows on the same night across 4 venues in London, then back to radio silence. 

They're playing Wide Awake & also saw them on the Lowlands (NL) Festival lineup, so clearly back around in festival season.

Though with their reputation, seeing them can be strong hit or miss. IF it's even them & IF they're even mixing, not just pressing play on a BenUFO RinseFM mix. They're such massive trolls. I've been lucky to see them before & actually enjoy it, but heard many stories of the opposite nature.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

In my opinion there is a drop in the quality of live acts this year. Which will help me spend time in some dance areas during the day.

Hoping the Glade & Park bring up a few surprises to tempt me away.

I love Dance music / Electronica, but I dont want it all the time at Glastonbury

I'm still pretty resolutely a bands all day, DJs all night person, and have zero worries that I'll have a full daytime schedule Thu-Sun. However, great to see an explosion in daytime dance sets, and nice for me to have them in reserve if I have a band gap!

Ben

17 hours ago, gfa said:

give us a list of djs you like and people can give recommendations 🙂 

there's a spreadsheet somewhere too

I use to like DJ Dougal and Slipmatt, loved doing my paper round listening to my dreamscape tapes.

Also like your standard house music really, but also would go to a jungle night.

I think what I'm trying to say is I like all sorts, that's probably why I don't know the areas because I don't need to look for something, I just wander over there and start dancing to whatever takes my fancy and there will always be something.

1 minute ago, Fred Zepplin said:

I use to like DJ Dougal and Slipmatt, loved doing my paper round listening to my dreamscape tapes.

Also like your standard house music really, but also would go to a jungle night.

I think what I'm trying to say is I like all sorts, that's probably why I don't know the areas because I don't need to look for something, I just wander over there and start dancing to whatever takes my fancy and there will always be something.

Andy Cato, The Shapeshifters could be for you

Ewen McVicar.. I think you might like him too

1 minute ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Hixxy is playing on the Unfairground. That might be one for the Dreamscape massive. Uncle Dugs might drop the odd happy hardcore banger