Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Hi everyone, this is probably a massive longshot but I was wondering if anyone knew anyone who is connected with booking acts in the SE corner or other small dance music stages? I was one of the lucky ones to secure a ticket to the fest this year and am a DJ - I play out pretty regularly and have done some radio, and am actually due to play my first fest this summer!

Like I said, probably a huge longshot but if anyone did happen to have contact details for someone who might be looking to book small acts for any of the micro venues or other dance stages/tents and wouldn't mind passing them on that would be awesome. I can obviously send examples of sets and gigs I've played etc. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

• Like 1

Any reports from 2manydjs last night at Printworks? Wasn't able to make it myself but seen a few clips and looked like a lot of fun!

So, my 16 year old son is really into them and I took him to Pukkelpop in Belgium last year for the first time as I'd promised he could come with me once he got his GCSEs out of the way. Soulwax were due to play but then cancelled all their shows as the band wasn't ready or something? He follows all their socials and, unbeknownst to me, entered a competition on the Deewee Instagram a couple of weeks ago to win a t-shirt that will give access to their 10th party in Gent next Saturday.

Long story short he won so we're now heading over to join in the celebrations! It's invite only and you have to wear the t-shirt - ours arrived a couple of days ago - to get in. Don't know much about the party, other than it's taking place somewhere near the football stadium and is going on all night. The theme is 'Space' and dress up is encouraged! Be very surprised if the brothers aren't there and expect Charlotte and Bolis to make an appearance too. Got a hotel booked within walking distance and trying not to think too much about how rough I'm going to feel on Monday morning when I roll into work!

Edited by Semprini
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gfa said:

our lot want to get in at fucking half 2!!

you staying in a hotel? gonna be a nightmare after with no jubilee

Christ! Very early then, always a chance we might end up going earlier, but I doubt it tbh, especially with me haha, I've said 3 at the earliest, unless there's someone we really wanna see on beforehand.

And nah, staying at my mates place which isn't too far at all, so we should all hopefully *touch wood* manage alright without the Jubilee.

10 hours ago, Semprini said:

Any reports from 2manydjs last night at Printworks?

Tbh If you’ve seen them once you’ve seen every set. Basically just pressing play on the Radio Soulwax CD that came out 20yrs ago

(apologies for the negativity, I got stuck on a boat party with them totally phoning it in not so long ago: one room with no escape for 2hrs, literally just played the album, ended up sitting on the smoking deck for much of it, and I don’t smoke)

Edited by Twiggy553

10 hours ago, stanh said:

Christ! Very early then, always a chance we might end up going earlier, but I doubt it tbh, especially with me haha, I've said 3 at the earliest, unless there's someone we really wanna see on beforehand.

And nah, staying at my mates place which isn't too far at all, so we should all hopefully *touch wood* manage alright without the Jubilee.

yeah hopefully we go to a pub before and delay entry lol

15 hours ago, gfa said:

for real though - they are calling themselves PHM, pangbourne house mafia

not sure what pangbourne house is - sounds like the name of fred's private boarding school or something

I remember that when this content came out, looked like they had that house on the river for a couple days writing tunes. 

Not sure if there is any deeper meaning to the name. (As in, why he booked a house in Pangbourne, they could have booked a nice place anywhere outside London.)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Anyone got tickets for Max Cooper at Printworks on Friday?

Yep, never been printworks and proper buzzing for it, the lineup is exactly the sort of electronic music i love, most excited for sofia courtesis, mall grab and the main man himself. How about you mate any recomendations on the lineup?