Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Is a new Topic called for here. For new people more up to date to get into it maybe rather then wading through lots 

Nah, we're good. It's easy enough to get into and we don't mind repeating anything that might have been covered before. We're a friendly bunch in here. 

9 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Its daunting for me to go through never mind lots of beautiful new people

Honestly, much of the discussion will have been specific to events of that particular year, so it'll be out of date, so to speak. Occasionally there are questions from new posters on which artists to look out for and where to start on a particular genre, and they're quickly answered by one of the nice people from the thread. If I recall correctly @gfa created a handy spreadsheet containing a load of the acts that played in 2022, which genre they were, a brief description of their style and a link to an actual set. No doubt we'll do another one this year when they start releasing some names. 

Just dive in! All are welcome here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Honestly, much of the discussion will have been specific to events of that particular year, so it'll be out of date, so to speak. Occasionally there are questions from new posters on which artists to look out for and where to start on a particular genre, and they're quickly answered by one of the nice people from the thread. If I recall correctly @gfa created a handy spreadsheet containing a load of the acts that played in 2022, which genre they were, a brief description of their style and a link to an actual set. No doubt we'll do another one this year when they start releasing some names. 

That spreadsheet sounds amazing! Not been going out as much since COVID and becoming a Dad, so getting out of touch with new (and / or new to me) acts.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I don't think i made this - but i did see the link the other day will try and find it

13 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

Is a new Topic called for here. For new people more up to date to get into it maybe rather then wading through lots 

Hi Steve, and welcome to the best thread on the internet 😉

As proud as we are of having had the thread alive and thriving for over 8 years, it's really not a source of 'reference'! It's very 'current', pretty much just chatting about what's going on in the dance/electronic scene, who's been out clubbing where etc.

As @Supernintendo Chalmers has said, we do pool thoughts and ideas as we approach each year's Glastonbury, comparing plans for our dance schedules, giving and receiving recommendations, and usually attracting a nice bunch of thread newbies who really benefit from the knowledge of some incredibly well-read dance monkeys in here (not me!). It's also a nice little community who will look out for one another - e.g. meet-ups on the Farm, helping like-minded folk in resales etc.

We are, I am proud to say, totally non-exclusive - literally everyone is welcome in here, so long as they are kind and courteous, even in robust discussion!

So, please do stick around and contribute whenever you would like to! But as for archiving this glorious record of all our discussions...? Not until Neil prises my fingers from my keyboard 😄

Ben 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Adam_B said:

Thank you, do they post on socials when the link goes live?

I’d probably be going on my own, would that be odd? Doesn’t usually bother me but if it’s super intimate and lots are there in groups it could be a bit strange I guess. 

https://djseinfeldinthelabldn.splashthat.com/?fbclid=PAAaaqo4XbmoGX_rF8ydE3U6VQEhUJQYQcrryJrfdT6LSHrDPlgjvu9K4RkZ8

This seems to be the registration this time. And echoing others in here, no definitely not weird going on your own. I got chatting to quite a few people when I went. 

4 minutes ago, gordong said:

https://djseinfeldinthelabldn.splashthat.com/?fbclid=PAAaaqo4XbmoGX_rF8ydE3U6VQEhUJQYQcrryJrfdT6LSHrDPlgjvu9K4RkZ8

This seems to be the registration this time. And echoing others in here, no definitely not weird going on your own. I got chatting to quite a few people when I went. 

I had already signed up - thanks tho. Another question, what time realistically will I need to show up to be let in? 

23 hours ago, gfa said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ef64jsnmwcUxLSEuibH6UOjBTaMdlqW6lBNWzJWG1P4/edit?usp=drivesdk
here it is, was created by @daneasyaround may last year but i think a lot of people contributed (myself included)

This is just amazing 😍 I love dance music, especially at Glastonbury, but knowing who plays what just confuses me (despite being named festival mum and expected to know where everyone should go). Will use this year's sheet as a guide then wander where my ears take me 🎉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FrattonParkStage said:

Absolutly loving Afro House, Amapiano stuff at the moment. This set by SA based DJ Jamiie is 👌 - Would love some of this around sunset at Glade

Yeah, love this. Thanks for sharing, that'll be the soundtrack for this morning.

This has prompted my yearly request for an evening curated by the likes of Anjunadeep or Afterlife. Yotto, ToU, Bohmer, Luttrell, Marsh, Wisternoff, etc. Some deep, hypnotic, melodic techno among the trees would be amazing.

33 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, love this. Thanks for sharing, that'll be the soundtrack for this morning.

This has prompted my yearly request for an evening curated by the likes of Anjunadeep or Afterlife. Yotto, ToU, Bohmer, Luttrell, Marsh, Wisternoff, etc. Some deep, hypnotic, melodic techno among the trees would be amazing.

Ties in well with the William's Green thread and the ongoing issue of 'not having enough on' to satisfy the Thursday night crowd's need for fun. This would be a great set to take you through to 0300h on the Friday (current close time for Thursday night). Sort of a beautifully deep, chilled hors d'oeuvres for the mayhem of Fri-Sun nights. 

Ben

47 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

YES! Been crying out for this the last 4/5 years - Franky Wah dropped a bit of Anjuna last year at Glade and it was delightful, but PLENTY of room for more! 

31 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ties in well with the William's Green thread and the ongoing issue of 'not having enough on' to satisfy the Thursday night crowd's need for fun. This would be a great set to take you through to 0300h on the Friday (current close time for Thursday night). Sort of a beautifully deep, chilled hors d'oeuvres for the mayhem of Fri-Sun nights. 

Ben

The Glade is already rammed on thurs though, not sure this would really help out much as much as it would be nice