Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

On saturday I went to Hidden in Manchester, I would recommend steering clear of this venue to be honest - no matter who the promoters are.

A classic 2017 club venue its a converted mill on the outskirts of the city centre. No proper toilets so long ass queues for portaloos. No urinals. Total building capacity is large but the space on the main dancefloor is comparatively small making it a massive crush. You can dance at the back which is good but its not the same atmosphere. Also attracts a mostly young and aggro crowd.

Was aiming to see midland and Job jobse but barely saw any of either due to the above. Saw Peggy Gou for a bit and she was alright, 7/10.

Avoid hidden. Manchester so desperately needs a competent mid sized venue that is bigger than soup kitchen and smaller than warehouse. This used to be sankeys but for a variety of reasons that just didnt work. Admittedly this night was supposed to be at Mantra Warehouse in Ancoats but had to be moved.

Theres actual toilets on the middle floor.

Went to the Giles Peterson/lone night a couple of weeks back. The middle floor was such a crush for giles peterson that it wasnt even worth it, i spent the whole night in the basement/attic which were a lot better I thought however it was a bunch of resident djs doing them

All the djs i paid to see where on the middle floor and it was shit

Had a great night though and would go again

yeah the basement is fine thats where peggy was on. i just think its a bit of a swizz having people pay to see acts they can't see. I was fortunate to get in for free and be able to go up into the backstage area but if i'd paid in and not had the access i did I would have been furious. the staff were nice and the que to get in was quick it just doesnt work.

On 01/03/2017 at 0:28 PM, Memory Man said:

On saturday I went to Hidden in Manchester, I would recommend steering clear of this venue to be honest - no matter who the promoters are.

A classic 2017 club venue its a converted mill on the outskirts of the city centre. No proper toilets so long ass queues for portaloos. No urinals. Total building capacity is large but the space on the main dancefloor is comparatively small making it a massive crush. You can dance at the back which is good but its not the same atmosphere. Also attracts a mostly young and aggro crowd.

Was aiming to see midland and Job jobse but barely saw any of either due to the above. Saw Peggy Gou for a bit and she was alright, 7/10.

Avoid hidden. Manchester so desperately needs a competent mid sized venue that is bigger than soup kitchen and smaller than warehouse. This used to be sankeys but for a variety of reasons that just didnt work. Admittedly this night was supposed to be at Mantra Warehouse in Ancoats but had to be moved.

Have you been to Antwerp Mansion? That's a fairly decent mid size venue, though admittedly it's grotty as fuck. Albert Hall is putting some decent nights on too. 

39 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Been spending a bit more time with the new Blanck Mass record World Eater. It's bloody good.

He'd be fantastic on the Farm. But where would they put him?

It'd be awful for him to be stuck early evening JPT or something pants like that!

Ben

Been enjoying this as well. Very heavy.

I think he played a tent similar to JP at Green Man, so it's not impossible. But hard to say if they would book him. 

Hell stage possible other option. 

48 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Have you been to Antwerp Mansion? That's a fairly decent mid size venue, though admittedly it's grotty as fuck. Albert Hall is putting some decent nights on too. 

Going tomorrow night for the first time to see My Nu Leng and m8s

Apparently Maisie Williams is seeing one of the 'm8s' and has been following them around on tour

Hopefully I'll get to witness Arya Stark on ket

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Apparently Maisie Williams is seeing one of the 'm8s' and has been following them around on tour

A girl has no name, or face, or depth perception.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if been said but Paul Oakenfold is playing Brighton Friday of Glastonbury so he could make an appearance. Would never even consider it these days but this new tour he's doing (30years celebration) I would definitely go. Back in the day (95-2000) he was very good at what he did.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/paul-oakenfold-unveils-generations-his-look-back-at-30-years-of-dance-music-7840421

Edited by danbailey80

11 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

I too would love to see that. Don't know of anyone who would go there with me though haha

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Unsure if this is that new but it popped up on my release radar playlist on spotify today and its a monster imo (probably not to everyones tastes)

Yeh it's pretty new, heard it last week for the first time and love it 

• Upvote 1

On 02/03/2017 at 9:35 PM, danbailey80 said:

Not sure if been said but Paul Oakenfold is playing Brighton Friday of Glastonbury so he could make an appearance. Would never even consider it these days but this new tour he's doing (30years celebration) I would definitely go. Back in the day (95-2000) he was very good at what he did.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/paul-oakenfold-unveils-generations-his-look-back-at-30-years-of-dance-music-7840421

I would be all over this if he did. Would love a bit of late 90's early 2000's trance on the sonic stage, but it wouldn't pull a crowd at all. Above and Beyond didn't pull much of a crowd in 2014 from memory. 

2 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Anyone been to Printworks yet? Going at the end of March, heard good things about the sound.

Was going to go to the Klockworks night, but the tickets went up to £32 before I had the chance to buy them. That was in less than 18 hours too. Sod that. 

5 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Anyone been to Printworks yet? Going at the end of March, heard good things about the sound.

Child 1 has a couple of mates who went and they did, indeed, report that the sound system was pretty much spot on.

And he sent me a video from Fabric at 0600h this morning. Little shit.

Ben