The best artist(s) to never have played Glastonbury?

ads1980

Didn't Nile Rogers write them all?

Anyway, one can not like her music, but there's no doubting there's a fucking huge bag of hits there and she'd go down a storm.

Incidentally Russy, you're back to your usual grumpy self after I thought I detected a slight mellowing over the summer months, but I owe you a vote of thanks re The Flaming Lips.

Ticket day is approaching, grumpy levels increase by the day with the pressure...

Did you see the lips recently?

Ticket day is approaching, grumpy levels increase by the day with the pressure...

Did you see the lips recently?

yeah, I saw them at End of the Road. was really wary of seeing them, cos I'd sort of lost touch with them since soft bulletin/yoshimi era, but they were fucking great. Absolutely joyful, wonderful and life-affirming.

1. Encore:
  2. Encore 2:
  3. (The Beatles cover)
Edited by Mardy

I'll take excitement over profundity most days of the week.

They're not mutually exclusive though? For example I find some of the lyrics on the new Moz album very exciting even if the music isn't balls out, 90mph in the fast lane stuff. Equally, I find a lot of "exciting" music (like Madonna) quite boring.

Agree though. Madge would pack them in. I'd probably be elsewhere but she would be a great headliner.

yeah, I saw them at End of the Road. was really wary of seeing them, cos I'd sort of lost touch with them since soft bulletin/yoshimi era, but they were fucking great. Absolutely joyful, wonderful and life-affirming.

1. Encore:
  2. Encore 2:
  3. (The Beatles cover)

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, they are on tremendous form at the moment. That's a real crowd pleasing set list.

Did you get the extended guitar solo on feeling yourself disintegrate? And what a start abandoned hospital ship is!

Only one song from the last 2 albums too...interesting.

Goddam I wish I'd gone, that's a great little festival.

Kanye West!

Don't think The Twilight Sad have ever done it. Anybody know if Robyn has performed before?

They bloody put her on at the same time as bloody Beyonce. Many of us faced the hard choice of have a massive party show to average music, or go see Robyn. I don't regret my decision to see Beyonce, as much as I dislike her she owned it. But I was gutted to miss Robyn.

Not so much when the one of the ~18 of us who saw her and The Streets said she had massive sound problems and threw an absolute shit fit at the sound guys.

I was reading about Madonna a while ago, I *think* she co-writes most of it (she does the lyrics and works in collaboration on the melody, if I recall correctly). That might have just been with regards to a particular collaborator/time period, though.

I don’t think her songs are particularly lacking in depth, as far as pop songs go, they’re just fucking great. I’ll confess that I don’t have any of the albums, but in terms of hits she’s one of my favourite pop stars ever.

• 1 month later...

The twilight sad should get a slot next year..awesome live when caught them few years back supporting fellow scots mogwai....I'm sure they just released their 4th album so plenty of material to unleash, really hope they get a chance..

Also my morning jacket would be great at glasto, they play many big festivals like bonaroo & coachella etc.

Edited by PhoenixNights2014