Stage and day splits?

Guest teamcampesinos!

The Melodic weren't listed in the day/ stage splits. Thought they might be a Thursday band but saw an EOTR reply to someone on Facebook or Twitter confirming they'd cancelled

I had asked about the Melodic, response was as follows, so maybe all hope not lost... The Melodic, I am afraid, are now unlikely due to a change in their schedule, which is why they are not on the day splits. Ezra Parade is a lovely album, long overdue, from a band that can really deliver live. A real shame.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had asked about the Melodic, response was as follows, so maybe all hope not lost... The Melodic, I am afraid, are now unlikely due to a change in their schedule, which is why they are not on the day splits. Ezra Parade is a lovely album, long overdue, from a band that can really deliver live. A real shame.

I could have sworn they've since been added to the day splits. First on in the Big Top on Sunday?

not happy with all these cancellations. Not so much the fact that they can't play, just the way they're quietly dropped from the bill and we have to play spot the difference with the latest version of the poster.

Just forget the pre-midday slot and push everyone on Sunday Big Top up one on Sunday, surely? The Felices could easly sort-of-headline a stage like that, and I presume they'd just leave Ballet School's slot blank. Then, yeah, get YLT to do a Freewheeling (or similar) set in the late slot. I assume Wye Oak are being replaced, surely there's no end of potential bands around - ArcTanGent is the same weekend and distance-wise not that far away and their Saturday bill includes I Like Trains, Tall Ships, God Is An Astronaut...

EOTR official:

"We see no value in announcing any cancellations until such time as all final tier tickets are sold out"

If this is right it's pretty bad for those yet to buy tickets, who won't be getting all the acts they think they are. I know it's not great for those already with tickets either, but it's just a fact of life for festivals to deal with this kind of thing and, actually, many of us bought tickets before any acts were announced, so we can't complain too much. I would have thought clear communication was a basic requirement from any service organisation these days though.

Another example of how EOTR has lost its specialness in my opinion. They always gave the feeling they really cared but no longer sadly.

Lazy booking policy, poor communication , not seeming to care has certainly taken the gloss of the festival for me. Is it a coincidence that Sophia is no longer so closely involved I wonder ?

Tiny Ruins is a MUST second album Brightly Painted is wonderful. Hollie now has a drummer and bassist with her.

I remember bands pulling out before and nothing was said. If a few people on here are upset, most of the people going these days don't even know who is playing anyway.

Conversation with a workmate recently

Me "How was the festival?"

Her "Awesome"

Me "So what were your highlights and who did you see?""

Her "Oh I don't know, it was just such great fun, can't remember the names of the bands!"

3 weeks to go folks

EOTR always used to have five or six pullouts a year - pretty much goes with the territory of booking so many non-British acts. I imagine they'll confirm everything when the stage times are announced, which on previous years will be in the next week or so. (And they seem to be one of the few festivals of this size that do still properly announce stage times in advance)

been lucky enough to catch him three times, just getting better and better. and a really nice lad.

Woody! I thought I'd resolved to bloody well see Slint. Now you've just reignited my indecision!

Ben

x

PS - in no way was this a GM-related post. No way. No Sir-ee. Oh no. Not from me, guv'nor.

Edited by bennyhana22