Stage and day splits?

Guest teamcampesinos!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Benjamin Booker album is first listen on NPR, recommended. Old Hearts in particular is a killer tune. Shall be checking him out in the Big Top.

http://www.npr.org/2014/08/10/337769856/first-listen-benjamin-booker-benjamin-booker?autoplay=true

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/14/benjamin-booker-review-blues-rock

hear him first time a week or so ago (Lammo?) and loved it from the off. could just be one of those EOTR perfect picks. really love the slack guitars, touch of Clash.

Dear EOTR and Mr. Clashfinder. Is there any chance that you could please find a way to ensure that I don't have to choose between Israel Nash followed by Temples versus just British Sea Power (on the Garden Stage!)? Thanks in advance. Now work your magic.

Edited by paulwa

The changes from the current clashfinder, as far as I can quickly tell:

Black Lips and Unknown Mortal Orchestra swap places - Black Lips now fourth on Friday Woods, UMO second headlining Saturday Big Top

Nick Waterhouse and Bird Courage swap places opening Woods on Friday and Saturday

Daniel Rossen replaces Juana Molina (Sunday Garden) - late Sunday Big Top seems to have been axed

The Wytches moved to Friday Big Top between Drenge and Rosie Lowe, The Ghost Of A Sabre Tooth Tiger take their Saturday Big Top place

Marissa Nadler added before DTB on Saturday Tipi, preceded by Samantha Crain (then the same from Sam Lee down - and surely that stage won't start as late at 2.30?); Andrew Combs takes Crain's Sunday Tipi slot, Andy Shaulf has disappeared

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Having just got back from Green Man, this years schedule is looking rather sparse in comparison.

Also back from Green Man, and having just reviewed the updated Clashfinder for EOTR, can't agree with you on this. After a fair bit of listening, I'm pretty happy with the depth of the EOTR line-up and that it is maybe more slanted to my tastes than GM. Also helps to have 4 rather than 3 main music stages. Greatly enjoyed GM, and am now really looking forward to EOTR.

On the current Clashfinder, a number of clashes for me, but mostly involving people I've seen before, so will be going to see those who are new to me. If I could wish for one current clash to turn out not to be so, it would be Richard Thompson and Pink Mountaintops.

Here's the clashfinder update - http:///s/endoftheroad2014/

All fits in fairly nicely, bar the inconceivably high number of acts on Friday and Sunday's Garden Stage compared to previous years? Anyone know what's going on there?

Shame the timings don't come sooner - could really do with some accurate clashfinding!

Great work again Campy. In the interests of pedantry can I point out that you have Samantha Crain on twice? Her Sun Tipi slot is now occupied by Andrew Combs.

sorry for the multiple unanswered posting effort, but it might be obvious that i have a good bottle and am in the midst of 'research'.

right now i'm discovering Traams, a cracking set of lads (on FatCat as are Mazes) who have put this up:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1OqX14ks68

Yep, love that Traams album. Head Roll is probably the song I'm looking forward to hearing most at the whole festival. Very reminiscent of the Pale Saints.

Great work again Campy. In the interests of pedantry can I point out that you have Samantha Crain on twice? Her Sun Tipi slot is now occupied by Andrew Combs.

Thanks for pointing that out, I will sort it when I'm next at a computer. :) As a side note, does anyone know where I could find the comedy stage timings for previous years? That would be extremely useful on the clashfinder.

Looks like you can't post to the EOTR facebook page anymore. There had been quite a few people posting to it, expressing disappointment about the cancellations and lack of communication. I guess that’s one way to deal with the disgruntled, block them out. I’ve noticed they have also deleted a few FB comments on a couple of occasions too. It’s quite sad that they feel the need to do this really.

Looks like you can't post to the EOTR facebook page anymore. There had been quite a few people posting to it, expressing disappointment about the cancellations and lack of communication. I guess that’s one way to deal with the disgruntled, block them out. I’ve noticed they have also deleted a few FB comments on a couple of occasions too. It’s quite sad that they feel the need to do this really.

Yes, noticed that too: anything that doesn't fit the "we are all super-happy and everything is wonderful and don't ask questions" ethos is verboten. I heard only the other day from a reliable source that Simon Taffe had acquired a controlling interest in all Dorset and Salisbury weather bureaus.