Stage and day splits?

Guest teamcampesinos!

Looks like there are plenty of kids to replace us old chaps who may not return, so I doubt they're worried.

Has anyone listened to the Israel Nash album? He's brand new to me, first listen today, what an absolute gem! He's gone right onto the must-see list.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Houndstooth were on the original bill, but they seem to have disappeared from the latest lineup. Got a feeling that the same happened last year, so not only repeat bookings but even repeat cancellations.

I'm sure Houndstooth were on the original bill, but they seem to have disappeared from the latest lineup. Got a feeling that the same happened last year, so not only repeat bookings but even repeat cancellations.

It was HoundMOUTH who pulled out last year.

I remember Papercuts pulling out two years in a row back in the day.

Remember when The Horrors were announced and everyone was like, "The Horrors!?! At EOTR!?! You're havin' a laugh!"? And then they dropped out on the day and a million people turned up to try and see Fleet Foxes?

Yeah, well, I don't know where I'm going with this...wonder if The Horrors will honour their booking this time?

I managed to get near the front for that Fleet Foxes set at The Garden Stage a few years back. I really didn't know much about them at the time, and I was probably only there because of The Horrors cancellation, but it was one of the most spell-binding magical gigs I've ever seen. Certainly an EOTR highlight from across the years. Anyone else have any stand out special moments or even predictions as to what might become "special" from the 2014 lineup?

I'd also like to offer the early morning tipi tent "supergroup" (mainly Young Republic and British Sea Power) renditions of Jonathan Richman songs as another all-time top moment, though I was very very drunk. I think this was in 2008 and I do remember someone accusing me of being a policeman, because I'm tall and was being quiet (concentrating on remaining vertical).

Edited by paulwa

Loved that Fleet Foxes set, despite being only a partial fan beforehand. Although the most memorable bits weren't the music itself. It was the highly middle-class heckling of Robin Pecknold to take the tea-bag out of his cup for fear of "stewed tea", also the mass singalong to Talk Talk's "It's My Life" beforehand.

A previous special moment was definitely that Bon Iver set. And I know it wasn't to everyone's cup of tea, but Joanna Newsome's set was spellbinding to those who wanted to be there. Difficult to see where something like that will come from this year, but it's the unexpected that usually becomes the most memorable.

Yes it was really small. Sherwater are the thing I remember about the local. And that they were fantastic.

That must have been first year of The Local stage. They gave them a bigger tent the year after I think. Was it 2010 when Cocker and Hawley played a cracking DJ set in the Local after the bands had finished?

If you've never seen David Thomas Broughton before it might well be one of the great hours of your life, as it was for me at the Boat Stage at No Direction Home.

I'm a little concerned that the line is a bit lacking in weirdness/variety, but looking forward to catching a good 30 new artists again, and happy if the food and beer is as good as always.

Remember when The Horrors were announced and everyone was like, "The Horrors!?! At EOTR!?! You're havin' a laugh!"? And then they dropped out on the day and a million people turned up to try and see Fleet Foxes?

Yeah, well, I don't know where I'm going with this...wonder if The Horrors will honour their booking this time?

They've just cancelled their entire North American and European tours for the autumn so I shouldn't hold your breath. Saw them at Field Day a few weeks ago and thought they were dull dull dull.