Stage and day splits?

Guest teamcampesinos!

But I will be watching GOASTT instead (or Flaming Lips if pushed). Saturday at Green Man... Mercury Rev, Neko Case, ahem.

Both Mercury Rev and Neko Case has played EOTR so though I agree that Green Man hav a great line up I'm happy at EOTR. Plus EOTR is only half an hour from my house and my kids love it their. Wherever we go will b gr8 but kinda agree that Green Man should b talked about in a Green Man forum

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem back atcha, I think you'll find that the cognoscenti will be watching the legendary Slint just around then!

Ben

Never heard of them. Have they ever been name-checked by Miley Cyrus? Ha! thought not :-)

All I've ever said is that:

a. Both festivals are great

b. I don't buy the "repeat artist" argument because there are as many "EOTR repeat artists" at Green Man as there are at EOTR this year. We even have some former Green Man artists at EOTR (e.g. Flaming Lips), so I'm sure there will always be a good amount of cross-fertilisation - and probably good for it.

c. This is a forum for debate chiefly about the EOTR lineup. If you want to feel smug about Green Man, surely there is a better place to do that. It is an eFestivals forum, but it happens to say "End of the Road" at the top of my page, not "Green Man".

Enjoy your festival and don't forget your waterproofs.

Edited by paulwa

Any idea who they might bring in to replace the bands that have cancelled?

No replacements I'm afraid. I got confirmation on Twitter. They said that they were actually over-booked and as sad as it is that certain bands have pulled out, it actually makes the scheduling a little easier.

Never heard of them. Have they ever been name-checked by Miley Cyrus? Ha! thought not :-)

All I've ever said is that:

a. Both festivals are great

b. I don't buy the "repeat artist" argument because there are as many "EOTR repeat artists" at Green Man as there are at EOTR this year. We even have some former Green Man artists at EOTR (e.g. Flaming Lips), so I'm sure there will always be a good amount of cross-fertilisation - and probably good for it.

c. This is a forum for debate chiefly about the EOTR lineup. If you want to feel smug about Green Man, surely there is a better place to do that. It is an eFestivals forum, but it happens to say "End of the Road" at the top of my page, not "Green Man".

Enjoy your festival and don't forget your waterproofs.

If you really have not heard of slint. I suggest you get hold of spiderland. Just incredible

If you really have not heard of slint. I suggest you get hold of spiderland. Just incredible

I will, thanks for the recommendation. And in the spirit of brotherly bonding, don't miss Bill Callahan. That is one artist I wish was at EOTR. Dream River is a great album. Country, folk, blues, psychedelic moments, it has the lot.

Still a fair bit of time to change my mind on this, but my current EOTR top 10 is :

British Sea Power

Deer Tick

Horse Thief

Israel Nash

Jenny Lewis

Richard Thompson

Robert Ellis

The Gene Clark No Other Band

The Ghost of the Sabre Tooth Tiger

Traams

I've omitted overlaps from the festival that I'm not allowed to mention on this thread, but my top 5 overlaps which I've got 2 shots at seeing this month are :

Adult Jazz

All We Are

Samantha Crain

The Rails

Zachary Cale

British Sea Power

Israel Nash

Temples

St. Vincent

Cate Le Bon

Archie Bronson Outfit

GOASTT

Black Lips

Woods

White Denim

Traams, Woods and Mazes also sound interesting. Looking forward to checking them out. It also has to be said that "just chillin' in the afternoon with a beer in front of the Garden Stage" is also one of the star attractions, whoever's on.

Just to say, I do enjoy this forum, all the more because of it's lack of official seal of approval. Nothing wrong with a bit of EoTR v GM banter either, especially as EoTR has outclassed GM every year since it's inception, this year excepted ;). But thanks to the members of this forum, I've discovered some really interesting up and coming acts playing EoTR this year, which will hopefully make up for some of the repeat headliners. Cheers guys.

Im going to both. I like both equally....

HOWEVER........i would assume, whilst there is no 'official' EOTR place, that here is the best there is, forum wise. I come here for EOTR chat. GM chat is betterer elsewhere........

Mind you, i think the EOTR line up is bloody ace. I think im in the minority.....

I haven't seen any confirmation about Kozelek cancelling. I asked EOTR specifically about Wye Oak and Ballet School. I'll be gutted if Mark has cancelled as well but I have yet to see any confirmation that he has.

Sorry Shoebox, but it's true. Got a reply from eotr on twitter confirming it. They mentioned to another query that the late slot after both main stages finished was created for him, and that any replacement would have to be similarly solo acoustic. 50:50 that they'd get a replacement, they said....

We've been told that the Yo La Tengo Freewheeling show is on same day as their main set and no longer on the comedy stage. Predominantly acoustic?

I can't see them playing some of the options on the wheel, like the soundtrack stuff acoustically. Just pray the wheel doesn't fall on Dump.

Saw them do it at RFH and it was a Condo Fucks set, which was great.

Edited by dirtycash