Acid_Haze

I see Madge has been causing a stir with some Instagram posts in favour of another controversial old hag (Mrs Thatcher) that have seen been most wisely deleted after torrents of much deserved abuse

Not entirely relevant as she isn't going to grace the pyramid with her bewildering eccentrics this year

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

The only stage i think is better sound than the pryamid is the main stage at Bestival, just an opinion. bu Metallica were so loud last year, was epic. Loudest ive heard at a gig. even the sound check was booming!

I was walking down from Gate B as they started soundchecking I was speechless when the first guitar started... it was crazy loud, I've never heard it that loud at glastonbury for any act

I get why bands play most of the material from latest album on a regular tour. Makes sense - promotes it and, for their real fans, it's normally good to hear something new.

It's got to be different headlining a festival though. I'd bet that 50+% of fans watching a Pyramid headline set don't have more than one album by the headliners. The famous singles and tracks from standout albums are always going to go down best and I sort of think that most bands will appreciate this.

Not saying that I would hate Blur playing new stuff personally - I've seen them half a dozen times in the past - but I think they'd play a greatest hits set with 4-5 from the new record rather than 9-10.

I've been away from the thread for a week and can't be arsed trawling through 40 odd pages.

What is the soup of the day today? I see we've given up on Prince. Is it still Blur?

I repeat what I said some time ago - It's going to be Sting isn't it?

I get why bands play most of the material from latest album on a regular tour. Makes sense - promotes it and, for their real fans, it's normally good to hear something new.

It's got to be different headlining a festival though. I'd bet that 50+% of fans watching a Pyramid headline set don't have more than one album by the headliners. The famous singles and tracks from standout albums are always going to go down best and I sort of think that most bands will appreciate this.

Not saying that I would hate Blur playing new stuff personally - I've seen them half a dozen times in the past - but I think they'd play a greatest hits set with 4-5 from the new record rather than 9-10.

Try telling that to Biffy Clyro

"Hey Leeds, it's great to be here. We're going to play a lot of songs from our new album, which is out in two weeks time"

Arseholes.

Probably nothing to this but...Ed Sheeran just got announced for a stadium tour in Australia and this news article from the biggest news site in Australia said this:

This is shaping up to be one very busy year for Sheeran, who has been named the most streamed artist in the world by Spotify.

He is set to travel around the world promoting his bestselling album x, with more than 170 shows, including at the Glastonbury Festival and New York's Madison Square, on the schedule.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/ed-sheeran-announces-second-australia-tour-in-2015-20150421-1mpzfa.html#ixzz3XvsfG3nB

Edited by 01seb

Probably nothing to this but...Ed Sheeran just got announced for a stadium tour in Australia and this news article from the biggest news site in Australia said this:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/ed-sheeran-announces-second-australia-tour-in-2015-20150421-1mpzfa.html#ixzz3XvsfG3nB

his set at Glastonbury last year was promoting the album wasn't it? so they probably just mean that. or they're stupid. he won't be there

Mick Fleetwood's outright denial of them playing would be a pretty devious move if this is the case (and i believe Neil said that Eavis had told him quite recently that it wasn't them). plus there's the three nights on the trot thing

Why would Mick Fleetwood's outright denial be a devious move, but Dave Rowntree's would be just because they could announce it yet/didn't know..? They're not that different, they're both quite unambiguous and strong words. I think we're reading too much into all this and neither are playing.

Edited by feline

Has Paul McCartney been ruled out? Free on the Sunday, has extra date at the O2 to sell out?

He's a European festival exclusive at Roskilde, which going on the third act can't be announced for contractual reasons, would mean he's out, as Roskilde is after GF

Any big band with shows announced around Glastonbury will know that they are going to be rumoured to be headlining.

Until they can contractually announce anything, their stock default answer has to be no - we're not playing. Anything other than a denial is as good as a confirmation.