Foo Fighters

Brave Sir Robin

Edit: They are much better live than on record, though. I can never listen to a Foos album, and didn't think much of the new song (granted, only listened once in a noisy cafe), but thought they were great at Leeds fest in 2012.

Yeah I am the same, I don't think i've ever really listened to a whole album of theirs in one go!

But live they are class!

They were pretty boring at Reading '12. Least good of the headliners, anyway.

That was show was ace!!! They were better than Kasabian and it would be hard for any band to match The Cure at Reading that year!

That was show was ace!!! They were better than Kasabian and it would be hard for any band to match The Cure at Reading that year!

Funny because I found The Cure pretty dull and went and watched two bands before coming back to the end of their set and a depleted crowd.

I found Kasabian nothing special, good mainstream indie rock.

However Foo Fighters sent shivers down my sine they were that good, awesome proper rock. Belter of a set.

Funny because I found The Cure pretty dull and went and watched two bands before coming back to the end of their set and a depleted crowd.

It is true, many left the cure for the shite on offer elsewhere but those of us who stayed experienced something totally magical and transfixing. (My mate was one of those weirdos who wern't transfixed for 2 hours of sold gold.)

he's (Taylor Hawkins) not particularly special, is he?

Really?!

He's a tremendous drummer. I can't begin to tell you (as a shit drummer myself) how hard a lot of those rhythms are.

But hey ho, each to their own I guess!

I've had some phenomenal days/nights out to the Foo Fighters.

Already confirmed to be in Europe June.

I'm now starting to think this could actually be happening.

If they're doing the mooted Wembley shows then I reckon it's unlikely. Unlikely, but not impossible.

The only act I can think of who's done festie shows alongside Wembley shows in recent years is Green Day - but where the festie shows were for the same promoter.

If they're doing the mooted Wembley shows then I reckon it's unlikely. Unlikely, but not impossible.

The only act I can think of who's done festie shows alongside Wembley shows in recent years is Green Day - but where the festie shows were for the same promoter.

Does what happened with Arcade Fire (2x Earls Court shows and 1x Hyde Park show) suggest Glastonbury are more open to this idea now?

Does what happened with Arcade Fire (2x Earls Court shows and 1x Hyde Park show) suggest Glastonbury are more open to this idea now?

Glastonbury don't care about their headliners doing other shows. I knew this anyway, tho Emily also made it clear to me around Jay-Z the year he headlined, where she told me about a call she'd had from his management asking if it was OK if he booked in other shows, and she told them "go ahead, we don't care".

It's the promoters of those other shows who do care. They'll have committed to paying the act a particular amount, which is only financially viable if they can sell the number of tickets they've worked their offer on - and other shows can impact onto them being able to sell those tickets. This is why there's often clauses which restrict the other competing shows that act is able to do.

Of course, clauses like that are the result of an agreement between the act and the promoter, but it normally works with the biggest acts with the act wanting the greatest amount of money for the least possible work, and the promoter wanting to be taking on the least risk of losing money - and so an exclusivity agreement works for both sides.

Glastonbury don't care about their headliners doing other shows. I knew this anyway, tho Emily also made it clear to me around Jay-Z the year he headlined, where she told me about a call she'd had from his management asking if it was OK if he booked in other shows, and she told them "go ahead, we don't care".

It's the promoters of those other shows who do care. They'll have committed to paying the act a particular amount, which is only financially viable if they can sell the number of tickets they've worked their offer on - and other shows can impact onto them being able to sell those tickets. This is why there's often clauses which restrict the other competing shows that act is able to do.

Of course, clauses like that are the result of an agreement between the act and the promoter, but it normally works with the biggest acts with the act wanting the greatest amount of money for the least possible work, and the promoter wanting to be taking on the least risk of losing money - and so an exclusivity agreement works for both sides.

I hear they have no big promoter on board - hence the chance of CrowdFunded dates on their live trours.