Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2016 at 9:54 PM, Hugh Jass said:

As an aside I'm already wondering if I can fit "I drink and I know things" on to a flag. 

:lol: I had similar thoughts.

Agreed, that was some episode!!! 

Glad Jon Snow coming back had some suspense, I did really think that might be it for him after they all left the room or something crap like his mind would be in Ghost.

Valar Morghulis will come to fruition for the Iron Born I think! 

Ramsay really is a total maniac, I  hope Jon Snow gives him what for now!!

8 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

They need to keep Ramsey alive. He is too brilliant of a character to cast off. The show needs someone like him who is pure evil and completely batshit crazy

Is he though? He's just a mad dog and there's really only so many things the show can do with that, especially now that they seem to be focusing on him so much as the major villain of the show. (Tbf, feeling quite smug that I called it that Roose legitimising Ramsay would come back to bite him)

I always thought Littlefinger was one of the show's best villains and I really hope they don't sideline him now. 

39 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Is he though? He's just a mad dog and there's really only so many things the show can do with that, especially now that they seem to be focusing on him so much as the major villain of the show. (Tbf, feeling quite smug that I called it that Roose legitimising Ramsay would come back to bite him)

I always thought Littlefinger was one of the show's best villains and I really hope they don't sideline him now. 

Or Roose himself for that matter. Cold, calculating, all business, even (especially) when doing the most awful things. Ramsey, and Joffrey before him, can become a bit one note. What outrageous thing are they going to do this week? 

18 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Or Roose himself for that matter. Cold, calculating, all business, even (especially) when doing the most awful things. 

Yeah, I'll miss Roose. The thing that made him a great character was that you got the impression that he'd actually be a very effective, albeit incredibly ruthless, warden of the north. He was cold and cruel but also a very capable administrator. Whereas it's now only a matter of time before the north rallies against Ramsay.

41 minutes ago, Spindles said:

All is quiet on the Littlefinger front at the moment.  I'm hoping we get some insight into what he's up to pretty soon.

It'd be weird if he never comes fully into play again, there's an argument to be made that pretty much everything that's happened in the show has been the result of the behind the scenes power struggle between him and Varys.

Agree with what's being said here. Ramsey's good but he's becoming a one note cartoon villain. He works well doing his thing under someone else's supervision but I'm not sure he has the depth to carry it on his own.

I assume Littlefinger is laying low somewhere in case someone pieces his role in pretty much everything bad that's happened in Westeros together. That or he's busy having elocution lessons to fix his weird accent. 

Very much a scene setting episode tonight, manoeuvring the key players into position for later.

Jon will end up heading off to Winterfell to take on Ramsey, with the added edge of Rickon being there  (anyone else hoping Ramsey goes full Reek on him?)

Cersei and Jamie are seeing their power and influence greatly reduced. They'll do something drastic soon either as an act of vengeance or to reclaim their position. 

Branns's visions are setting up a revelation so obvious Tim Peake can see it from where he is.

Dany is another place she'll need rescuing from.

Arya has been doing the same boring shit for what feels like forever.

Tyrion's just being Tyrion.

All shaping up nicely.

While I don't "get" how Arya's story fits in I'm working on the basis that it will all be revealed eventually. I can't think of too many wasted storylines so far

15 minutes ago, bunique said:

While I don't "get" how Arya's story fits in I'm working on the basis that it will all be revealed eventually. I can't think of too many wasted storylines so far

If I have to hear "a girl has no name" one more time I'm putting my foot through the telly.

The Arya stuff is very frustrating - was done so much better in the books (I.e. more going on) and the TV version has dragged it out so much!

Glad they didn't over do Jon's return - not completely changed, but not quite himself.  The gallows set up seemed over-complicated though!!