Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

Charles Dance opening scene, where he was skinning the stag was one of the best character intros I've ever seen.  His role was beyond doubt one of the strongest in the series.

I look forward to seeing where the high sparrow is heading.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I for one dont have a desire to see him dead (he is a brilliant watch for one; and very much not yet exposed as nearly as evil as some of the characters we have met in GOT thus far IMO), but I was for sure hoping it would all kick off last night between Mace & Jamie's gang and the Faith Militant. A brain washed Tommen and Margaery was a major anti climax. 

I don't believe for a second Margaery has been brainwashed.. She realised what was needed to get her and her brother to safety. 

So do we think that Emile Clark has a clause in her contract about having so many episode endings in one season.

Her Westeroes facebook page must be annoying. Look here I am on a dragon, Here I am walking out of Fire, here I am being carried by slaves while they all call me Mum

On this weeks the chap that rescued Bran. Did he actually light the fireball thing on Brans sledge. Watched it twice and it seemed to be that way

Was good to see the return of Benjen - amazed they still had the same actor from S1 Ep1.

Was a bit disappointed with the Arya storyline - other than a bit of fighting and some poison training, not sure what else she got out of being with the Faceless men.  Was just a let down and given the last 1 and a half seasons were her doing it, it seems a waste.

I like how Dany said she needed a thousand ships to get everyone to Westeros.....the same number that Euron is building.  (Saw a great meme the other day - had Euron beside a half built ship shouting "Only another 999.5 to go!!"

Ignore that, I couldn't delete an old post I'd accidentally quoted without posting it. 

One of this season's directors has suggested there are only 7 episodes next season - and rumour elsewhere there's only 13 in season 7&8 combined 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Well surely the highlight is that HE is back! 

Plus I agree Lady Mormont was fantastic.

I've no idea what scene the week filming was either....

Yeah, his return (while we all knew it would come) was a welcome sight.  Shame that the Septun got killed, he had potential to be a good character.

I liked the Blackfish, even if that whole section was a bit dull, he had some spark about him.  

It was all a bit meh this week apart The Great return of he who shall not be named quite yet and Lady Mormont..

Also erm Arya should surely have died from that wee stabbing to the stomach and then fall into the river? (Also how did she get caught out, when she knows exactly what the Faceless Men (woman) are about...)

12 hours ago, LondonTom said:

It was all a bit meh this week apart The Great return of he who shall not be named quite yet and Lady Mormont..

Also erm Arya should surely have died from that wee stabbing to the stomach and then fall into the river? (Also how did she get caught out, when she knows exactly what the Faceless Men (woman) are about...)

Poor writing I think. Cogman is the pits. The Waif has no business being as vindictive.

The Arya scene was just to over dramatise the confrontation she had to have and give the audience a WTF moment. There's no way she is dying yet, but they very much wanted you to think it. And it worked for a split second, but as soon as she hit the river you know she will survive irrespective of the stabbing and fall you just witnessed.

She will most likely bump into a friendly face we have not seen for a bit. If she is to die at some point it will not be before she has had a chance to tie back into the main narrative one thinks

As for Mormont? I was not impressed. Found it slightly cringe worthy if anything. Just was not convinced personally 

Great to see the Hounds return. Russy will be over the moon

Edited by ThomThomDrum

56 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

The Arya scene was just to over dramatise the confrontation she had to have and give the audience a WTF moment. There's no way she is dying yet, but they very much wanted you to think it. And it worked for a split second, but as soon as she hit the river you know she will survive irrespective of the stabbing and fall you just witnessed.

She will most likely bump into a friendly face we have not seen for a bit. If she is to die at some point it will not be before she has had a chance to tie back into the main narrative one thinks

The whole Arya plotline has rivalled Daenerys for tyre-kicking wastefulness. Now she gets stabbed in the abdomen multiple times including a rather tasty knife-twist and subsequently just wanders down the street looking forelorn at worst... :mellow::thumbsd:

Poor storytelling.

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

As for Mormont? I was not impressed. Found it slightly cringe worthy if anything. Just was not convinced personally 

Great to see the Hounds return. Russy will be over the moon

Yep! I'm not a fan of the whole coming back from the dead (or presumed dead) storytelling, but I'll make an exception for the hound!

And I am also curious why the waif hates ayra so much. Is it envy about her stark background?

Agreed about mormont, I cannot bear precocious kids like that.

I might be in the minority but I liked Lady Mormont, she was taking none of that shit. 

Arya's been overly transparent about her plans to leave, walking around in broad daylight, throwing money around, almost like she wanted to be found. I've got a feeling things aren't what they seem...

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I might be in the minority but I liked Lady Mormont, she was taking none of that shit. 

Arya's been overly transparent about her plans to leave, walking around in broad daylight, throwing money around, almost like she wanted to be found. I've got a feeling things aren't what they seem...

judging by other websites I've read about last nights episode, it's us miserable sods that are in the minority. She is almost universally praised elsewhere!