Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the Dornish part was setting up the fact that the people are behind Mrs Oberyn (sorry, forgot her name!) so will follow her in rising up against the Lannisters.  

Davos is great! We rewatched the last two episodes of series 5 and forgot about the burning of the princess. He is going to go apeshit on the red woman when he finds out (I hope). 

The one thing that did annoy me was how quickly the Khal who captured Danaerys got from the rolling green hills of N Ireland to the desert :lol:

3 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Can't believe the massive bodyguard went down like a bitch though

my friend who reads the books had told me how badass this guy was and how great he was gonna be when they finally implement him, and then bam, goes down like a sack of shit like it was nothing, after having contributed absolutely nothing

On 26/04/2016 at 11:02 AM, ThomThomDrum said:

That was one hell of a fantasy ruiner right there! 

But take the necklace off, and you get the Thursday OAP discount in B&Q. Winner all round.

On 08/03/2016 at 8:20 AM, t8yman said:

that was ace. Cersei is gonna be a fucking animal I reckon.

we should start a dead pool. we are past the books now right? so no one has spoiler knowledge?

my money is on anyone the Lannisters don't like.

I've not read the books yet, but I have read an article about how the future books and the series will continue to differ, so it is a case of betting now I reckon.

I think we're going to see a lot of major character deaths this season.

Tommen, probably something to do with him trying to use force to get Margaery back.
Cersei, we have the prophecy, her children will die, then so will she, at the hands of the ''valonqar'', which means little brother, my money is on Jaime as he was the later born twin.
Melisandre, probably in order to resurrect Jon Snow.
Roose Bolton, Ramsay might go a little crazy when he thinks he might not be able to inherit anything and kill both Roose and Walda so he is heir to the Dreadfort.
Jorah, either giving his life for Daenerys or Daario finds out he has greyscale and he kills him to protect Daenerys.

Then a lot of less important characters like Pycelle, Kevan Lannister.

11 minutes ago, bunique said:

Couldn't "little brother" be Tyrion? I certainly wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity to chop her head off. 

Too obvious I think, plus he is in Meereen, with seemingly no way of getting back and even if he did how he would get to Cersei undetected I can't imagine, Jamie killing her would be such a shock to the audience, which is definitely what history can tell us to expect.

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

One of the best episodes ever for me just on the basis of how much they managed to squeeze in.  Ramsay's bits were all excellent, can't wait to see how his story progresses now.

I can only really see him dying imminently now, no strategy, literally just a mad dog... probably when Jon comes north to reclaim winter fell...

21 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

I can only really see him dying imminently now, no strategy, literally just a mad dog... probably when Jon comes north to reclaim winter fell...

We've already seen a battle between the Boltons and what appears to be a Wildling army and Jon Snow, so presumably the remaining loyal Nights Watch Men too. So at the very least Ramsey will lose everything and go off into hiding defeated. Hopefully captured by the Iron Born and killed by Theon. Would bring this redemption storyline he has started full circle.

2 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Well, when you put it like that.... 

well that was incredible. more than made up for last week's rather disappointing episode, and i'm glad they didn't drag the Jon thing on any longer - was starting to think they might keep him 'dead' for almost the entire season. was beginning to have doubts over how GOT would go now that they're more or less working from original ideas rather than GRRM's books, but if this episode is any kind of indication i need not worry

Tyrion still getting the best lines! A part of me kind of wishes they'd left Jon dead as I really didn't want it to be the Red Woman who brought him back, though clearly it has always been leading to that. The first two deaths - the mountain and the giant - were my favourite!

Just so I'm clear - the guy who appeared at the iron islands - we haven't seen him before, right?