Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...it was ok.  I enjoyed the Dorne part and seeing Ramsey actually looking wounded for a change.  Mostly it was just moving the plot forward towards more interesting times ahead, which is fine.

I expect that the people who have been working themselves up into a fever pitch about the return of the show will be moaning today that it didn't live up to their unrealistic expectations.

I enjoyed it

they are definitely teasing us with the jon snow storyline

it's clear that he's obviously dead... but that's not the end of it of course

Seemed like an episode with an overhanging theme of prophecies. I like cersei's and (of course) the red woman's prophecies should definitely not be overlooked.

my personal theory is that all of the red lady's prophecies are right... somehow... i'm interested to see how it can be

I have studiously avoided any trailers or previews of series 6, so that was just grand for me. We rewatched the last two of series 5 beforehand and it made me wonder again what people's issue was with that series. There is just nothing else on a par for GOT for sheer ambition. Looking forward to what's coming up. Self-imposed social media ban every Monday will make me an infinitely more productive employee!

Wasn't quite what I expected for the first episode but I enjoyed it alot actually! Just not the direction I thought they would go in.

Especially enjoyed the Dorne scene and the Dothraki taking the Khaleesi down a peg or two! 

Glad they didn't resolve Jon Snurr  being dead or not yet and that ending, just brilliant! Love having a reason to tune in next week to answer a massive question! 

Episodes being divided up amongst loads of stories and locations is very much a technique that many don't find agreeable and it's one that leaves me wanting a lot more and feeling you have got very little. Instead of a few minutes each for 7/8 locations if they concentrated on 4 or so in each episode, but then in the next episode concentrated on 4 completely different locations I think it would work a lot better. 

Then again if they opened a series only touching on 4 of the stories we would have a load of people moaning that they have been waiting the guts of 10 months for this and they didnt get to see "story X" develop on its return.

Maybe have season openers and closers 90mins so? 

I think overall I enjoyed it.  Agree that it did jump around a bit, but I think certain arcs will lend themselves to that anyway - like Arya's last season, not much each episode, but builds over the season - think hers may do the same again.

Some seemed a bit box ticky - like the bit in Dorne - a few dramatic deaths, tick.

Love some of the dialogue up at Castle Black - Davos is almost as cool as the hound!

6 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

I think overall I enjoyed it.  Agree that it did jump around a bit, but I think certain arcs will lend themselves to that anyway - like Arya's last season, not much each episode, but builds over the season - think hers may do the same again.

Some seemed a bit box ticky - like the bit in Dorne - a few dramatic deaths, tick.

Love some of the dialogue up at Castle Black - Davos is almost as cool as the hound!

See I saw the dorne part as a nice element that's lead us from last session when they wanted to take revenge on the Lanisters to their complete overthrow of the brother so they are now set up for this sessions possible battles. set something up early for pay off later

13 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

See I saw the dorne part as a nice element that's lead us from last session when they wanted to take revenge on the Lanisters to their complete overthrow of the brother so they are now set up for this sessions possible battles. set something up early for pay off later

I think my book knowledge clouded my judgement on that.  On paper, Doran was very much against the Lannisters and wanted to get back at them, so killing him seemed unnecessary.  But then the whole Dorne piece has been massively different on screen.