Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck! That was mega

Love hating the questioning of apparent deaths!

Olly the lil bollox! Did not see Snow getting it Tbh. Saw him shacking up with Dany ultimately. Still feel he maybe OK. Not knowing his mother has always made me think he may have some other interesting blood even richer than Stark blood......

Arya's kill was satisfying, but at what price??

Amazed at how many men on horses can hide "just around the corners"

I wonder if the HBO budget will ever allow for a full scale massive open battle? Love the surrounding of Stannis' men but fast forward to the end was disappointing

Was I imagining it, or as Stannis was about to die, Brienne appeared to be struck from behind and then it cut away to elsewhere in the battle where Ramsey was killing someone, the only time he was show in the episode, this battle was non existent, but yeah someone clear up the Brienne bit for me?

Yeah I think she did get hit, was pretty disappointed to see that wasn't returned to.

I didn't pick up on that, I thought it cut away for dramatic effect.

Was I the only person waiting for Jon Snow's eyes to turn blue?

I am now  all in for the White Walkers to raze the whole of Westeros to the ground after that fuckery! Bloody knights watch!

After all the bloody build up for Stannis Vs. The Bolton's, I was really disappointed with the battle over so quickly! I guess the budget was already blown on the other battle then :P

The walk of shame was brilliant, and I hope Arya ends up ok!

Overall, the 3rd best episode of the series, but thats not a hard place to come :P

I take it my theory is shit. :(

Don't take this the wrong way but "yes".

One of them was left dying anonymously in the middle of nowhere and a long distance from King's Landing, and a traitor to the crown to boot. The other one died in King's Landing and the once-Maester said "I can fix him, he'll be changed but not for the weaker".

Also, I don't think "the look of the eyes" of an actor is going to be reliable given The Mountain has (prior to this season) already been played by three different actors (Conan Stevens, Ian Whyte, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson). Visual consistency is not a strong suit.

Where you not already primed for something with Stannis after the shite spewed over on the weather thread? 

Nah, I didn't look through that thread. I've just seen the OP now too. Last time I read the OP it said to keep any spoilers back until after the 9pm sky atlantic screening instead of the 2am one.

As you were folks.

Edited by The Placid Casual

Spoiler etiquette can be a pretty touchy subject about these parts at times..............

Im of the opinion if in doubt just bloody well spoiler it

Personally I think posting about episodes without spoiler protection prior to the Prime Time screening is a tad selfish/lazy/thoughtless, as what it can mean is that in the build up to a episdoe on a particular Monday folk cant risk coming on here to discuss their anticipation for the episode and its effectively a "no go" area, even if the spoiler "rule" was clearly outlined

Let's face it, i.......................................blah blah

Some how Tony I think you may be in a very small minority of folk on this thread that think like that

It would confuse the shit out of me however if this is how you feel yet you still watch it, what?, about 50 odd episodes in?? :rolleyes:

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Hollyoaks, Eastenders, Game Of Thrones.... plot-wise, what's the difference?

one is fiction based on how people behaved when we were little more than savages as a race, the other two are very similar in that respect although no-one actually carries on like that in real life.

its fantasy, escapism, and tits - loads of tits. 

Spoiler etiquette can be a pretty touchy subject about these parts at times..............

Im of the opinion if in doubt just bloody well spoiler it

Personally I think posting about episodes without spoiler protection prior to the Prime Time screening is a tad selfish/lazy/thoughtless, as what it can mean is that in the build up to a episdoe on a particular Monday folk cant risk coming on here to discuss their anticipation for the episode and its effectively a "no go" area, even if the spoiler "rule" was clearly outlined

Thankfully I didn't read here before I watched it, but as I had work from 8am to 4pm, it was pretty much impossible to watch it until I got home unless I wanted to sacrifice all sleep, haha.

Surely your problem should be with the source material Tony, rather than the show itself? Have not read the books to know how close many of the deaths are in terms of being graphic mind you

one is fiction based on how people behaved when we were little more than savages as a race, the other two are very similar in that respect although no-one actually carries on like that in real life.

its fantasy, escapism, and tits - loads of tits.

And lots of cock for a change last night :lol:

There is plenty of dark shit in the books not touched on in the programme 

BTW Id question anyone who can watch GOT and not get emotionally involved...............there is a lot of string plucking and button pushing throughout. 

BTW, where the fuck was Ghost?

I think a tv show, or a film should be able to stand on it's own, whether someone has read the book(s) or not. From what I understand, the TV show has taken quite a few liberties with the plot. The unnecessary rape scenes for example. 

Which the writer of the books has agreed to.

Edited by The Placid Casual