Game of Thrones discussion thread

bunique

humiliation is worse than having your genitals chopped off, or being beheaded, or raped? I'd be thinking I'd got off lightly... but then I'm not a woman or a queen.

I didn't get any enjoyment out of her punishment either. Do you think we were 'supposed' to?  But I'm struggling to find any emotional empathy with any of them.

for one thing, this was meant to be punishment, rather than sadistic abuse. Maybe that's why it felt so disturbing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ongoing rumour, turns out he just jelled it a bit or something.

In the "real life" shot he still looks incredibly sad!

Jesus. 12 months of obsessing over Kit Harrington's barnet ahead!

Though I did enjoy this :lol:

27609c4ed32a67fd04af8e795119b0a6.jpg

I'll bet you do... :wub:

:lol:!

Can't blame ya!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Discussing this with a friend last night.  This trailer told us absolutely nothing.  Unless there is some sort of imagery in Jon Snow being in between the dead and the living.

This teaser did the same, but with gusto..they really are keeping us guessing this year.

Edited by Spindles

59 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Discussing this with a friend last night.  This trailer told us absolutely nothing.  

Yep. Nothing at all.

But it was a great watch IMO as at first I thought "oh, can/will the dead return in some form"?, then you see Snow and its, "shit, is he actually dead as well"? Then you see Tyrion and I think "fuck are they going to kill him off"? But then we see everyone else and you soon realise it means nothing, or else it means everything, and it simply shows that we/they all die eventually...................

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, t8yman said:

that was ace. Cersei is gonna be a fucking animal I reckon.

we should start a dead pool. we are past the books now right? so no one has spoiler knowledge?

my money is on anyone the Lannisters don't like.

I'm going for Jamie as the big shock killing. (By Cersei obviously)

Seems reasonable, although it seems to me that his arc would make it more likely the other way round as he's been more and more coming to the understanding of what a cold, evil bitch she really is.

My money on the first to go is the High Sparrow.  People don't stay on top for long in Westeros, he want's to be keeping an eye out.

On 3/10/2016 at 10:04 AM, Spindles said:

Seems reasonable, although it seems to me that his arc would make it more likely the other way round as he's been more and more coming to the understanding of what a cold, evil bitch she really is.

My money on the first to go is the High Sparrow.  People don't stay on top for long in Westeros, he want's to be keeping an eye out.

Exactly, I think alot of people have almost started liking Jamie, hence his for the chop!

On 09/03/2016 at 8:20 AM, t8yman said:

we are past the books now right? so no one has spoiler knowledge?

Pretty much, but there is a whole story arc in the books (in the Iron Islands) that has not happened in the TV show at all.  Not sure if they are missing it out completely or whether they will come back to it in this series.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14 March 2016 at 0:57 PM, windy_miller said:

Pretty much, but there is a whole story arc in the books (in the Iron Islands) that has not happened in the TV show at all.  Not sure if they are missing it out completely or whether they will come back to it in this series.

They seem to show the Kingsmoot in the trailer so I assume it's happening

hope this series is better than the last one. I've been watching it again over the last few weeks and it was pretty shit overall. Hardhome just about saved the series.

Can anyone remind me, are the other 2 dragons still locked up in those catacombs? Are we supposed to have forgotten about them? Who is feeding them after she's legged it on the back of the dragon?

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

hope this series is better than the last one. I've been watching it again over the last few weeks and it was pretty shit overall. Hardhome just about saved the series.

Can anyone remind me, are the other 2 dragons still locked up in those catacombs? Are we supposed to have forgotten about them? Who is feeding them after she's legged it on the back of the dragon?

We see them in the trailer with Tyrion, they seem pretty pissed - probably send the odd master or two down there every couple of days, ya get me?

33 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

We see them in the trailer with Tyrion, they seem pretty pissed - probably send the odd master or two down there every couple of days, ya get me?

I'll watch the trailer tonight, ta!

It still irks me that she locked them up. Just because they killed a few lousy goats, and a few annoying children. Bah!