What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can finally contribute to this thread!

Spent far too much on a new tent, purely for the extra ventilation to deal with those roasting hot mornings we will be experiencing (NFR NFC). Oh and a new self inflating mat to replace the foam crap i've put up with for years. Its all about comfort this year!

Also dug out my camping rucksack which is now sat in the middle of my bedroom floor, where it will likely stay, untouched, until June.

Can finally contribute to this thread!

Spent far too much on a new tent, purely for the extra ventilation to deal with those roasting hot mornings we will be experiencing (NFR NFC). Oh and a new self inflating mat to replace the foam crap i've put up with for years. Its all about comfort this year!

Also dug out my camping rucksack which is now sat in the middle of my bedroom floor, where it will likely stay, untouched, until June.

Just bought my Travel Johns - efestival shop has them at the cheapest price! Waterproof pouches on lanyards - staying at Worthy View this time, hopefully I won't be loosing my tickets to get in and out with them round my neck and emergency blankets to keep the tent cool

Wow, just seen these Travel johns online and you tube, wish i'd had one of these at Rolling Stones last year! I shall be buying these but only for those in crown nessessities, having to to leave a good spot to pee is a nightmare when impossible to get back! I shall however be using the old Lenor bottle for the tent.

The weather seems ok today so as i am bored to tears i might have to get the tent our for an airing.

Yesterday I finally watched the BBC footage. God it was awful

For starters why was the first Dr Who playing with the Stones?

And why do they so utterly fail to capture the place. I still cling to the BBC's 2009 Best-Bits (the one done to Bonkers) as the only truly accurate impression of being there that they've ever achieved

Brought bottles for infusing vodka/bourbon at home :D

Mainly I went looking at tents, found one and brought it! Also put it up a little bit in my front room and managed to pack it away first try (Quechua XXL II, so a pop up and easier than I thought given what people say about them!).

Today I bought a pair of cross-country walking shoes, I think as I'm going to be spending the best part of a week walking about farmland I want a decent pair of shoes on my feet. My sleeping bag and flag also arrived today. :thumbsu:

ETA: Currently bopping about the room to the Glasto playlist I've made. :-)

Edited by Ave

I was just thinking today that we needed a thread like this again! I have started knitting this year's festival hat for the cold nights - it's got "Glastonbury 14" written around it, and I am probably the most tragic person on the internet....

Just purchased a pop up tent, fed up of wasting time carrying and putting up a 3 man tent which I've shared in previous years, can't wait to just throw it up, peg it down, get the camping chair out, pour a bourbon, light up a special one and smile! Severely exited!

Also just bought a torch, and an airbed with a built in pump!