What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered my car park ticket as finally made the decisions to drive this year (usually go with Natinal Express). Kicking myself for not doing it when paid off ticket balances as didn't realise ther would be another £7.00 admin fee to do it esperately. Bums.

I have spent my morning filling a shopping basket on the efests shop. Stuck currently debating on whether to get a flag/windsock to mark our camp. Never bothered before, but we are camping somewhere different this year (driving for the first time rather than coach) and our group is arriving at different times so thought it might help them to find us. Worried about the extra weight of a flagpole/stake, and that someone will just pinch it though.

Due to getting over excited reading the Best Tent thread, I've purchased this - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/tent-2-seconds-easy-3-green-id_8300684.html for my 16 year old and his mate to use this year, rather than the tent that they would usually be using. I'm a nice dad (and do like a new tent)

Finally got my leave approved in work. We can put in our leave request a year in advance as I do as soon as I get home from Glastonbury yet the feckers have only just decided to grant my time off after much nagging and weekly emails to them was getting worried. Cider tonight to celebrate

I know that feeling only too well. I actually had to consciously do it one year at Glastonbury. To cut a long story short I observed an undercover cop doing his work. He'd go up to people, have a chat, then walk away and the next minute uniformed officers steamed in. This happened to several groups below me while I stood on the top of Webbs Ash. Then I saw the bastard walking towards me. I paniced a little and decided to hid a reasonably sized amount of powdered base in the first thing I could see - which was a bent can of cider. When the bloke fucked off I went back to the can to retrieve it but found that the remnants of alcohol in the can had dissolved the paper wrapping my gear. I also noticed that it had been used as an ash tray. Decision time - let the whole thing go to waste or pour a little more cider in and drink the stuff. I'm sure you know which option I chose!

I know that feeling only too well. I actually had to consciously do it one year at Glastonbury. To cut a long story short I observed an undercover cop doing his work. He'd go up to people, have a chat, then walk away and the next minute uniformed officers steamed in. This happened to several groups below me while I stood on the top of Webbs Ash. Then I saw the bastard walking towards me. I paniced a little and decided to hid a reasonably sized amount of powdered base in the first thing I could see - which was a bent can of cider. When the bloke fucked off I went back to the can to retrieve it but found that the remnants of alcohol in the can had dissolved the paper wrapping my gear. I also noticed that it had been used as an ash tray. Decision time - let the whole thing go to waste or pour a little more cider in and drink the stuff. I'm sure you know which option I chose!

Just cracked open a Mojito cocktail, just checking I like them before I buy a lorry load... Still working out the logic of keeping them frozen while at glasto...

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/ready-to-serve-cocktails/parrot-bay-frozen-cocktail-mojito-250ml

FYI the Piña colada one tastes like coconut slush puppy.....

Edited by Abster