Weather

matt_berr

Still looking good well into next week - I'd take that for festival lead-up over pissing it down every day with low daily temperature, when you'd be basically praying for a huge change in atmospherics.

The last year I remember the weather being like this - with the same worries about a change in the pattern - was, er, 2010 :D

I'll take that :)!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the latest from the NFR NFC thread. It's all going to be OK:

mattyc1965

Posted Today, 10:05 AM

This in from the wonderful weather gods.:

""We aim to keep the high pressure in place for the rest of June. It should stay mostly dry but there will often be large amounts of c***d mixed with some sunnier spells. It should feel pleasantly warm in the sunshine, with the best of the c***d breaks over western fringes of the UK, though temperatures should quite widely be around or slightly above average for everyone. We require more and frequent praise to keep this as our aim""

We love you weather gods.

NFR NFC

It's looking great! None of this data is suggesting a mudbath, far from it. This is lovely, comfortable weather.

I know, right? Everything I'm seeing suggests weather I can happily live with. On another note, we've had predominantly dry weather for the last 3/4 weeks and 5-day forecasts are suggesting it'll stay dry through this week so at least the ground will be firm. It's not as if we've had rain solid for the last month and we'll be camping atop a ticking time-bomb.

I think there is an assumption that other than red hot sun the only option is 5 days of misery and downpours. All its suggesting is it's not going to be as hot as current (imo not a bad thing) and maybe the odd shower.

Granted if it rains on Wednesday the site might get messy on the walkways a bit like 2011 but in 2011 it'd rained for days/weeks before. The site must be a dust bowl at the moment..

I know, right? Everything I'm seeing suggests weather I can happily live with. On another note, we've had predominantly dry weather for the last 3/4 weeks and 5-day forecasts are suggesting it'll stay dry through this week so at least the ground will be firm. It's not as if we've had rain solid for the last month and we'll be camping atop a ticking time-bomb.

Yeah, even if the amounts forecast do actually fall, there's every indication that the ground as it stands is quite capable of absorbing it. Worst case scenario at the moment seems to point to something similar to 2008, which is fine by me.

Yeah, even if the amounts forecast do actually fall, there's every indication that the ground as it stands is quite capable of absorbing it. Worst case scenario at the moment seems to point to something similar to 2008, which is fine by me.

2008 was a cracker of a year - though i do remember being quite resigned to another mudbath after the rain started falling on Thursday evening. So glad it wasn't!

2008 was a cracker of a year - though i do remember being quite resigned to another mudbath after the rain started falling on Thursday evening. So glad it wasn't!

Yeah me too, but the ground was dry that year, so virtually all those puddles had gone by Friday lunchtime. A quote from the "State of the ground" thread

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/186056-state-of-the-ground-at-glastonbury/page-3

A close up of the ground in the crew field.as you can see it is starting to crack. (No, it isn't a cow pat :) )

DSC_0464_zpsolhe28gq.jpg

Best weather for me at a festival? Bestival 2012 on the Sunday - too hot Thursday, Friday and Saturday but then cloud covered the place on Sunday and yet it wasn't cold. Also meant I could walk around in the same clothes all day, see as much as possible, and not have to go back to my tent to pick up a jumper when the temprature dropped. It's great to have sun but I feel less inclined to move around in it so a bit of cover wouldn't go amiss.

I was there too! was bloody cold at night though, I brought a blanket from the Oxfam stall and use it for every festival since.

Only festival I've been to I didn't need the wellies...

Apologies if this has already been posted but today's BBC monthly outlook for Glasto week looks absolutely ideal

"Monday 23 June—Sunday 29 June

First week of Wimbledon

As we go further into the forecast it doesn't look like the high pressure is set to go anywhere which bodes well for the start of Wimbledon. It should stay mostly dry but there will often be large amounts of cloud mixed with some sunnier spells. It should feel pleasantly warm in the sunshine, with the best of the cloud breaks over western fringes of the UK, though temperatures should quite widely be around or slightly above average for everyone."

Stick!

Has anyone got links to the 2010 weather thread? I can't find one...

I think I posted a link to it earlier in this thread (a few pages back). I used to delude myself that the weather didn't matter but after drinking from the golden challice of 2010s weather, I was forever changed!

I think I posted a link to it earlier in this thread (a few pages back). I used to delude myself that the weather didn't matter but after drinking from the golden challice of 2010s weather, I was forever changed!

But...but...the dust. The awful, awful dust of 2010. Don't you remember? After 5 days of it and you got home and your trainmers were a bit dusty?

Heartbreaking, impossible times.