T in The Park 2015

Matt42

Seems to be an awful descision not releasing any of the line up until Feb.

People will maybe only go to one festival a summer, all of the major festivals apart from v will have released some of the lineup to drag people in.

I know personally I decide where I'm going the following summer by Christmas.

Why would you in the current climate? Festivals are not selling out, you barely no any of the lineup and for festivals like T, Reading, V Etc. You do tend to have years where they have one or two outstanding acts and you'd be bored the rest of the time.

Plenty of time to wait, if the pre christmas annoucements went that well with ticket sales I doubt they would hold back.

Edited by LondonTom

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you in the current climate?

Getting the time off and planning holidays and life around your festival plans would be the main reason. T is losing more and more of its automatic attendance every year and really can't afford for people to head south for their festival experience. The last time they did this was 2006 I think when it used to sell out in hours. This suggests to me that they have either an absolute blockbuster band that will sell it out with the shorter sell time, or no firm headliners at all yet. Given what other stuff I've heard, I really wouldn't be surprised if there is no T at all in 2015.

Getting the time off and planning holidays and life around your festival plans would be the main reason.

Spot on.

Booking time of, friends time of, getting the wife to book time of(I'm main parent at weekends) can be a nightmare.

For example taking a punt on sziget as plane tickets will be a lot cheaper before the main line up is released.

With ticket sales going down, why would you give your competitors a head start?

lol. The Prodigy, Black Keys and Pharrell.

Not too bad, I guess :/ wouldn't complain with T getting the first two.

T will go ahead and do business as usual, almost seems like folk want it too fail. Times and plans change, for all festivals. I don't even intend on going this year and I'm confident in this.

Not too bad, I guess :/ wouldn't complain with T getting the first two.

T will go ahead and do business as usual, almost seems like folk want it too fail. Times and plans change, for all festivals. I don't even intend on going this year and I'm confident in this.

Exact opposite, I want it back to the way it was with a diverse line up that catered for all age groups. After the last 3 years there's no Chance I'd be booking tickets without some hint whose playing.

As has been said previously, with other festivals getting earlier with their announcements and all the planning it takes for me to do a summer fest, I'll be sorted by February with my plans for next summer.

Agreed with most on here. Already sorted that I'll be doing Rock Werchter next year because of tickets, travel prices etc. Not even worth me waiting for the T lineup as the last 3 years have been disappointments lineup wise. Next year will be the first time I'll be missing T in 5 years. 2010/2011 were cracking but the lineups have gone downhill ever since. Love the festival itself and think it has one of the best vibes and crowds but the lineup has gone significantly downhill.

If T want to compete they should be announcing something when other festivals do and make people want to buy a ticket. Otherwise like many other people I know have already sorted/sorting what festivals they'll be doing next year because of the costs involved in a festival, the price of a good holiday you'd spend on a festival.

IOW seem to have it sorted this year despite me saying its been not so great the past few years... Hopefully T can follow the trend.

Usually get the laddie titp camping tickets for his Xmas,can guarantee he will want to go to iow instead because of the prodigy getting announced.

Usually get the laddie titp camping tickets for his Xmas,can guarantee he will want to go to iow instead because of the prodigy getting announced.

Haha, hopefully Prodigy get announced elsewhere saw them this year at Global and year before at creamfields and the new material is sounding great.

Was planning to go to Bestival this year and honestly cant be bothered making the trip down twice considering I dont drive!

IMO I agree announcing the line-up in february is a bad move from a festivalgoers perspective most people are making other plans, I might take a punt on EXIT this year instead.

Would say it makes them a reasonable chance for T, one of those acts that gets everywhere once they are announced for a few places

IMO I agree announcing the line-up in february is a bad move from a festivalgoers perspective most people are making other plans, I might take a punt on EXIT this year instead.

It's what they have always done really though, apart from maybe a headliner and one or two other acts pre-christmas sale the last few years, I'm sure most on heres minds wouldnt be changed whether they announce Kasabian now or February

Exits announcement methods are worse than T, and can be flaky to say the least.

But saying that, it's a much better festival and you will get 5 days holiday in the sun including spending money, festival ticket etc than what you can potentially spend on T.

Agreed with most on here. Already sorted that I'll be doing Rock Werchter next year because of tickets, travel prices etc. Not even worth me waiting for the T lineup as the last 3 years have been disappointments lineup wise. Next year will be the first time I'll be missing T in 5 years. 2010/2011 were cracking but the lineups have gone downhill ever since. Love the festival itself and think it has one of the best vibes and crowds but the lineup has gone significantly downhill.

If T want to compete they should be announcing something when other festivals do and make people want to buy a ticket. Otherwise like many other people I know have already sorted/sorting what festivals they'll be doing next year because of the costs involved in a festival, the price of a good holiday you'd spend on a festival.

I could almost have written that, apart from the only missing T twice since 1994. I find T repetitive these days and took others advice on this forum to try Download last year, which I found superb. No Glasto ticket in main sale so we've taken the punt with Rock Werchter, mainly because they've announced some bands. T's strategy for me has always been, they can do what they like and book who they like because it always sold well. So many options now and travel abroad can be really cheap.

Can someone please link to where it says anything about February? I have not sen any such announcement.

T in the Park Hey guys - we're working hard on our new site at the moment so there will be no artist announcement with our Christmas on sale. We will have a line up for you all in February!

That's a reply to one of their posts on Facebook

Edited by Red Day

Also V are also putting tickets on sale before Christmas without an act announcement. Maybe it's just a big SJM in-joke.

Finally..

Kodaline are doing NOS Alive and are meant to have new stuff out next year so they might be back again.

New single premieres tomorrow.

Edited by Zac Quinn