Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 100% a self confirmation, but I tweeted at Frankie & The Heartstrings yesterday asking if they'd appear at Glasto. They favourited the tweet. I followed up with "not sure whether to take that as a yes?" to which they replied with "maybe". Pretty sure they'd have just said no if they weren't playing.

Yes!! :D

Love them

That's the default Bandsintown listing for some reason so he probably won't be on there. Might be though - I dunno what Dr. Cat is. Sounds fantastic.

Cheers Dental. He does actually sounds pretty good fun - if I'm not going to look dodgy going into the Music4Children tent I might check him out. Here's a vid of one of his tunes:

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Mr C (The Shamen,The End, Superfreq) said on Facebook that it looks like he's gonna be there, but it's still not confirmed...

Been a regular at The End and at his Superfreq parties, but haven't seen him since I left London, so it would be amazing if he's there!

Mr C (The Shamen,The End, Superfreq) said on Facebook that it looks like he's gonna be there, but it's still not confirmed...

Been a regular at The End and at his Superfreq parties, but haven't seen him since I left London, so it would be amazing if he's there!

Haha I remember having an enlightening conversation with him many years ago during a night in Belfast that he headlined

Not really seen anything since I was a yoof and The Shamen were around.

If I liked the Shamen then (Move Any Mountain is part of the soundtrack of my formative years!), would I like what he's done since/doing now...?

Ben

Haha I remember having an enlightening conversation with him many years ago during a night in Belfast that he headlined

He came to our flat for an afterparty couple of years ago...first he fixed our Technics in no time, played a bit, than chilled on our sofa while having many enlightening conversations with all the Freqs in the house....a legend, that's what he is!!!

Not really seen anything since I was a yoof and The Shamen were around.

If I liked the Shamen then (Move Any Mountain is part of the soundtrack of my formative years!), would I like what he's done since/doing now...?

Ben

His music is different as a DJ than The Shamen, but it never stopped evolving and it still holds a similar message...check or his Smell the coffee album and some of his DJ sets on soundcloud...

I could really see him Saturday afternoon on the Hell stage...it's that Up close with someone concept, where a legend plays for 5 hours and plays anything he likes...Norman Jay and Andy Cato from Groove Armada did it recently and it was both amazing...from soul to disco, from breaks to techno...a real journey guided by a real Dj!

i'm not as in touch these days with dance culture as I would've been, say, 10 years ago, but even then Mr. C was regarded as someone who was very much respected in his own right for his talent as a DJ and his exuberant passion for the music and the scene in general. Mr. C was simply Mr. C, and not that-guy-who-used-to-be-in-The-Shamen.

I might check him out if he definitely does play.