The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

A couple of changes to my mainstage prediction based on that guys headliner shouts. Jamie T imo is kinda a weak sub but couldn't really think of anyone better (alt-J maybe?)

TWENTY ONE PILOTS // The Chainsmokers // The Hunna // Big Sean // PVRIS // DMA's // Pale Waves // AJ Tracey // Genghar

THE 1975 // Catfish & The Bottlemen // Khalid // Sundara Karma // Wiley // Marmozets // Miles Kane // The Fever 333 / Slotface

FOO FIGHTERS // Jamie T // Giggs // You Me At Six // The Neighbourhood // Idles // Not3s // Beartooth // Yonaka

A couple of points. Would Marmozets really play above Miles Kane? They're supporting You Me at Six on an academy tour and Miles Kane is doing his own academy tour. Plus, are Sundara Karma big enough for 4th? They did 6th down at Community this year. Think the rest is a pretty good shot, would love to see Jamie T sub and the Foos day is the one that probably needs less help than the others.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

alt-J are a decent shout - they'll be looking at returning to bigger fests soon after a couple of years headlining smaller ones. Pvris and Marmozets on main are good shouts too.

Sundara Karma are maybe a bit too high though after being sixth down at Community. And AJ Tracey is really low here, you wouldn't see him lower than Not3s for starters. I can't imagine Wiley being pushed onto a mid-main slot next year, and finally Chainsmokers and Big Sean are confusing picks in that they're both too high and largely irrelevant in 2019.

Damn I though Sundara Karma had grown a lot more than that, way further down then where I placed them :P

I'm honestly so crap at judging where rappers should sit too. Would swapping Not3s and AJ Tracey round be correct? Big sean was kind of the same deal, but I know he released a couple of albums last year and placed decently at Wireless so I din't think it was too unreasonable. Everyone seems to have been picking Cardi B for that kinda slot, but surely she'd rather just return to headline Wireless or something after having to drop out this year (assuming she has some new stuff by the time she's back) and I reckon Anderson. Paak would rather be at Wireless/Glasto/Parklife etc.

And I don't think Chainsmokers are that unreasonable in that slot at all. Sure they aren't as big as they were a year ago, but I know there stuff still hits the charts and their concerts still sell well.

EDIT: Also RE Wiley, it's more cause I have nowhere else to put him and reckon they'd probably have him back again on a new album

24 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

A couple of points. Would Marmozets really play above Miles Kane? They're supporting You Me at Six on an academy tour and Miles Kane is doing his own academy tour. Plus, are Sundara Karma big enough for 4th? They did 6th down at Community this year. Think the rest is a pretty good shot, would love to see Jamie T sub and the Foos day is the one that probably needs less help than the others.

See Sundara comment above.

I always assumed Miles and Marmozets were a similar size (as they do similar concert placings) but you are right that his tour is considerably larger than Marmozets did for their recent album. Probably worth swapping them

Edited by Mattymooz

7 hours ago, Jericode said:

Marmozets are still growing but they're bloody brilliant, main stage or top two Pit/LU wouldn't look out of place.

They're class. Feel like subbing The Pit might be ideal for them actually. Possibly even headlining it depending on how they do in the next few months.

Think YONAKA would be a great booking for early main stage. Their new EP did quite well and they've been on tour with some decent names so I think enough people would have heard of them to turn up early enough.

So yeah I'm gonna try again don't think Jamie T is really in the mainstream anymore 

Imagine Dragons // A$AP Rocky // Metronomy 

Khalid // Cage The Elephant 

Kanye West (YE) // Tame Impala // The Hunna 

Jamie XX // Brockampton 

Foo fighters // Vampire weekend // Pusha T 

Chris Lorenzo b2b My Nu Leng // Giggs 

This would be like the best Line up I could think possible not very reliable I don't think by anyway see what u guys think 

I'll have a go at a proper prediction. Gonna have to take inspiration from others on what hip-hop etc acts will be there.

FRIDAY

Main: Twenty One Pilots, Skepta, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls, You Me at Six

R1: All Time Low

Pit: Lower than Atlantis

FR: DMAs

SATURDAY

Main: Foo Fighters, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Giggs, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

R1: Silk City

LU: Bowling for Soup

FR: Sherlocks

SUNDAY

Main: The 1975, A$AP Rocky, The Hunna, Everything Everything

R1: BROCKHAMPTON

Pit: Marmozets

FR: Peace

Not sure about some of these placements. Think we can expect the likes of Pale Waves to appear at some point.

7 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

So yeah I'm gonna try again don't think Jamie T is really in the mainstream anymore 

Imagine Dragons // A$AP Rocky // Metronomy 

Khalid // Cage The Elephant 

Kanye West (YE) // Tame Impala // The Hunna 

Jamie XX // Brockampton 

Foo fighters // Vampire weekend // Pusha T 

Chris Lorenzo b2b My Nu Leng // Giggs 

This would be like the best Line up I could think possible not very reliable I don't think by anyway see what u guys think 

You cannot call that the best line up when you've put Imagine Dragons as headliners.

ROYAL BLOOD (Reading) // BRING ME THE HORIZON (Leeds) // Frank Turner // Brockhampton // Good Charlotte // Parkway Drive // Arcane Roots // Turbowolf // METZ
RUDIMENTAL // Foster The People

THE 1975 // Twenty One Pilots // LCD Soundsystem // Everything Everything // Neck Deep // While She Sleeps // Deaf Havana // Beartooth // Pale Waves
CHANCE THE RAPPER // Circa Waves

THE KILLERS // The Streets // Chvrches // Portugal. The Man // Mist // Sundara Karma // The Sherlocks // Milk Teeth // Let's Eat Grandma
BLOSSOMS // The Gaslight Anthem

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VCK said:

ROYAL BLOOD (Reading) // BRING ME THE HORIZON (Leeds) // Frank Turner // Brockhampton // Good Charlotte // Parkway Drive // Arcane Roots // Turbowolf // METZ

THE 1975 // Twenty One Pilots // LCD Soundsystem // Everything Everything // Neck Deep // While She Sleeps // Deaf Havana // Beartooth // Pale Waves

THE KILLERS // The Streets // Chvrches // Portugal. The Man // Mist // Sundara Karma // The Sherlocks // Milk Teeth // Let's Eat Grandma

You are never doing a tour like TOP are and subbing...No chance.

1 hour ago, VCK said:

definitely not enough rap, and I don't think LCD is particularly relevant to Reading. Foster the People would be an awesome pick and the blossoms/killers clash is a bit weird too I think, Blossoms would have an empty tent.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

definitely not enough rap, and I don't think LCD is particularly relevant to Reading. Foster the People would be an awesome pick and the blossoms/killers clash is a bit weird too I think, Blossoms would have an empty tent.

12 hours ago, VCK said:

No rap headliners on main stage which I'm happy about. LCD soundsyestum probably won't do reading so might do Glastonbury instead.

19 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You are never doing a tour like TOP are and subbing...No chance.

Arena tours tend to be standard fare for subheadliners. Hard to imagine them outright headlining but stranger things have happened I guess. Like Fall Out Boy.

18 hours ago, gfa said:

Brockhampton, Mist, Chance The Rapper and The Streets have the rap covered. I'm not sure which huge American names would realistically get a high Main slot next year without headlining.

8 hours ago, jj200 said:

No rap headliners on main stage which I'm happy about. LCD soundsyestum probably won't do reading so might do Glastonbury instead.

LCD Soundsystem was kinda just me thinking of a well established act to strengthen the Main Stage a little.

Main Stage

TOP/Lil Wayne // Vampire Weekend // Cage The Elephant 

Arctic Monkeys //A$ap Rocky  // Metronomy 

Foo fighters // Tame Impala // Pusha T 

R1 Stage 

Kaleo // Giggs 

The Prodigy // Brockhampton 

Silk City //  Bebe Rexha 

R1 Dance

Gorgon City 

My Nu Leng 

Chris Lorenzo

Lock up / Pit

CypressHill

Bullet for my Valentine 

Good Charlotte 

Festival Republic 

Lewis Del Mar

The Big Moon

Bad Sounds 

1XTRA

6ix9ine

lil yachty

Dave  

Edited by bigcharlie65
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, VCK said:

Arena tours tend to be standard fare for subheadliners. Hard to imagine them outright headlining but stranger things have happened I guess. Like Fall Out Boy

Their tour is huge though and thereisnt many places they could play, as an Exclusive they won't be co-headlining. They are selling tickets as quick as anyone atm and are bang on R&L crowd.

Friday:

Main: Twenty One Pilots//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Architects//Enter Shikari//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Sundara Karma//Basement//The Fever 333//Estrons

R1: Silk City//Good Charlotte//Sigala LIVE//PVRIS//Joey Bada$$//Boston Manor//Saba//The Academic//The Frights//Hookworms

Dance: George Fitzgerald//Hot Since 82

Pit: Andrew W.K.//Turnstile

FR: Parquet Courts//Dermot Kennedy

1Xtra: Denzel Curry//Mick Jenkins

Saturday:

Main: The 1975//Vampire Weekend//A$AP Rocky//Everything Everything//The Neighbourhood//DMA's//Greta Van Fleet//Black Honey//Yonaka

R1: Giggs//The Hunna//Lil Uzi Vert//Miles Kane//Fidlar//Scarlxrd//Pale Waves//Princess Nokia//Yungblud

Dance: Kaytranada//Metrik

Pit: Lower Than Atlantis//Ghostmane

FR: Drenge//Gang Of Youths

1Xtra: Pusha T//Tee Grizzley

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters//The Streets//Parkway Drive//Brockhamton//Cage The Elephant//IDLES//Marmozets//WSTR//Turbowolf

R1: CHVRCHES//Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Billie Eillish//JME//Peace//MoStack//Hippo Campus//Bad Sounds//Soccer Mommy

Dance: Discipls//GTA

Pit: Bowling For Soup//Atreyu

FR: Editors//Little Comets

1Xtra: Young Thug//Not3s

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Friday:

Main: Twenty One Pilots//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Architects//Enter Shikari//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Sundara Karma//Basement//The Fever 333//Estrons

R1: Silk City//Good Charlotte//Sigala LIVE//PVRIS//Joey Bada$$//Boston Manor//Saba//The Academic//The Frights//Hookworms

Dance: George Fitzgerald//Hot Since 82

Pit: Andrew W.K.//Turnstile

FR: Parquet Courts//Dermot Kennedy

1Xtra: Denzel Curry//Mick Jenkins

Saturday:

Main: The 1975//Vampire Weekend//A$AP Rocky//Everything Everything//The Neighbourhood//DMA's//Greta Van Fleet//Black Honey//Yonaka

R1: Giggs//The Hunna//Lil Uzi Vert//Miles Kane//Fidlar//Scarlxrd//Pale Waves//Princess Nokia//Yungblud

Dance: Kaytranada//Metrik

Pit: Lower Than Atlantis//Ghostmane

FR: Drenge//Gang Of Youths

1Xtra: Pusha T//Tee Grizzley

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters//The Streets//Parkway Drive//Brockhamton//Cage The Elephant//IDLES//Marmozets//WSTR//Turbowolf

R1: CHVRCHES//Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Billie Eillish//JME//Peace//MoStack//Hippo Campus//Bad Sounds//Soccer Mommy

Dance: Discipls//GTA

Pit: Bowling For Soup//Atreyu

FR: Editors//Little Comets

1Xtra: Young Thug//Not3s

Looks legit

On 10/7/2018 at 6:59 PM, bigcharlie65 said:

Main Stage

TOP/Lil Wayne // Vampire Weekend // Cage The Elephant 

Arctic Monkeys //A$ap Rocky  // Metronomy 

Foo fighters // Tame Impala // Pusha T 

R1 Stage 

Kaleo // Giggs 

The Prodigy // Brockhampton 

Silk City //  Bebe Rexha 

R1 Dance

Gorgon City 

My Nu Leng 

Chris Lorenzo

Lock up / Pit

CypressHill

Bullet for my Valentine 

Good Charlotte 

Festival Republic 

Lewis Del Mar

The Big Moon

Bad Sounds 

1XTRA

6ix9ine

lil yachty

Dave  

I go with that 

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Personally I think Reading will go for another hip-hop artist Main-stage Sat as two years in a row they've had Eminem and Kendrick selling out tickets before the other days there aren't many big hip hop acts left I think Drake or Kanye or Childish will come over personally 

As I've said many times before I still think it's more they want one non-rock act (as there was Disclosure too in 2016). With the current set of headliners, I reckon you could see 1975 as more of a poppier act and 21P as more of a rappy act. Sure independently they probably don't tick that box, but with both of them it is fine imo

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Personally I think Reading will go for another hip-hop artist Main-stage Sat as two years in a row they've had Eminem and Kendrick selling out tickets before the other days there aren't many big hip hop acts left I think Drake or Kanye or Childish will come over personally 

Childish Gambino ain't a headliner, so you're left with Kanye or Drake, and it isn't a given that one of them will be available and willing. Kanye hasn't toured over here in a while and Drake could easily just do stadiums instead. Just because they might want a hip-hop headliner, they can't force it into reality if there aren't any suitable options. As others have said, The 1975 and Twenty One Pilots probably cover enough non-rock bases anyway, especially if they have some high-profile hip-hop acts in other slots such as Childish Gambino/A$AP Rocky.

Feel like if they were in hip-hop magazines then hip-hop fans would be saying the same but the other way around.

It's pretty obvious their crowd is the Kerrang! kids (I don't even know if Kerrang! exists anymore but you know the crowd I mean) so I don't see why it annoys you they get talked about in rock music press.

But anyway, the purpose of booking hip-hop headliners is surely to bring in that crowd, which booking Twenty One Pilots wouldn't do, it'd bring in the crowd who went this year for Panic! at the Disco.

I know that that's kinda contradicting what I just said about them part-covering the non-rock bases but whatevs.