Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

I found Wolf Alice kind of dull at Glasto last year; though I went on to find their album (for the most part) similarly dull when that came out so that makes sense. Aloof is a pretty good descriptor for them actually. I think they've spawn from a pretty conscious label attempt to scoop up some of the heavy 90's alt-rock love that is (understandably) quite a thing now and just been put out there with some fuzz pedals to not necessarily write good songs but just sound a certain way, if that makes sense. Their tracks are fine, I wouldn't be against seeing them do well - certainly moreso than some up and comers like CATB - but there's nothing there really.

Kidwave are a similar sound but are a much better band for me. Just lack the profile/very fit singer.

In fairness it's usually not really that much different to last nights event. Just the lineup was horrific yesterday for my tastes it was all grime/garage/dnb and no house/disco/techno which they usually have in abundance. The silent disco was the highlight of the night tbh, they were playing some great tunes over it.

Toilets in Academy 1 are the best place to go and the club academy bar is usually the quickest to get served

Going to any gigs in Manchester this year? Might see you around

Well either way not many of the line ups are not to my tastes so :P

Also I figured that out later on and the only gigs I've got Enter Shikari and The Libertines line up so far

Well I'm still getting used to my new phone's auto correct, so I bet you feel really bad now

I found Wolf Alice kind of dull at Glasto last year; though I went on to find their album (for the most part) similarly dull when that came out so that makes sense. Aloof is a pretty good descriptor for them actually. I think they've spawn from a pretty conscious label attempt to scoop up some of the heavy 90's alt-rock love that is (understandably) quite a thing now and just been put out there with some fuzz pedals to not necessarily write good songs but just sound a certain way, if that makes sense. Their tracks are fine, I wouldn't be against seeing them do well - certainly moreso than some up and comers like CATB - but there's nothing there really.

Found that with both Wolf Alice and Royal Blood (obviously they have a different vibe about them, though). Maybe it's because I've already done the rock-is-cool-again bit of the pop music trend cycle and I'm not bothered this time around. They're both probably just as good as Franz Ferdinand were when they first appeared, I just pray these band spare us the po-faced covers. 

Po-faced covers? Like doing Live Lounge covers of One Direction, Years & Years and Pharrell between them - that sort of thing? :P Yeah they're both pretty similar in being something that's close to what I generally listen to yet just so shallow and pointless. Like Tesco knockoffs of your favourite trainers or something.

Onwards, if anyone watched that Wild Throne video I posted and enjoyed it, their album has been streaming HERE and is out today. Also I just spotted that Bully and Vant are supports on the upcoming FIDLAR tour which is double dope.

Po-faced covers? Like doing Live Lounge covers of One Direction, Years & Years and Pharrell between them - that sort of thing? :P Yeah they're both pretty similar in being something that's close to what I generally listen to yet just so shallow and pointless. Like Tesco knockoffs of your favourite trainers or something.

Ooof, that's a bit harsh yet unfortunately fitting. I don't dislike either of them, they seem harmless and well-meaning* but they just sound like a support band you see opening for somebody good. Their heart is in the right place but they've not quite got enough going on for me to invest any time in them.

*at least that's how I felt until you told me about these po-faced covers, bands need to stop that. A mate keeps telling me that I have to listen to Bastille's cover of We Can't Stop, nah pal that's the last thing I need. Chvrches are the gods of covers though, their covers are better than their own songs in most cases.

tumblr_lzpreoPAEs1rq535ko1_500.gif

I am not sure,  it err ...well its oddly kind of got that Bloc Party sound to it. Needs more guitars or something? I dunno, I think its the weird synths that ruin it.

Their 6Music session earlier was decent as well! (but the old songs kind of had this odd "vibe" that this song has to it)

Edit:

Solved it, its to slow, saw a comment on the youtube page of changing it to 1.5 speed, seems to work a lot better!

Edited by LondonTom