Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

Just read something about Brand New's singer saying on stage during their show last night that "this won't last much longer. We can't do this forever".

I'm not really a fan of the band, but I know quite a few of you guys on here are. What do you think to it?

There is a video from the end of the gig which shows Jesse's speech it does sound like Brand New is nearly done. One more album then that will be it unfortunately, but even then we might have to wait a while for it as he mentions that will be the last show for a while.

Just read something about Brand New's singer saying on stage during their show last night that "this won't last much longer. We can't do this forever".

I'm not really a fan of the band, but I know quite a few of you guys on here are. What do you think to it?

Wouldn't be surprised. Thought this was an interesting read a few months back, a theory in relation to their future. http://todayalive.tumblr.com/post/115478118319/for-those-who-want-to-know-what-the-fuck-is-going

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Cribs were so good tonight. Weird setlist, though; 8 songs from MNWNW (I think), including opening with Ancient History; and played You're Gonna Lose Us (a brilliant surprise for me).

The sound in Manchester the night after was so shit that I left half way through, actually felt like I'd been robbed it was that crap. Did try to enjoy it during You're Gonna Lose Us but didn't manage it. I'm not going to be in a hurry to see them again from now on, I used to love them so much, seen them live in excess of 20 times, but their last two shows in Manchester have been shit and the new album feels like a big step back from what they were doing on the last one.

The sound in Manchester the night after was so shit that I left half way through, actually felt like I'd been robbed it was that crap. Did try to enjoy it during You're Gonna Lose Us but didn't manage it. I'm not going to be in a hurry to see them again from now on, I used to love them so much, seen them live in excess of 20 times, but their last two shows in Manchester have been shit and the new album feels like a big step back from what they were doing on the last one.

Yeah I didn't enjoy the new album that much and was only excited for the older songs. I think this was the 4th time I'd seen them so I still enjoy it just because the crowd's always so fun. Sound was fine in Newcastle I thought.

That's a right shame; The Cribs were marvellous at the Wedgewood Rooms earlier this year, although the setlist that time was basically a greatest hits

I'm glad this week I convinced my friend to come and see HEALTH over The Cribs, every song sounded as though they were summoning a demon through a dial up modem, would love to see them get a good FR slot

I'm considering it still but it probably won't happen as I might, unbelievably, be too busy.

You should give Beach Slang a whirl. I got +@ and Japandroids vibes off their new record that came out last week, and obviously they're not as good but it should suit fans.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm considering it still but it probably won't happen as I might, unbelievably, be too busy.

You should give Beach Slang a whirl. I got +@ and Japandroids vibes off their new record that came out last week, and obviously they're not as good but it should suit fans.

Screw your business, get out there and see the best band in the world right now (in my very specific and personal opinion) :P

And thanks for the recommendation, will check them out

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎01‎:‎48‎:‎42, dentalplan said:

Wow. Failure are special guests to Refused at their London club show next month. Probably with Troy Van Leeuwen as he's touring with them at the moment. That's ballin' as fuck.

I didn't realise they were supporting. Anyone else seeing them tonight?