Years on the trott successful?

Guest bhafcseagull

Good thread.

First went in '95. Always wanted to go back, but various things stopped me.

Went back in '04 and not missed one since.

Had to work one.

I feel so fortunate. Like someones looking out for me or something? Seriously? What are the odds of that? Given how many people want to go each year?

And most of the real big guns (who've been to nearly every one) have not really hit this thread yet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 times tried, 3 times lucky.

I just have an awfully bad feeling about this. Things have been going very well for me of late, and i know this is just the kick in the balls i need to take me back to Square One!

Incidentally, it could of all been so different, i'd never heard of eFestivals 5 years ago when i decided to go in 2010, so we all went out for my mates 18th the night before, i literally woke up at 9.05am, and strolled up stairs and refreshed for 20 mins and got a ticket, to quote my mate he went 'Where am i? What Glasto tickets? I'll sort it later', not knowing of the demand we left it, and finally decided to try again at 5pm, and got him one 5 mins before it sold out!

We had the most amazing year!

It sold out at 10.40 last year :lol: how times have changed, I HOPE the World Cup might put a few people off this year, but i am really clutching at straws there aren't i :lol:

Edited by Bobs

well I have been very lucky as I have not missed one since 1979 but the last time I bought a ticket was 1987 - far easier in those days and a lot cheaper - £21{ it had gone up from £17 in 1986 }
By the time it takes to power up a Computer I walked into a CND shop { I think it was in between Angel and Old Street } banged down the cash and walked out with a fist full of tickets { cant recall the limit - if there was a limit but I know from photographs that I must have bought eight }
The counter person would pull out a ticket book - so you just ended up with a paper ticket - dead easy
most years I don't actually see a ticket but did use a trader ticket for a few years.
by the way when I was checking up the image location I ran into this - it look like a school project but it gives the rainfall from 1970 to 2010 and entry from 1970 to 2009 http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/adv_glastonbury.pdf

glasto-1987-ticket..jpg

18 on the trott but that first time it sold out within days caught me by surprise and some friends in Wiltshire had to come to the rescue with a spare ticket. I've been to 19 in total so if all goes well on Sunday, next year will be my 20th too. Good luck everyone.

perhaps I am not counting right but that takes you to at least 1990 and as far I am aware tickets were still being sold by local CND shops so when you say ' but that first time it sold out within days ' I know that friends who do not work at Glastonbury had no problem all all.
I know they switched to Greenpeace and Oxfam in 1992 so not sure what the ticket arrangement was but I know before that there was no mad rush to get tickets so I am a bit puzzled at your claim.
do you mean that your local CND shop sold out within days ?

Edited by storm

perhaps I am not counting right but that takes you to at least 1990 and as far I am aware tickets were still being sold by local CND shops so when you say ' but that first time it sold out within days ' I know that friends who do not work at Glastonbury had no problem all all.
I know they switched to Greenpeace and Oxfam in 1992 so not sure what the ticket arrangement was but I know before that there was no mad rush to get tickets so I am a bit puzzled at your claim.
do you mean that your local CND shop sold out within days ?

1989 was my first year. I skipped 1990 so that's why i haven't been to 19 on the trott.

I don't remember which year it was that I was caught out in the main sale, but I think Seetickets had already taken over the bulk of the sales, if not all. From what I can remember the sale started on the Thursday or Friday and when I logged on the following Monday they were all gone. It was from that year onwards that tickets started selling quickly with the odd exception.

I am 3 and 0 so far :P First year was in one the "secret" sales they had after umed and errd before it sold out Sunday afternoon with needing to wait for my student loan to come in :P

Both other times, was in the main :D Hopefully the luck won't run out this year!

Edited by LondonTom

I'm usually excellent at getting tickets, i mean I can't remember the last time i wanted tickets for a gig, and didn't get exactly what i wanted (seating/Standing etc..) before it sold out.

But glastonbury really is a raffle, you can only enhance your chance by trying and being up for it,if you're willy nilly, i find you might get stuck.

In 2011, i had mine, and 8 others tickets and confirmations at 0859, and ended up helping 26 people getting tickets.

For 2013, i went in all confident, and foolishly shouldn't of been, got rescued by LondonTom, and finally managed to settle my nerves enough to get tickets for 8 more friends, it's mad what a clear head can do!

All i can say is i wish you all luck!