Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

A friend of mine and myself have a tradition of going to xFest ( a local two day festival held on the Labour day weekend in September. ) However this year they canceled it. So we were lamenting the loss of our little alt music festival and trying to find something else to go to in the fall. Finally we decided that Imagine Dragons with K. Flay who will be here October 12  would be fun and bought tickets. The very next day Arcade Fire announced their tour and they will be here October 11.  o.O

We might have to do both. :D

Hmmm...they're obviously over the time when they took a dim view of the place, but I dunno if they now have the kind of affinity to it that would motivate them into making the effort for little obvious reasons or reward.  It's obviously not impossible, but Elbow and Gorillaz would still seem like more obvious contenders, purely by dint of long association.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmm...they're obviously over the time when they took a dim view of the place, but I dunno if they now have the kind of affinity to it that would motivate them into making the effort for little obvious reasons or reward.  It's obviously not impossible, but Elbow and Gorillaz would still seem like more obvious contenders, purely by dint of long association.

Yeah fair enough. So it's two big slots to fill right? With the assumption that Liam Gallagher is one of the three (Other, JP, Park)?

5 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

The supposed tracklisting that's going round is pretty odd, multiple songs with the same name

It matches up with the anagrams so I suppose its correct. 

The two repeats are Everything Now Slow & Infinite Content Slow, one of which they've been walking on to according to setlist.fm 

34 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

It matches up with the anagrams so I suppose its correct. 

The two repeats are Everything Now Slow & Infinite Content Slow, one of which they've been walking on to according to setlist.fm 

I assumed the Everything Now intro and outro things will be the "I'm in the black again" bit at either end of the video.

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I assumed the Everything Now intro and outro things will be the "I'm in the black again" bit at either end of the video.

Yeah I reckon that's what it is. 

Would be cool if everything links up to create a loop like that King Gizz album (hence 'Infinite Content') 

5 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I reckon that's what it is. 

Would be cool if everything links up to create a loop like that King Gizz album (hence 'Infinite Content') 

Or Joanna Newsom's Divers (illustrative example for people who won't listen to Australians)

Now I've had the chance to listen a couple more times, Everything Now is growing on me, especially live... but I still feel the Creature Comforts would have made the better lead single. 

And I really hope those bomber jackets make it into the merch stall.

Edited by fowls