Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

56 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

In The Backseat and Neon Bible played tonight

Not jealous at all

8 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

And a Windowsill encore?! I really hope they continue with the lesser played songs 

In The Backseat and Windowsill can get in the Manchester setlist, but no Neon Bible please.

Yeah, Glastonbury comedown, favourite band, best friend, In The Backseat? I'll be an absolute unapologetic mess. In The Backseat is my white whale.

Tried not to know about setlists in the build up, but I hoped, and knew really, we are in for a special setlist in Manchester.

40 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Swap Neon Bible for Ocean of Noise or Antichrist Television Blues and its a deal. 

(Antichrist Television Blues) would be the ultimate rarity wishlist song they could possibly play.. apart from maybe Half Light I and II back to back.

Watched the shitty periscope stream (I know, never a great idea) and the piano on The Suburbs was pretty much inaudible, I thought. Hopefully just the nature of the recording rather than actual sound problems live?

Would be thrilled to hear In The Backseat live, become maybe my favourite song of theirs recently. Neon Bible didn't sound too good but it's probably silly to comment given how bad a reflection of reality those streams are.

No support act in Sc**thorpe which is a bit annoying but since it's such a small venue can cope with that, would have been good to even get a local band on or something. The stage is 360 which will be strange with the size of the venue, still can't wait for it though 

Surprised they dropped SO MANY Reflektor songs, but I guess with 5 albums we're going to start to see odd setlists where even Tunnels isn't safe.

3 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

No support act in Sc**thorpe which is a bit annoying but since it's such a small venue can cope with that, would have been good to even get a local band on or something. The stage is 360 which will be strange with the size of the venue, still can't wait for it though 

I see that as a good thing in a way. These club shows tend to have a shorter setlist, so at least no support and an early start suggests we're going to get a full show.

Edited by fowls

On 2017-6-2 at 3:38 PM, MattDavies__ said:

if you do just go to http://www.wightlink.co.uk/ & look at the prices for a foot passenger 

Probably too late but if anyone is putting travel plans together; getting the hovercraft from Southsea, then getting either the shuttle bus they put on or a taxi if there are a few of you usually works out a LOT cheaper 

Everything Now has grown on me loads.

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

They didn't play Tunnels though - I know it's less of a rarity but would miss it if they didn't play it in Manchester! 

Agree, there are a few songs I think should be pretty much always played - Tunnels, Haiti, No Cars Go, Sprawll II, Power Out + Rebellion. The other disappointment for me is that they seem to have dropped It's Never Over completely, by far my favourite song on Reflektor but it's not been played since the main tour ended in 2014.

I'd be totally fine with them not playing The Suburbs and Ready to Start, but that seems unlikely. 

Not sure about the 360 stage but I do like that it'll mean everyone is pretty close. They're doing it on the North American arena tour too, where it'll probably have a bigger impact. 

Do we know what time they're on yet? Hoping no earlier than 8 as making the trip from Manchester, leaving rush hour!

Does anyone think Reading and Leeds might book them next year, their recent bookings have been lackluster to me but an Arcade Fire booking would get me down. I'm just thinking like is there any other UK festival they could really headline, arguably too big for latitude, recently played BST.

Edited by James96

1 hour ago, James96 said:

Does anyone think Reading and Leeds might book them next year, their recent bookings have been lackluster to me but an Arcade Fire booking would get me down. I'm just thinking like is there any other UK festival they could really headline, arguably too big for latitude, recently played BST.

I think they'll do Latitude next year. It's been grabbing quite big bookings over the past few years - particularly this year w/ Mumfords and The 1975 - and an AF return would suit the fest down to the ground. Woulda said Bestival before but it's clearly shrinking as Latitude goes the other way.

I would like them to show up at Leeds cos it ain't far from me and I still like plenty of acts that get booked there but they'd be a bit of an odd fit nowadays.

I thought they were really great last night. I wasn't that hyped about them until the last few days with the new song but it's easy to forget just how good they are live. I was delighted we got In the Backseat, one that i've always wanted to hear live and that, Sprawl II and Power Out into Rebellion (Lies). Doesn't matter how often they do the latter, it's always amazing when Rebellion (Lies) kicks in.

Thought the new songs came across really well too. I avoided listening to Creature Comforts before last night but it sounds fantastic, reminded me of Japandroids a bit for some reason, like a much better Arc of Bar. 

I agree with FloorFiller on Wake Up, it was great seeing them open with it until you got to the end of the song and realised you'd really miss them closing with it.

Just now, Calvin Klein said:

They should always play Tunnels. Always.

I anticipated that they were gonna start leaving it out of their set lists a bit more with new material on the way but was hoping we were gonna get it at Primavera what with the album not being out yet. It was missed. Hearing In the Backseat live was great but Tunnels should definitely be a permanent staple.