The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

I can get 25% off with John Lewis, any of these tents decent?

http://www.johnlewis.com/sport-leisure/camping-outdoor-activity/tents/c800003933

Only the most expensive one, the rest will be telling amusing anecdotes after the festival if it's wet

Edited by frostypaw

If you have back problems or recently suffered an injury, then this is great.

I broke my humerus bone just above my elbow joint a few months ago and still can't lift heavy objects, so this is ideal for carrying a couple of crates of cider, and other supplies across a muddy field. Just look at the size of those wheels! Phwoaaarrr...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BISON-FOLDING-FISHING-TROLLEY-PNUEMATIC/dp/B005CTXKM4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394772865&sr=8-1&keywords=fishing+trolley

I have Trolley love..... :giveheart: Looks amazing.....

I hate this thread.... I just purchased one.... Not good when you're out of work and Glasto is the only thing keeping your hopes up and apply for jobs!!!

Feeling a mixed of excitment and guilt right now....

Edited by Abster

Yeah camping chairs are £5 from Tesco in the camping season, any cheaper than that and you'll probably fall through it in 30 seconds anyway.

One of the arms on mine has gone a bit but still in working order and that for me to take this year.

Edited by Riggins

Any cheap camping chairs been spotted?

As per bleedin' usual, there'll no doubt be absolutely sh*tloads of them available for free somewhere in Somerset on or around Monday 30th June <_< I rescued two bog standard Millets jobbies dumped at Castle Cary god knows how many years ago now and despite no end of regular use each and every year since, the better of the two is still up in the loft waiting for the other one to give up the ghost !

Edited by mikeb

Don't for the love of god buy a cheapo camping chair if you weigh more than 11 stone. They simply aren't designed to take it, or at least not for 5 days of falling into it drunkenly

Key features have to be how easily it folds up and into it's bag and how easy that is to carry around so you can avoid it being a hazard in crowds resulting in you getting yelled at

I just came across this for dogs when camping and the weather's getting colder;

Bollocks to the dogs, I want one myself. I reckon I could become Seal Man and get up to lots of adventures.

Would you have a trusty sidekick?

Would you have a trusty sidekick?

It would be a damn shame if he didn't.

Are either of you offering your services? Maybe we could become a team of three. Lucy - you could bring along your Superglue Girl kit, and Green elk you could come in the disguise of an actual green elk. I know this may diminish your chances of disgusing yourself. Unless, of course, we have lots of adventures in green places. Oh, I'm giddy with the thought of the adventures we could get up to. I suppose the first thing we'd have to do is have a team meeting to decide whether we are for or against crime. I'm all for crime as long as it's an abuse against the self and not anybody else - a bit like drug taking. Maybe we should all take drugs to enhance our super hero adventures. Some speed might even enable me to crawl at more than 4 miles an hour.

Are either of you offering your services? Maybe we could become a team of three. Lucy - you could bring along your Superglue Girl kit, and Green elk you could come in the disguise of an actual green elk. I know this may diminish your chances of disgusing yourself. Unless, of course, we have lots of adventures in green places. Oh, I'm giddy with the thought of the adventures we could get up to. I suppose the first thing we'd have to do is have a team meeting to decide whether we are for or against crime. I'm all for crime as long as it's an abuse against the self and not anybody else - a bit like drug taking. Maybe we should all take drugs to enhance our super hero adventures. Some speed might even enable me to crawl at more than 4 miles an hour.

The last time I tried self abuse at a festival I was removed from the site...

Happy to offer my services as a sidekick though!