The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Don't forget that some of these sites can be accessed via cash back sites like quidco, to get you some cashback as well as the discounted goods. It may be cashback under a pound, but it'll be in your pocket and not their's :biggrin:

i remember reading somewhere (maybe on this forum) that you shouldn't get a hydrostatic head below 1500, and this one is only 1400, so might be a bit of a risk waterproof-wise

Realistically you should aim for 2000 or above, although I've been to glastonbury in a ten quid tent before and it stood up to a healthy thunderstorm and overnight rain without issue (and went home with me to return another year).

Blacks have currently got their "Jack in a Pack" raincoats knocked down to £10 for women's jackets and £15 for mens... They are usually £25 each.

After last year where I played it fast and loose with a "showerproof" jacket from New Look and found myself feeling rather soggy on the Thursday, I'm pleased to announce that this year, I will not be a wet head.

A trolley is all well and good but how are you supposed to squeeze that into a packed train/coach/shuttle?

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.asp

You can't go wrong with this bad boy, folds down small enough to use on public transport (I've taken it on the train and on and offsite on the shuttle bus) and has a good capacity. Mine's done half a dozen festivals so far and shows zero signs of wear and tear.

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.asp

You can't go wrong with this bad boy, folds down small enough to use on public transport (I've taken it on the train and on and offsite on the shuttle bus) and has a good capacity. Mine's done half a dozen festivals so far and shows zero signs of wear and tear.

Looks pretty decent that.

Any good in the mud?

In 2011 it was hellish on the way in and had the usual clogging issues that that level of mud brings, we arrived late on Wed night and were in about the furthest car park from the gate. It managed great until going through the gate, where the mud was beyond any trolley at that point and clogging became a big issue so we gave up thinking of finding any sort of optimal position and just camped in Dairy as it was pretty hard going. Even in that situation it was still a thousand times better than trying to carry all our shit by hand (I was on crutches as well, just to add insult to Ian Dury), come monday morning we just de-clogged the mud, packed up and headed out on the shuttle bus.

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.aspp

That's what I have and it was brilliant, folded up small enough to easily fit in an over packed hatchback so it should be fine for public transport too.

Edited by coma girl

I second this brought mine last year, great piece of kit a must in my opinion.

I'm looking to buy a pop-up tent for 1 person for Glastonbury. My assumption is that I need one that will be fine if it rains, and will have a front section that will stop me dragging rain water all over the bedding area. I've found the following which looks good value ... does it look good value to everyone else, or do you suggest anything else?

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/2seconds-xxl-ii-tent-id_8205983.html

In TKMAXX atm i think for it was £4.99 i bought a good quality peaked cap with a warm ear flap thing that goes round the sides and back, but it has a bright LED light built into the peak perfect for rummaging around in your tent at night or going to the loo at night, they dont look as silly as they sound and the light is discrete so can be worn even if your not using the light.