The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

The last time I tried self abuse at a festival I was removed from the site...

You weren't w*nking were you?

Happy to offer my services as a sidekick though!

That's the spirit. Consider it a partnership. In terms of getting off your box I think there's certain litchens that elk and the like can eat and they get spannered. Our priority on our first campaign will be to source some of these litchens for you. Although I'm totally against violence you could then start offering moose out for a fight. I know it's not fair play but I in the mean time could slither/crawl under their legs and tie them together. I'm a fair man normally but them moose have been asking for it for a long time if you ask me. What do you think? Got to dash for a while now because nursey is coming with my medication.

I've just bought a luxury camping chair for £20 in a charity shop - easily worth double that, so much nicer than a cheap chair for that early morning solitary coffee ;)

This is fine news. Should last you for years and years no problem. The only downfall of the more decent type is theft. It's not like it's on purpose all the time too. I've seen my own crowd just pick up the nearest chair and put it in a bag and wonder off. At present I actually am two chairs up from last year as there were two chairs just left behind. This counteracts a previous year when I had my own chairs taken away. Mind you, that's because I demanded that they be sectioned under the mentl health act. If the decision is between you and a camping chair then sing like a canary is my mottto.

• Upvote 1

My son took one of my chairs to Reading last year and it was nicked (as I expected!) on the way home on the Monday he just picked up one that someone had left behind... Instant karma!

I've recently purchased a van. I'd love to fill it with left over stuff on the Monday this year. My problem is that I can just about get myself home then.

I'd love to fill a van after Glastonbury, however you are competing with experienced tatters now. In 2013 we were walking to Gate A and saw a land rover which was completely filled in the back, floor to ceiling, with packed up tents, sleeping bags, airbeds etc, which appeared to have been filled by folks in yellow campsite crew t-shirts, this was before midday Monday and I was shocked by how much they seemed to have gathered.

I just came across this for dogs when camping and the weather's getting colder;

ruff-wear-climate-changer-coat.jpg

Bollocks to the dogs, I want one myself. I reckon I could become Seal Man and get up to lots of adventures.

Seal Man and Superglue Girl. I'd hate to see the amount of fish you could get through. ..

yes, yog, I think all the caravan stuff is on sale on the 27th

My son took one of my chairs to Reading last year and it was nicked (as I expected!) on the way home on the Monday he just picked up one that someone had left behind... Instant karma!

we got 2 'Beyoncé chairs' that way, just left amidst detritus on the Pyramid field after her spot. They may or may not fit her booty, but they're ok for us.

so lets get this straight in my head, is the general behaviour of people at glasto to carry a chair around with them all day? along with a backpack of crisps/ snack/ cans?

Oh Lord no. What happens is everyone starts off with a chair and a backpack of crisps/snacks/cans. Then as the day wears on and more drink is taken, along with military grade chemicals, people start to leave behind there chairs, then their snacks, then their crisps etc. What they will never leave behind is their drink. This carries on and on until they then start to lose other things - their self respect, dignity, and sense of worth.Clothes even, in some cases.

Not really. Some people take chairs around with them and others don't. Same with snacks etc. I can't think that there are too many people who don't carry drink around with them though.

• Upvote 2

Chairs are for the campsite except in extremis. If only someone would tell the sea of them blocking the way at the other stage

Other stage? Bloody pyramid more like

Ok I get the etiquette and im happy to get pissed sitting on my arse, my missus may not be as easy going though but ill try to exert my influence ;)

I would seriously advise a chair for the times outside your tent. They really come into their own then, and you can kick back and take it all in comfortably. I've never used one around the site but can't see any reason not too as long as it's not in front of the stages. That's a c**t's trick to do that is. I've gone and bought two more camping chairs tonight myself off ebay. I was answering somebody's question on here and in the process saw a seat like this;

$_58.JPG

That was that - I bought two of them. OK, so they're not exactly giving out the rock and roll vibe, which suits me. I like my camping chairs to give out a librarian vibe. It'll soon be elasticated waistbands on trousers becoming more attractive to me next. At least I'll have finally gone certifiably insane in a seat with good padding. It's less of a shock when the walls become padded too!

Bit of a long shot but a few years ago, there was a recommendation for a cool box. It was around £50. We bought it and used it, bloody great it was, cold cans till Sunday. We left it at my mates but he split up with his then missus, subsequently, she has binned it the bitter bitch. Anyone remember them?

Bit of a long shot but a few years ago, there was a recommendation for a cool box. It was around £50. We bought it and used it, bloody great it was, cold cans till Sunday. We left it at my mates but he split up with his then missus, subsequently, she has binned it the bitter bitch. Anyone remember them?

What your mate and his ex misses? I don't remember them at all because I've never met them!

• Upvote 1

Sorry messed that up on my phone!

The one you're thinking of is probably either the igloo or the Coleman extreme - I have the Coleman extreme - froze loads of bacon/sausages for breakfast plus frozen water/caprisuns for my son. Also put chocolate/cans etc in there to keep cool. Very impressed. Will try and 'charge' it with frozen things first this year so its really cold inside before we start. Really useful also for the beach/picnics/storing drinks etc at Xmas/parties. Bought it online for £50

Well, I thought it was funny anyway.

Sorry messed that up on my phone!

The one you're thinking of is probably either the igloo or the Coleman extreme - I have the Coleman extreme - froze loads of bacon/sausages for breakfast plus frozen water/caprisuns for my son. Also put chocolate/cans etc in there to keep cool. Very impressed. Will try and 'charge' it with frozen things first this year so its really cold inside before we start. Really useful also for the beach/picnics/storing drinks etc at Xmas/parties. Bought it online for £50

We had mojitos with ice on Sunday in 2010 from my mates Coleman

We had this last year, shade over £50 from Go Outdoors (keep an eye out for offers) - bartered down as it had a small dent. Pre cooled, filled up Wednesday morning - still had ice in the bottles by Sunday

Same one as ours and same result we also used it as a trolley for lighter stuff like sleeping bags etc with some bungies.

We're sorry, but this is not available for collection. This order is not available for delivery.

:(

Edited by musky

We had mojitos with ice on Sunday in 2010 from my mates Coleman

I've often wondered if it's worth lugging a cool box across the fields and when I see people with them I do have a moment of envy....

Mmm cold wine, cider and cocktails would be amazing.... Normally I've put my can of cider under my tent... Chills them a tiny bit downside you have to remember where they are so you don't stand/sit or lay on them!!!