The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Does anybody have experience with a fold up wheelbarrow like the one below?

There'll be three of us in a small car so we won't have room for a normal one.

Just wondering if it's worth doing this or just doing a second trip to the car for booze after everything is set up?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackspur-50kg-Folding-Wheelbarrow/dp/B008TQP02U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393946390&sr=8-1&keywords=folding+wheelbarrow

Second trip.

These barrows are rated for nice flat surfaces NOT farm and festival. Especially under an ill judged amount of beer, which let's face it, it always is

Second trip.

These barrows are rated for nice flat surfaces NOT farm and festival. Especially under an ill judged amount of beer, which let's face it, it always is

I believe that you are to drive those barrows straight into landfill. No need to pretend that they'll carry anything.

Good to know! Thanks.

i've been umming and ahhing over buying that sportsdirect tent (for the reasons above - there must be a reason why it's going so cheap) but i've read online reviews etc and it all seems to check out so i think i'm gonna go for it

Just morbid curiosity and all that ... but did you pre-order one in the end ? I had a wander over to the sportsdirect site some time around the date it had originally said stock was going to be available to see what the 'normal' price was going to be, only to find out that they'd shifted the due date out by a month or so and hiked the pre-order price up a bit I think. Now it seems to have disappeared from the site completely and there's no such tent available from them or indeed anywhere else ! Wasn't actually interested in buying one for meself, only wanted to know what the quality was like for future reference now that Gelert has become just another brand owned by sportsdirect. A bit strange that it's just disappeared though. Maybe not enough pre-orders to justify sportsdirect buying a container load or whatever of an el-cheapo version of a quite old design and well reviewed Gelert tent :unsure: I really dislike they way they often appear to do that mind you, selling shiny new stuff on the back of very old positive reviews is more than a bit naughty in my book unless it truly is an identical product.

Just morbid curiosity and all that ... but did you pre-order one in the end ? I had a wander over to the sportsdirect site some time around the date it had originally said stock was going to be available to see what the 'normal' price was going to be, only to find out that they'd shifted the due date out by a month or so and hiked the pre-order price up a bit I think. Now it seems to have disappeared from the site completely and there's no such tent available from them or indeed anywhere else ! Wasn't actually interested in buying one for meself, only wanted to know what the quality was like for future reference now that Gelert has become just another brand owned by sportsdirect. A bit strange that it's just disappeared though. Maybe not enough pre-orders to justify sportsdirect buying a container load or whatever of an el-cheapo version of a quite old design and well reviewed Gelert tent :unsure: I really dislike they way they often appear to do that mind you, selling shiny new stuff on the back of very old positive reviews is more than a bit naughty in my book unless it truly is an identical product.

i didn't end up buying it (stupidly) due to lack of funds. i had a look the other day and they now have a similar (if not exactly the same? i duno, didn't pay much attention to what it looked like) one in green for a tenner more so might snatch that up when i get paid (can't seem to find the specs for it though which is always a worry)

is a collapsible bowl really necessary though, surely any kind of container will do to stick a bit of water for hand and face washing purposes? or a huge pack of wet wipes?

Yes they would but you can have a bigger bowl/tub that takes up less space with a collapsible bucket. I had one from Go Outdoors, came in rather handy for washing/cooling cans down etc.

If you have back problems or recently suffered an injury, then this is great.

I broke my humerus bone just above my elbow joint a few months ago and still can't lift heavy objects, so this is ideal for carrying a couple of crates of cider, and other supplies across a muddy field. Just look at the size of those wheels! Phwoaaarrr...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BISON-FOLDING-FISHING-TROLLEY-PNUEMATIC/dp/B005CTXKM4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394772865&sr=8-1&keywords=fishing+trolley

I'm doing 3 festivals this year and it's my first year, so I'd like to get a pretty good tent for all of them, what should be my price range??

Closer to a hundred quid than a tenner. Tbh though it varies a lot depending on how big a tent you want to have and of course that's up to you but smaller ones are lighter and fit into gaps more easily

Shouldn't need to spend much more than that - it is festivals not a polar expedition after all

Vango pop ups with Dual Skin are excellent. Don't forget 2 man if there's one of you, 3 man if there's 2 etc

There are actually some great threads in here about tents.

How much and why are you selling?

I will be buying a tent for myself so am going to go for a 2 man

If it's the pop up Dart, I had one of those, only reason I got rid was to get a 3 man same model cos I'm a bit lardy! Fab tent.

Anyone need a torch?

Has anyone tried one of these?

http://cfx.supertorch.com/en/index.php

No, but I bought one of these babies recently (see link below). It's like a football floodlight when you turn it on. It's seriously bright.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trustfire-Searchlight-High-power-Bright-Flashlight/dp/B009YVYFES/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1394798326&sr=8-4&keywords=trustfire