Eminem

Guest Justiceforcedave

Shocking booking. Can R&L bookers really not come up with ideas of their own anymore?

(This is from a booking point of view. I saw Em' two years ago at Tennants Vital and while it was good heritage stuff, it really wasn't worthy of a headline performance. He'll probably do the same amount of tracks as The Cure did, but I'm not sure that counts if you do 30 seconds of each of them).

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much rather Eminem headline then the likes of The Killers, KOL or any other recycled indie headliner, He's a huge booking, will sell loads of day tickets, his last album was a huge success and I'd be shocked if his next one wasn't too (which will be out before R/L)

Edited by Buko

how does the booking not make sense? imo it's probably the most clever announcement Reading and Leeds have made since Kings Of Leon in '09. it'll almost guarantee a sell out, it's a totally different type of act to the norm, he hasn't played in ten years. it's just what Reading and Leeds needed tbh. it may attract a FEW of the wrong type of people, but it's a genius booking and it's better than, say, Mumford & Sons. much better

Muse and Foos tour the UK constantly and are always headlining a festival. it's a rarity if they're not touring. anybody who wants to see them has hundreds of opportunities all the time to see them. Eminem barely ever plays the UK and is one of the biggest selling artists in the world. he has more chance of selling out Reading and Leeds than any other act (who would play Reading and Leeds)

how does the booking not make sense? imo it's probably the most clever announcement Reading and Leeds have made since Kings Of Leon in '09. it'll almost guarantee a sell out, it's a totally different type of act to the norm, he hasn't played in ten years. it's just what Reading and Leeds needed tbh. it may attract a FEW of the wrong type of people, but it's a genius booking and it's better than, say, Mumford & Sons. much better

Edited by mrtourette

Muse and Foos tour the UK constantly and are always headlining a festival. it's a rarity if they're not touring. anybody who wants to see them has hundreds of opportunities all the time to see them. Eminem barely ever plays the UK and is one of the biggest selling artists in the world. he has more chance of selling out Reading and Leeds than any other act (who would play Reading and Leeds)

This for me is massive because i listened to him growing up and have never had a chance to see him, i'm chuffed. Think it's a bit of a marmite booking, but i for one am very happy.

I can see

Eminem

System Of A Down/Bloc Party (someone like that)

Deftones

Edited by Dukeeyyy