Eminem

Guest Justiceforcedave

Eminem as he was in the early 00s is past it, as a rapper who had fans of all different types of music talking and appreciating his work, but as a pop star? Nope, not past it at ail, don't get why anyone would say otherwise. The guy is a big pop star. Now that opens up another can of worms, as to why a "rock festival" as people still call it is booking a guy who's main audience is teenage girls these days.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm really not understanding people saying that he's not relevant. he still gets number one albums, he may not be at the HEIGHT of his fame but he's doing a hell of a lot better than most acts in the world, and people still anticipate his albums. he's hardly a vintage act or anything like The Cure. what a ridiculous comparison. just because an act has been around for more than three years doesn't mean that they're not relevant. in that sense Foo Fighters and Muse are f*cking classic rock

Jesus christ what a terrible booking...and no its not cos its a "hip hop" booking, it's cos his shit but apparently thats 30 second snippets of him miming will be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cos it's just the chorus right?

Jesus I think the Prodigy might be a more relevant booking to the "youth" than this w*nker.

i'm really not understanding people saying that he's not relevant. he still gets number one albums, he may not be at the HEIGHT of his fame but he's doing a hell of a lot better than most acts in the world, and people still anticipate his albums. he's hardly a vintage act or anything like The Cure. what a ridiculous comparison. just because an act has been around for more than three years doesn't mean that they're not relevant. in that sense Foo Fighters and Muse are f*cking classic rock

vintage, iconic, whatever. he's not even close to being in the same ball park as The Cure, and it's still a ridiculous comparison. just because he's managed to become big in his field and has been around for a short while does not make him 'iconic' in the sense that you mean. he is iconic, but he's still incredibly relevant. if not, i'd really like to hear your idea of a band who's been around for a while who is still relevant? or do bands that've been around for ten years instantly just fall into the 'living off their past successes' category?

vintage, iconic, whatever. he's not even close to being in the same ball park as The Cure, and it's still a ridiculous comparison. just because he's managed to become big in his field and has been around for a short while does not make him 'iconic' in the sense that you mean. he is iconic, but he's still incredibly relevant. if not, i'd really like to hear your idea of a band who's been around for a while who is still relevant? or do bands that've been around for ten years instantly just fall into the 'living off their past successes' category?

...I do wonder what would please some Reading fans. Maybe it's time to start going to another festival eh?

We don't want Biffy or Mumford they're not big enough or good enough.....we don't want the Cure because we don't know enough of their songs, we don't want Eminem he's past his prime and too poppy, we don't want the Arctics or The Killers or Kings of Leon, they've played too much, we don't want Arcade Fire because we don't know any of their songs. Who the fuck do people want? Led Zepplin with Jesus on drums?

...I do wonder what would please some Reading fans. Maybe it's time to start going to another festival eh?

We don't want Biffy or Mumford they're not big enough or good enough.....we don't want the Cure because we don't know enough of their songs, we don't want Eminem he's past his prime and too poppy, we don't want the Arctics or The Killers or Kings of Leon, they've played too much, we don't want Arcade Fire because we don't know any of their songs. Who the fuck do people want? Led Zepplin with Jesus on drums?

Edited by Mouseboy11