Eminem

Guest Justiceforcedave

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue wih headliners that I don't like, after all that's why they have multiple stages, but I reserve a special kind of dislke for this odious, cretinous c**t and regardless of the fact that I wouldn't watch him if I was there there's no way I can entrust my money to a festival/company that think that giving someone like him hundreds of thousands (if not a million) quid to dick around on stage is a good idea. The festival will always book bands that I don't like but that's the nature of the game, this arsehole however is a different kettle of fish and takes it beyond simply not liking the line-up, but that's just my opinion tongue.png

Trying to be as objective as possible it's hard to see how it's an impressive move, I'm guessing that either I'm underestimating how popular he is nowadays or others are overestimating it. And before people reply saying the former, lets see how tickets sell. I'll be happy to admit that I underestimated him if weekend tickets and his day sell out. I understand the point about him being a rare booking but with an album out next year is he really only going to play R&L? It might be rare now, which might explain why he's the first announced, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an arena tour next year as well. Perhaps it will make more sense when the other two are announced and we see them as a set.

Edited by mrtourette

As someone who's been going since 2003, he's someone I've not seen at the festival, that won't make me buy a ticket but at least it's someone who hasn't been there for 10 years.

You know what they say, You can please some of the people all the time and you can please all the people some of the time but you can't please the Reading festival crowd any of the time....except for that guy over there, he's pleased.

Great booking if he is infact back on form live. I wasnt even thinking of going to Leeds next year but at 30 Ive still not seen Eminem even though Ive been a fan since his first album so I might just get a day ticket. Ive got two kids and Im already going to Glasto so I think a full weekend at Leeds is a bit beyond my means.

I don't see why people are bitching. Eminem was a good choice as the first announced headline he has a massive fan base that will shift tickets aswell as being broadly liked by most people (I don't listen to much rap at all but enjoy Eminem). If people want a pure Rock / Metal go to Download.

Someone asked who they would like to be the headliners. I'd love it to be Eminem / Prodigy / Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Mr efestivals seems a bit miffed about gazza being right

nope, I'm pissed off with him claiming to be right when he wasn't, and I'm amazed that stupid people are going along with him.

If he was so right, why was he not saying yesterday (when he knew there'd be an announcement) that it would be eminem? He wasn't saying anything about eminem.