Eminem

Guest Justiceforcedave

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't see Arctics headlining. four years seems too soon to me. i'd love to say Black Sabbath, Blur and Eminem, but that's far too good to be true (unless FR have really pulled out all the stops for this years festival)

i think Blur, Eminem and then a lesser band... of Mumford & Sons caliber, but hopefully not Mumford & Sons

I think everyones being a little bit silly here.

Everyone going "You do realise he hurpdurp before?", you realise that RnL 2001 and RnL 2013 are two very different scenes? I personally believe this booking has its pros and cons. While the festival regulars may feel a little alienated and betrayed for the lack of a rock headliner, this announcement alone pretty much guarantees it will be a sell out.

Honestly, there's not alot out there anymore the bookers could of got their hands on that would of kept everyone happy. I think people need to realise that.

It's odd that the younger Reading demographic who see Eminem as a pop act are kicking up a shit. It's the older lot who think its a good booking. Eminem was the biggest act in the world once and although not quite that any more he is still a massive act.

Edited by Buko

I think everyones being a little bit silly here.

Everyone going "You do realise he hurpdurp before?", you realise that RnL 2001 and RnL 2013 are two very different scenes? I personally believe this booking has its pros and cons. While the festival regulars may feel a little alienated and betrayed for the lack of a rock headliner, this announcement alone pretty much guarantees it will be a sell out.

Honestly, there's not alot out there anymore the bookers could of got their hands on that would of kept everyone happy. I think people need to realise that.

Edited by thetime

if Eminem had been announced along with the rest of the headliners like previous years, i think it would've divided opinions a lot less. it's just that, right now, he's the only headliner we have and so for people who don't like him, he's taken a place of what could've been their dream three headliners

i don't get why people thought Foo Fighters would be a guaranteed sell out. that doesn't make sense to me at all. Foo Fighters must be one of the most toured bands out their, especially in the UK. Eminem's headline performances 2 years ago were his first UK performances in absolute years!

Edited by FloorFiller