Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

I never watch Later on Tuesday I just leave it until I can see the whole thing but looking forward to it now :ninja:

As for whether bands should headline or not. I actually think most of the headliners this year are poor in comparison to the undercard from a personal taste point of view but there is no doubt that they are all big enough bands/ artists to headline (well on the pyramid stage anyway)

You're missing out. Theres usually a few performances that don't make the Friday show.

Oh do they have different songs. I've avoided it because I thought it was just the shortened version. It has been the couple of times I have watched it.

Don't bother commenting in here most of the time as I usually catch up on the iPlayer and in fact only watched last weeks yesterday.

It’s not that at all. I was asking a question. It’s called curiosity. It can lead to different avenues of discussion. If you state an opinion then I can consider it, it leads to new thoughts and stuff.

Edit: Any yeah, don’t let a discussion on the internet affect whether you see them. I’m not connected to the band. I did meet Will Butler once, but it seemed like more of an inconvenience for him.

I know exactly what you've been getting at. Text-only communication is very hard sometimes. You've been having totally different discussions.

• Upvote 2

Arcade Fire blatantly aren't "shit" though are they? That's not opinion, that's fact. If they don't do it for you, fair enough.

I can only say, live they are excellent, and I'd be surprised if they aren't the best set of the weekend. Long overdue.

just watched it. All the acts were so mannered and nice and safe and boring. I quite liked that Sharon von Etten single the other month and wild beasts have their moments but that show was just one tempo/note all the way though, soporific and lacking charisma.

Arcade Fire blatantly aren't "shit" though are they? That's not opinion, that's fact. If they don't do it for you, fair enough.

I can only say, live they are excellent, and I'd be surprised if they aren't the best set of the weekend. Long overdue.

the new album is pretty shit I'd say. Especially when put alongside the old stuff. Some of the songs on it are just bad.

the new album is pretty shit I'd say. Especially when put alongside the old stuff. Some of the songs on it are just bad.

it's grown on me since it's release but this is still kind of how i feel about it, and it saddens me that they're finally headlining Glastonbury off the back of their poorest album. will still be incredible though regardless

it's grown on me since it's release but this is still kind of how i feel about it, and it saddens me that they're finally headlining Glastonbury off the back of their poorest album. will still be incredible though regardless

Yeh exactly, and the other problem is the band seem to like playing some of the "bad" songs too. So there will definitely be some lulls in their gig this year, whereas if they'd headlined in 2007/2010 it would have been a more relentless string of good songs. It's tragic to think of the songs that will be dropped for the likes of flashbulb eyes...

Ah well, I still plan on making them the headliner I get down the front for!

Reflektor isn't great, but live it's tremendous. Blackpool was one of those gigs that I'll remember for ages

i wish i remembered it. seeing those songs live at Glastonbury is gonna be like seeing them for the first time for me (which is kind of good i reckon but also infuriating as i've seen them all before)

just watched it. All the acts were so mannered and nice and safe and boring. I quite liked that Sharon von Etten single the other month and wild beasts have their moments but that show was just one tempo/note all the way though, soporific and lacking charisma.

Are you saying it needed Kasabian to break it up this week? :P

Didn't post last night because you were all being little bitches about the show. Arcade Fire were fine, like both songs they played. Imelda May was great as usual.

I just think Jools in a weird environment for bands to play, that's why most performances don't come across well unless it's one dude with a guitar and his voice.

Edited by III

Didn't post last night because you were all being little bitches about the show. Arcade Fire were fine, like both songs they played. Imelda May was great as usual.

I just think Jools in a weird environment for bands to play, that's why most performances don't come across well unless it's one dude with a guitar and his voice.

Agreed. Saying that, I think all TV performances must be weird with such an uninvolved audience - not the audiences fault mind!

Funny how folks generally don't like You Already Know, I'm a big fan of it. The bouncy bassline and guitar style remind me of some Smiths songs.

And guypjfreak, I'm afraid Pearl Jam are friends and fans of Arcade Fire, so they must have something about them eh? ;)

For the 2nd song, they started with a bad cabaret version of their old song Wake Up, I think it's poking fun at themselves for writing such a big, obvious rock song as Normal Person. It's still good of course, hehe. Love the lyrics too.

Add me to those who loved St Vincent when they were on by the way.

• Upvote 1

Reflektor isn't great, but live it's tremendous. Blackpool was one of those gigs that I'll remember for ages

I can see that could be true - the production on the album makes the songs sound really plodding. Hopefully It'll be like the difference between 'Jubilee Street' live and on vinyl!

Still don't like Butler's voice though - not enough range - but maybe that'll sound better live as well.

Funny how folks generally don't like You Already Know, I'm a big fan of it. The bouncy bassline and guitar style remind me of some Smiths songs.

And guypjfreak, I'm afraid Pearl Jam are friends and fans of Arcade Fire, so they must have something about them eh? ;)

For the 2nd song, they started with a bad cabaret version of their old song Wake Up, I think it's poking fun at themselves for writing such a big, obvious rock song as Normal Person. It's still good of course, hehe. Love the lyrics too.

Add me to those who loved St Vincent when they were on by the way.

I loved the thing they did with the guys at the back jumping up and down during the chorus as well