Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

I just think it’s obvious, they’ve headlined Coachella twice, they’re pretty huge. I don’t like Arctic Monkeys, but I wouldn’t question why they were headlining last year. It’s not about individual taste.

Edit: In response to sime

Edited by bocumaroy

Not about individual taste...!? I'm confused about freedom of thought now. Be honest, did you vote UKIP!?

I get a jovial, almost joke-like tone from you, but I don’t have a sense of humour, so I’ll continue as normal. Whether a band is a worthy headliner isn’t about individual taste, it’s about popularity, live reputation, and suitability for the festival.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And it's every persons right to decide for themselves whether or not they feel that a headlining band is shit or not, due to their individual taste.

• Upvote 1

arcade fire .......shit

imelda ...better than shite

wild bestys boring jools ...CRAP as usual

Hank .....is Hank ......would make a good t shirt ...good plug tho

van etten1000 times better than arcade fire didnt see if shes playiing glasto

kwabs.....not my thing but great voice

damien.......ummmmmmmmm to much ooooooooing

and back to arcade fire ...........fuck there so shit nice pompoms tho

and as for jools well hey ho

Jaysis Lads ye seem to be taking it very personally like its an affront to your tastes. Fucks sake, I hear them on the radio, think meh, they're not doing it for me. I keep getting told they put on a cracking show, so decide to watch jools with an open mind.

My conclusion is they are shit, as in not for me. So fucking what? Plenty other stuff to see. Its not like I'm going to be at Glasto throwing cans of piss at ye for enjoying them. I'll be off somewhere else having a boogie which also means more space for ye to enjoy.

• Upvote 1

Oh, I’ve got no problem with people not liking Arcade Fire. I find it odd when people question their headliner credentials.

wot headliner credentials ...i see none old son ...

and if you watch till the next break and you see a band like coldplay .....like them or not THEY DO have credentials lol

• Downvote 1

Jaysis Lads ye seem to be taking it very personally like its an affront to your tastes. Fucks sake, I hear them on the radio, think meh, they're not doing it for me. I keep getting told they put on a cracking show, so decide to watch jools with an open mind.

My conclusion is they are shit, as in not for me. So fucking what? Plenty other stuff to see. Its not like I'm going to be at Glasto throwing cans of piss at ye for enjoying them. I'll be off somewhere else having a boogie which also means more space for ye to enjoy.

This.

And it's every persons right to decide for themselves whether or not they feel that a headlining band is shit or not, due to their individual taste.

That’s not what I’m saying, though. I guess maybe H.M.V didn’t really mean it so literally and was just saying that she didn’t get *how* they’ve become big enough to be headliners (?), but generally, I think it’s daft to question why a band are headlining just because you don’t like them. Whether or not someone on the internet likes Arcade Fire isn’t likely to be a major factor in the decision making process, is it?

I haven’t even engaged with anyone saying Arcade Fire are shit on here, I don’t see the point. I do disagree, but as you say, each to their own.

I take it your referring to me? See my reply above, if so.

I don’t care if anyone else likes them. Well, actually, I sort of do, but I’m not going to confront them on it. I agree the performance was shit.

I take it your referring to me? See my reply above, if so.

I don’t care if anyone else likes them. Well, actually, I sort of do, but I’m not going to confront them on it. I agree the performance was shit.

No it was a general "ye" and I'm not the only one who has said they were shit but seem to be getting flamed for it.

Fuck it, its an opinion and you know what they say, "opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one". ;)

wot headliner credentials ...i see none old son ...

and if you watch till the next break and you see a band like coldplay .....like them or not THEY DO have credentials lol

They’re pretty obvious. They wouldn’t have headlined major festivals (coachella twice in a row) if they weren’t suitable for it. Yeah, of course Coldplay do, and no I don’t like them.

No it was a general "ye" and I'm not the only one who has said they were shit but seem to be getting flamed for it.

Fuck it, its an opinion and you know what they say, "opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one". ;)

Well I’m one of only about two arcade fire fans contributing, so it was partly me! All I’m saying is that they’re worthy headliners.

They’re pretty obvious. They wouldn’t have headlined major festivals (coachella twice in a row) if they weren’t suitable for it. Yeah, of course Coldplay do, and no I don’t like them.

Well I’m one of only about two arcade fire fans contributing, so it was partly me! All I’m saying is that they’re worthy headliners.

In your opinion of course which you are perfectly entitled to but doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

you not liking something doesn't make them shit , I don't like Coldplay but I wouldn't go round saying they are fucking shit OMG they are shit shit fucking shit I just listened to two songs now they are fucking shit. Hey it's just my opinion don't flame me down but they are shit shit oh my ears fucking shit shit shit fucking fucking fucking

The first song was boring the second ok if you want to watch a good arcade fire setlist watch them on I player after the festival