spwan-of-the-devil

Got any gigs coming up?

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Are you referring to him playing a song then stopping halfway through and playing another then jumping back to the first song?

Yeah - the songs were all over the place. I'm old and I like a tune where I have some idea where it's going. However, it was quite enjoyable watching the rhythm section desperately watching him to try and work out where he was going next. 

53 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Yeah - the songs were all over the place. I'm old and I like a tune where I have some idea where it's going. However, it was quite enjoyable watching the rhythm section desperately watching him to try and work out where he was going next. 

That's standard Jack White, he's done this since The White Stripes. 

Booked tickets for Feis Festival in Libpool next Saturday. 

Looking forward to Therapy? and Van Morrison but mainly the grand finale which promises to feature Shane MacGowan but I'm not convinced he'll do much more than being wheeled out for a couple of songs.

I saw Run DMC last night and it was probably the nicest and happiest gig I've ever been too. They had the world beatbox champions open for them which was surprisingly really fun.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I saw Run DMC last night and it was probably the nicest and happiest gig I've ever been too. They had the world beatbox champions open for them which was surprisingly really fun.

I would absolutely love to see them live, but songkick seems to think they last played Manchester 15 years ago :o

Darryl is my go-to answer for "who would you most like to have a pint with, living or dead?", the man is just the absolute best of our species.

24 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I would absolutely love to see them live, but songkick seems to think they last played Manchester 15 years ago :o

Darryl is my go-to answer for "who would you most like to have a pint with, living or dead?", the man is just the absolute best of our species.

I met Darryl last year as he's started his own comic book company which he was doing a signing to promote it.

He was really cool and friendly to everyone there. Me and my girlfriend have an in-joke of going to each other "whose house" and replying "Run's house" from the song when we're having a tedious argument, so I asked him to write it her (as she wasn't there) and mention "Whose House" which he did even though it's about the other guy and he spent the next 2-3 mins asking questions about my relationship and being really happy for me. He's a fucking quality guy!

I was abit disappointed he was wearing boots rather than Adidas tho.

Edited by jump

Just picked up a ticket to see This Is The Kit as part of Manchester Folk Festival in a couple of weeks. Wish I'd known about this before all the decent seats went though.

Only a few gigs coming up before Jan. Haven't seen most of them before though. Ry Cooder, John Fogerty, Parquet Courts, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. Idles if I can get tickets.