The Killers?

McCor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, defrio29 said:

him saying "we're in greece the day before" is really weird...

i mean glasto is an entire weekend thing, that seemed oddly specific, and perfect for that John Peel Sunday slot

Yep. I found it baffling that they weren't considered before and now it seems very likely. People saying they aren't friends of the festival. They've played 3 times including headlining, politely declined to headline one year - sure they are close enough to have a hand shake agreement. 

Gordon Smart has got a decent track record of revealing glastonbury acts too (Metallica comes to mind). I'm thinking why would he have even mentioned it if their wasn't anything in it? It's not a rumour I had even heard or thought of.

Saying that...it will probably be Gorillaz

5 hours ago, defrio29 said:

him saying "we're in greece the day before" is really weird...

i mean glasto is an entire weekend thing, that seemed oddly specific, and perfect for that John Peel Sunday slot

I found that weird as well - doubt someone like Brandon Flowers would know the exact date of a festival they weren't playing. The fact that he knew they would have to leg it from Athens to get there is interesting...

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

they were well ace in the tent in 2004. Scintillating atmosphere too.

not that anyone ever agrees with me on this. 

I knew you'd pop up in this thread, The Killers is one of my favourite 'random acts Russy enjoyed at Glastonbury despite it being out of step with everything else he likes' stories :P