Don't vote Tory

dimus

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

On a side note, Emily Thornberry has really impressed me in recent weeks. Carried herself very well.

I like Emily Thornberry a lot, but I get the feeling the wider electorate might not so much. I like her because she has absolutely no time for anybody else's shit, but floating voters like to be patronised.

2 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

I still can't make up my mind about her.  Sometimes I just find her incredibly patronising.

Yeah, I see that. But whenever I've seen her on TV, she's been cogent and clear. Much needed especially compared to some of her peers. 

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I like Emily Thornberry a lot, but I get the feeling the wider electorate might not so much. I like her because she has absolutely no time for anybody else's shit, but floating voters like to be patronised.

She'd spent the last few years making a bit of a fool of herself - all the sexism & point scoring remarks - and managed to avoid negative press in recent weeks, somehow. I feel like yer average person may actually feel somewhat alright towards her. 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

These are UKIP swings in safe Labour seats...

And vice versa, really interesting to see how that vote is being carved up by the 2 main parties.  In Tory seats so far it's gone 60/40 to Labour and in Labour seats the opposite seems true.  I'll be fascinated to see the final breakdown of that particular vote collapse.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

And vice versa, really interesting to see how that vote is being carved up by the 2 main parties.  In Tory seats so far it's gone 60/40 to Labour and in Labour seats the opposite seems true.  I'll be fascinated to see the final breakdown of that particular vote collapse.

Yeah, the collapse of UKIP and the youth vote are the big ones here. Marginals should start coming in in 30 mins or so - scary.

Just now, Tuna said:

Yeah, the collapse of UKIP and the youth vote are the big ones here. Marginals should start coming in in 30 mins or so - scary.

But fascinating.  Not going to deny I am still shitting myself over the possibilities after the initial optimism of the exit poll.

ITV is pretty good despite Most hated person George Osbourne. He has just put the boot into May and is saying that Torres have lost Croydon and Battersea and that Amber Rudd in Hasting is having a re-count. I am starting to believe. A little .....

Must say, I was very much a Corbyn pessimist, he ran a great campaign and you have to wonder what might have happened if he had collected the backing of the Labour Party earlier on in his tenure. I'm still not convinced by Corbyn, I think he has still failed to really appeal to the electorate as a whole and not just the left wing elements of his own party, but still, a fun night this evening! Going to be a zombie at work tomorrow!