Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no shit sherlock.

Someone might have posted something about that on Saturday. :lol:

Unfortunately, I didn't troll through every post, and I know you have a little wee when you have info nobody else does, so apologies for making my own observation...

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not true - no chairs allowed in Acoustic.

I've been going to Glastonbury for 30 years, and I've been to the acoustic tent more in the last 3 years (it'[s a sign of getting old, i guess) than in the other 27, so now i know these sorts of things. :P

I'm too young to enter.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

On a hill with the stage uphill from the crowd.

And - last year at least - a faux proscenium arch thingy that obscured the view from either side.

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

cos it slopes downwards the wrong away, ie.away from the stage

Ha, I understand that! I mean why position the stage there? 

Not too much of a problem for me as I barely go in there (I'm young!) but was on my tippy toes for Art Garfunkel and still couldn't really see 

2 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Ha, I understand that! I mean why position the stage there? 

Not too much of a problem for me as I barely go in there (I'm young!) but was on my tippy toes for Art Garfunkel and still couldn't really see 

I dunno really, but you're right, I'd never thought about it, uphill all the way, and designed for the oldest punters.

Probably to abut the backstage and load in area to the back of the field and (presumably) some sort of access road.  Also, as the majority of the crowd will approach from the foot of the hill it makes sense from a crowd access point of view.  

But it is a pity that the hill doesn't favour the sightlines.

54 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably to abut the backstage and load in area to the back of the field and (presumably) some sort of access road.  Also, as the majority of the crowd will approach from the foot of the hill it makes sense from a crowd access point of view.  

But it is a pity that the hill doesn't favour the sightlines.

Yeah but if you're trying to climb the hill up to the Acoustic tent just as a Proclaimers gig is emptying out, you're honestly taking your life in your hands. Don't watch any band in Acoustic that follows the Proclaimers unless you're willing to make the sacrifice of getting in towards the end of the aforementioned ScotPop duo's set and staying clinging to a pole as the unstoppable tsunami of bespectacled fans sweeps all away in its path.

(Cue several reposts about alternative routes via Kids Field to the Acoustic tent of approx 500 miles...) 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

not true - no chairs allowed in Acoustic.

I've been going to Glastonbury for 30 years, and I've been to the acoustic tent more in the last 3 years (it'[s a sign of getting old, i guess) than in the other 27, so now i know these sorts of things. :P

You sure Neil?

I was convinced there was a section towards the centre rear of the tent where chairs were allowed.  But I bow to your superior knowledge.

But blankets though.  I was there for Paul Carrack last year and you couldn't move for the bloody things.  And woe betide you if you actually STOOD on someone's blanket...

2 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

You sure Neil?

I was convinced there was a section towards the centre rear of the tent where chairs were allowed.  But I bow to your superior knowledge.

There's a chair section as you say, centre at the back. They're pretty strict making people put them away elsewhere in the tent.

They also have the 'no flash photography' sign on a stick but last time I mentioned that, everyone else denied ever seeing it. However, I am clearly in the right. :)

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They also have the 'no flash photography' sign on a stick but last time I mentioned that, everyone else denied ever seeing it. However, I am clearly in the right. :)

I saw that! In fact I think I've got a nice bright pic of it here somewhere...

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

There's a specific section for chairs. Normally middle back. 

There are signs saying not to take chairs in. Last year for Art Garfunkel a gang of folks who all looked in their 60's decided to take reasonably prime space in the middle and sit their 40 or so arses in the prime space which could have occupied 100 or more standers.

25 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

I know the sherlocks have said they've got a huge announcement tomorrow that they've been waiting for. 

I saw that too but couldnt understand where they would fit in Silver Hayes, BBC Introducing announce their own stage which is where i would have thought they could be in that area

Just now, craigyb31 said:

I saw that too but couldnt understand where they would fit in Silver Hayes, BBC Introducing announce their own stage which is where i would have thought they could be in that area

Yeah no way they would play silver hayes, just the only thing I've spotted by anyone today. 

Although most of the comments underneath seemed to think it was album related so who knows if that's anything.

2 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Yeah no way they would play silver hayes, just the only thing I've spotted by anyone today. 

Although most of the comments underneath seemed to think it was album related so who knows if that's anything.

Someone commented that the album is coming in July so maybe that info is already out, who knows hopefully we'll see tomorrow if its glasto related