2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mickball said:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/hosts-files-explained/

Basically it allows you to bypass the DNS/Load balancing service that routes you to a server. In this occasion, there seems to have been a server under little to no load that somebody found and kindly shared.

Thank you...I'm going to have a read for future reference. This sounds similar to something that happened a few years back with servers. I'm rubbish with technology

God dammit wish I had read that host hack file quicker. I was even on this page, just skimmed over it! 

I don't think it'll be all that practical for the resale, even if there's a loop hole it usually takes a little while for it to appear, and with there not being that many tickets on sale in the first place it would probably have sold out by the time settings get changed. 

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Was 109.231.214.235 the main, or a DR site? I'd be wary of using a DR site because the transactions may not actually be permitted / processed unless it was officially failed over to that, so for those that did use it, check and confirm your email / reg as soon as.

It's the DR....they failover and test it every now and then.  Main site has 3 x 194.X.X.X IP's.

Pandemonium,one of our group realised he had given us the wrong post code,he rang me I tried to ring the other who texted me he was in and the details were wrong then we're all jamming the phone lines trying to get through to each other but got sorted in the end,absolutely over the moon as we failed last year,I didn't get a sniff myself 

Totally frazzled,having a glass of wine and going back to bed

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

God dammit wish I had read that host hack file quicker. I was even on this page, just skimmed over it! 

I don't think it'll be all that practical for the resale, even if there's a loop hole it usually takes a little while for it to appear, and with there not being that many tickets on sale in the first place it would probably have sold out by the time settings get changed. 

As I recall when there was a workaround several years ago they resolved it before the next sale.

I managed to get through three times - got all three groups tickets.... no one else trying got a sniff. I have the luckiest F5 fingers in the west this morning! 

Also got booted off after putting reg details in, pressed to go back and resubmitted...job done. So lucky!

A very big smile on this face today.

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Sounds like a goodun then!

It shows my foolish trust of efestivals.  All I checked was that he wasn't shared on here by a new visitor then went straight in and used it.

Didn't think to check the certificate even before I put my payment details in, but I saw at least it looked like seetickets c@rp page :) 

Edited by clarkete

Quick question. In all the mad panic I don't remember seeing anything about car parking tickets. Was it there and I missed it? And how do you buy car parking tickets now if you have a GA ticket? Thanks muchly. 

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

It shows my foolish trust of efestivals.  All I checked was that he wasn't shared on here by a new visitor then went straight in and used it.

Didn't think to check the certificate even before I put my payment details in, but I saw at least it looked like seetickets c@rp page :) 

Haha, I followed it in a blind panic. Could have been giving anybody my card details :huh:

I guess it would have to be a pretty sophisticated scam to retrieve the registration details.

2 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Quick question. In all the mad panic I don't remember seeing anything about car parking tickets. Was it there and I missed it? And how do you buy car parking tickets now if you have a GA ticket? Thanks muchly. 

I could be wrong as I've not driven to the festival for a few years but I think you can buy them when paying the full balance 

Edited by Twisted Melon

When you pay balance.

Absolutely buzzing, managed to get 12 of the 18 we needed!

if you did miss out, don't worry. Always got friends tickets in the resale, or if you don't want to risk it then apply to work - I've litter picked a few years and it's well worth it...just to get on site and see the excitement building before the Wednesday

You buy parking in April when you pay balance.